Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Nice to see you back Shannonbas and congrats on the under 200lbs goal, that's amazing!!

Maggie you can't let mil stop you getting to the finishing line when you'll be so close, you got to work round her!!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 231 Member

Yes, hi gd50cent. where did you get that name anyway?

my dads nickname is dollar (no idea why, but it always has been) - so i got called half a dollar a few times and eventually it turned into 50cent. some of my mates would call me gd as they are my initials so i just combined the two.

just finished my 2nd day of level 3. the 3 mins of strength in circuit 3 really work my arms! cant quite get those shoulder push up things right - i'm just not that flexible enough to get my arms as close to my legs in that move but i give it my best shot and it kills so i'm happy with that. ended up doing jump rope with kicks instead of the last jump squat move - it just doesnt seem cardio enough for me. i'm maybe doing it wrong! and on the hoping move i'm just hoping on the spot coz we have wooden floor and if i start going side to side and forwards and backwards i just know i'd slip coz by that time i'm sweating like crazy!

so i'll be hitting level 3 again later this afternoon to catch up after taking a day off. although i'm straight out after work tomorrow nite and wont be getting a chance to get ripped so i wonder if i could squeeze in a 3rd blast at it tonite! lol. think that might be a bit overkill! probably easier to do an extra workout on saturday or sunday.

maggie - i'd say you'd be annoyed if u stopped just coz ur mother in law was there. could u stick the workout on a laptop and do the workout in bedroom? or either wait til she goes to bed then do it or maybe earlier in the morning before she gets up? if not you'll just have to squeeze 6 workouts into monday and tuesday! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    maggie - i'd say you'd be annoyed if u stopped just coz ur mother in law was there. could u stick the workout on a laptop and do the workout in bedroom? or either wait til she goes to bed then do it or maybe earlier in the morning before she gets up? if not you'll just have to squeeze 6 workouts into monday and tuesday! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    [/quote]

Nice ideas. However, she sleeps on the sofa in the living room (through choice!) and our bedrooms are tiny. I'll have to engineer partner taking her on a few trips out, methinks! :bigsmile:
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 231 Member
    2nd ripped session of the day done. so thats my 3rd workout of levell 3. day off tomorrow as heading out with friends straight after work. hopefully its not an all-nighter again like last weekend coz i really need to squeeze 3 workouts in between saturday and sunday, and i've discovered that hangovers and jillian dont mix! :tongue:
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    I've decided I hate the squat jumps more than the duckwalks. On a brighter note, I've recently upped my calories, and the first workout after my heavier calorie intake was awesome! Burned about 40 more calories than usual and felt good most of the time!

Any of you guys do something magical to get your last few lbs off? I'm down to my last 10-15 lbs and last couple weeks of Ripped and wondering what to do to get those last few off!
  • MissMaggie3
    Day 4, level 3 done. Took it a bit easier on the rock 'n roll things, and my back was OK. I'm a bit better at the duck walk things, but the hops are still awful for me.

Interesting, with the 30DS I really noticed the difference in my arms, and with Ripped I can see distinct changes to my legs. Still waiting for a dramatic difference to the blubber in the mid zone. It is better, but strangely, I'm still not the slim, athletic, bronzed, 21-year-old goddess I had in mind.

Hey ho.:ohwell:
  • MissMaggie3
    I've decided I hate the squat jumps more than the duckwalks. On a brighter note, I've recently upped my calories, and the first workout after my heavier calorie intake was awesome! Burned about 40 more calories than usual and felt good most of the time!

Any of you guys do something magical to get your last few lbs off? I'm down to my last 10-15 lbs and last couple weeks of Ripped and wondering what to do to get those last few off!

No,I just keep slogging away at the last bit of weight. I want to lose about 5 more pounds, but it is sooooo sloooow. I don't mind though, as I'm enjoying feeling fitter and healthier.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    I tried doing a rock and roll and couldnt get up!!!
  • armaretta
    Day 4, level 3 done. Took it a bit easier on the rock 'n roll things, and my back was OK. I'm a bit better at the duck walk things, but the hops are still awful for me.

Interesting, with the 30DS I really noticed the difference in my arms, and with Ripped I can see distinct changes to my legs. Still waiting for a dramatic difference to the blubber in the mid zone. It is better, but strangely, I'm still not the slim, athletic, bronzed, 21-year-old goddess I had in mind.

i noticed a good workout on my legs too. especially my hams and glutes! how does the 30DS compare, results-wise and overall experience? I was thinking about picking it up too. I do love some variety! :smile: :happy: :tongue:
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Thank you for the encouragement Y'all. :heart:

Day 2/Week 1.. Done.
    I decided to restart since I was only 2 days in & it was around a week between workouts. That way my body wouldn't be in such a shock... :laugh: :laugh:
    I'll be further behind, but I'm getting it done. :flowerforyou:
  • MissMaggie3
    I did 6w6p afterwards and it's taken it's toll on me doing both 3 days running lol! Am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow :bigsmile:

What's 6w6p like? Now that I'm more than half way through Ripped, I need to think about what's next. Is it really just abs work?
  • armaretta
    Today will be my last day of week 3! I'm scared to see what week 4 will be like, but also a little anxious! I have definitely noticed that as soon as you get used to one week, the next one is up!
  • skinnyinnotime

ha ha ha ha ha ha haaa!!!!!!!!! They're bloody hard!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    I did 6w6p afterwards and it's taken it's toll on me doing both 3 days running lol! Am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow :bigsmile:

What's 6w6p like? Now that I'm more than half way through Ripped, I need to think about what's next. Is it really just abs work?

No not just abs, it pretty similar to the stuff we've been doing in the Shred and Ripped, although there's alot more ab work as you'd expect. It's very fast paced, I can't keep up sometimes, they're up and onto the next move and i'm still on the floor lol! No idea what level 2 is like as haven't peeked but level 1 is doable (ish) so far.
  • skinnyinnotime

i noticed a good workout on my legs too. especially my hams and glutes! how does the 30DS compare, results-wise and overall experience? I was thinking about picking it up too. I do love some variety! :smile: :happy: :tongue:

I had great results with 30DS, my arms/shoulders had the most difference very toned with some muscle definition :bigsmile: I think you would like it if you're happy with Ripped.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 4 level 3 done :bigsmile:

Anyone else noticed Jillian misses out the 2nd load of arm lifts whilst squatting?
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member

Me too! It's easier if you slow it down a tad. I did worry everyone with a scream as i rolled away :laugh:
  • MissMaggie3
    OK. I've now done 5 days of level 3. I'm much better at the duck walk, but still useless at hopping. And I somehow managed to injure a muscle in the inner thigh doing the rock 'n roll whatsit, even though I did it slowly and used my hands. Good thing I was never into Bill Hayley et al.

Think I'm going to take a break from JM tomorrow, then maybe start level 3 on Sunday (to get in a few days before the mother-in-law arrives on Thursday). I might even do a double day somewhere in there, to finish on Thursday.

Sleepy now, might night. :yawn:
  • armaretta
    I'm surprisingly good at the rock and rolls, but damn near useless on the squat hops after all that rocking and rolling. I'm glad to see the squat hops go. Now watch there be a harder variation in week 4 now that ive said that!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Loving most of week 3, esp after the hell of week 2 (AKA plank week). Just finished day 2.

Like all the 1 leg stuff, good balance practice. Yeah i'm bad at the hops too, just hopping in place for now! Those jumping lunges are pretty hard on the knees, and hard after the rest of the workout.

I look forward to doing this one more than week 2, and am really noticing physical changes, shoulders coming along nicely! Still got most of the belly tho :frown:
This discussion has been closed.