Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member

Hi and welcome!!:happy:

An extra week of week 2??? Good grief, now that is some self punishment lol!

I got 6week 6 pack when i first tried it I found it difficult and it made my back ache.....but after doing Ripped for 2 weeks I tried it again tonight and found it so much easier.

YAY the smileys are workin again:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm thinking about doing a 2nd round of ripped after this one or doing a 6wk 6pk/yoga meltdown combo. I'm down to my last 10-15 lbs to lose, and it's a struggle, but I'm trying to push through.

anyone else hate the duckwalks?

ME! I hate the duckwalks! And I hate the hops too!

Just done - or nearly done (see above) - day 2 of level/week 3. If the day ever arrives when I can do this level all the way through at advanced level I'll ... I'll ... um, do a little dance! :laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Day 2 level 3 done!:bigsmile:

I do not like those duck walk things, my thighs HATE them, makes them cry :sad:

I'm begining to wonder just how much working out you got to do to get to the kind of bodies they all have on there.??!:huh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    50 cents has disappeared again....where are you??!!:glasses:
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 231 Member
    Ha ha! I'm back. Again! Lol. Late nite on Saturday for the wife's birthday. Think we crawled to bed at 8.30am! Then slept most of Sunday but then went round to see the family and had more drinks so getting ripped was never happening. Died on Monday so have just finished level 2 tonite. Will start level 3 tomorrow and catch up from taking Monday off on Thursday as I'm off work. Deliberately not reading much on here as I don't want to read about level 3 before hand. I like surprises. Lol. Will stick my face in tomorrow nite and say hello. If I survive level 3 that is!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Day 2 level 3 done!:bigsmile:

I do not like those duck walk things, my thighs HATE them, makes them cry :sad:

I'm begining to wonder just how much working out you got to do to get to the kind of bodies they all have on there.??!:huh:

I'm guessing they work out several hours a day since they have to look good for a living. Although, I have to say, the abs on the girl in week 2 almost look alien to me. I'm sure she is in impeccable shape, but I'd prefer a slightly softer look on myself.
  • gd50cent
    managed to get out of work early so got home and hit level 3. glad to say it didnt annoy me the way day 1 of level 2 did. but yeah i agree with everyone else about the crouchy walking things being tough and the jump squat things near the end but other than that it was alright. hitting it for 2 blasts tomorrow to make up for taking a day off so i'm sure i'll think differently about it tomorrow. felt my arms when i finished today so they might explode if i do it twice tomorrow! lol

and welcome back to the smileys! :bigsmile:
  • armaretta
    managed to get out of work early so got home and hit level 3. glad to say it didnt annoy me the way day 1 of level 2 did. but yeah i agree with everyone else about the crouchy walking things being tough and the jump squat things near the end but other than that it was alright. hitting it for 2 blasts tomorrow to make up for taking a day off so i'm sure i'll think differently about it tomorrow. felt my arms when i finished today so they might explode if i do it twice tomorrow! lol

It's good to see a male getting some Jillian action going. I've been trying to talk my husband into doing it with me.
  • gd50cent

It's good to see a male getting some Jillian action going. I've been trying to talk my husband into doing it with me.

cheers armaretta. i love the whole 3 min strength, 2 min cardio, 1 min abs routine and i like having different levels week after week. works for me and having something to follow plus threads like this keep me coming back for more! really noticed the difference after completing the 30 day shred. jillian has done wonders for me! really shrunk my core with all the plank work! no point in stopping now though so thats why i continued on with ripped in 30.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 3 level 3 done!

I did 6w6p afterwards and it's taken it's toll on me doing both 3 days running lol! Am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow :bigsmile:

Nice to see you back 50 cents.

Amaretta let us know if you convince your hubby to do RIpped. Mine did the Shred with me a few times and agreed it was challenging.
  • MissMaggie3
    Me too - day 3 level 3 over with. I hurt my back this evening, on the rock 'n roll thingies (jumps? Over on back, legs in air, back up again & jump). Hope it doesn't get worse. :frown:

Yes, hi gd50cent. where did you get that name anyway?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Me too - day 3 level 3 over with. I hurt my back this evening, on the rock 'n roll thingies (jumps? Over on back, legs in air, back up again & jump). Hope it doesn't get worse. :frown:

Oh no, hope your back is ok. I'm not very fast at those up and down rolly things, they're already up whilst i'm still on the floor :embarassed:
  • MissMaggie3

Oh no, hope your back is ok. I'm not very fast at those up and down rolly things, they're already up whilst i'm still on the floor :embarassed:

Thanks. In fact, I was trying too hard to keep up with them; just shows how pride comes before a fall. :cry:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Maggie you made me BOL...burst out laughing!

Just wanted to share with you all, our lovely Jillian has a new dvd coming out:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150340449854804&oid=127882247420&xid=nl_LosingItWithJillianMichaels_20110817
  • armaretta

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150340449854804&oid=127882247420&xid=nl_LosingItWithJillianMichaels_20110817
    Yay!
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Oh man... I totally fell off the wagon & bounced on my butt several feet. :sad:
    My last RI30 workout was last Thursday. I need to get on the ball again. I have NO idea why, I guess I've just been a little off lately. :grumble:

Anyhoo... time for me to get the ball rolling again... I've got to stay motivated & keep going. I've managed to get myself under 200lbs (finally! :bigsmile: ), so I really need to keep at it to keep myself under 200.

I'm so proud of y'all for sticking with it!!!! (unlike myself! LOL! But I won't give up!)

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • MissMaggie3
    Oh man... I totally fell off the wagon & bounced on my butt several feet. :sad:
    My last RI30 workout was last Thursday. I need to get on the ball again. I have NO idea why, I guess I've just been a little off lately. :grumble:

Anyhoo... time for me to get the ball rolling again... I've got to stay motivated & keep going. I've managed to get myself under 200lbs (finally! :bigsmile: ), so I really need to keep at it to keep myself under 200.

I'm so proud of y'all for sticking with it!!!! (unlike myself! LOL! But I won't give up!)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Hi ShannonBas, and welcome back! Congrats on your weight loss; it's bound to continue. Good to have you back on board. :flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3

Oh goodness, when I saw this I started to think I was locked into JM workouts for life; no sooner do I finish one than another comes out and I am compelled to do it. Like a poor little hamster going round and round on a wheel in a cage. :frown:

But when I followed the link I saw that it was for 'buns and thighs'. Hmm. Not sure that's for me; I'd rather do a whole body thing any time. But knowing JM,she'll probably issue yet another one before I finish ripped.
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Got in a workout. Don't know if I should count it at Day 3 of Week 1... or just start it over as Day 1 of Week 1. I guess since I didn't get as far into it, I could just do a re-start?? I don't know... but I did manage to get a workout in! :heart: YAY!!! :bigsmile:
  • MissMaggie3
    Oh balderdash! Just heard the mother-in-law is coming to stay for a week from next Wednesday. I vaguely knew she was coming but had conveniently forgotten about it. It will be impossible, I think, to meet up with JM & Co while she is here, and it will be right in the middle of level 4. I'm not a happy bunny. There are also implications food-wise ...
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Maggie that sounds like a good excuse to escape the MIL for half an hour! You're too close to the finish to stop now, keep going- she might have a laugh watching you!
This discussion has been closed.