Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Options

Replies

• allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Got my first day done! Was def sweating profusely by the end lol. I started today with 3 pound weights, but am going to 5's tomorrow.. I liked that some of the shred moves carried over.. I think the worst for me was the ab work, as I haven't worked on mine in a very long time :tongue: on to day 2!
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 done! Great job everyone that made it through day one :)
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 done! Nice n sweaty!! Looking forward to tomorrow!:laugh:
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I didn't do ripped in 30 yesterday because I burnt myself out at the gym
    but since y'know it's 4 in the morning and I have nothing better to do right now i'm doing it now.

How many times per week is everyone doing it? i'm going to aim for 4-5, I'm also doing c25k and goign the gym and I'll probably be taking a class or two so I don't want to be doing it every single day.
    Though I know the workouts are of a similar style to the 30 day shred and I can spare 20-30 minutes a day tbh

Anyway off to do day one and get my butt well and truly kicked,
  • Joisgettingfit
    Options
    Just finished it like a minute ago, some of those moves were tough like the one where you're on your side and you have to lift yourself up for some reason i'm perfectly fine with doing it on one side and when she switched over to the other I could barely get myself off the ground.
    I'm dripping in sweat though now, the time flew by really quick to be honest guess I was having fun :D
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in, if it's okay... I'm finishing up 30DS in a few days. I've already bought RI30, but haven't even taken it out of the packaging yet... :laugh: (I think I may be a little intimidated... :laugh: ) I thought maybe being in a group would encourage me to get after it when I get done with 30DS. :heart:
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just finished it like a minute ago, some of those moves were tough like the one where you're on your side and you have to lift yourself up for some reason i'm perfectly fine with doing it on one side and when she switched over to the other I could barely get myself off the ground.
    I'm dripping in sweat though now, the time flew by really quick to be honest guess I was having fun :D

Yeah I couldnt lift myself off the ground either. I thought it was just me!!
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I want in! I started last week already but I'm going 2 weeks instead of just one for every week. Im starting with 5lb weights and def feeling the burn. Great job everyone!
  • Shani262
    Options
    :smile:
  • Shani262
    Options
    I'm jumping into after work its only 2pm now. The dvd was supposed to arrive today so even if its not there I'll find it online and do it. How long was the complete workout?? Are you going to take a rest day?

It's nearly 11pm here in London!!

Errm, not sure actually as went onto do some zumba straight after, so didn't do her cool down/stretches...i think about 25 minutes upto that point.

Yes will take a rest day on sunday. Was going to do it 5 times a week, but i seem to have become addicted to working out so probably will do 6 times a week, will get better results as well!

Hope your dvd arrives soon!

I love doing Zumba before RI30!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Oh go on then! I don't want to feel left out. :laugh:

Only trouble is, I'm trying to get it now through utorrent, but so far I have downloaded 0.3%, and it says it will be ready for playback in 2 days and 19 hours ... I think I may have an issue!

Think I have to give up now, but will try again in the morning.

Well? Did you manage t download it?!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    but since y'know it's 4 in the morning and I have nothing better to do right now i'm doing it now.

How many times per week is everyone doing it? i'm going to aim for 4-5, I'm also doing c25k and goign the gym and I'll probably be taking a class or two so I don't want to be doing it every single day.
    Though I know the workouts are of a similar style to the 30 day shred and I can spare 20-30 minutes a day tbh

OMG, working out at 4am?!!? That's what i call dedicated!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I'd like to join in, if it's okay... I'm finishing up 30DS in a few days. I've already bought RI30, but haven't even taken it out of the packaging yet... :laugh: (I think I may be a little intimidated... :laugh: ) I thought maybe being in a group would encourage me to get after it when I get done with 30DS. :heart:

Yes of course you can!!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options

Only trouble is, I'm trying to get it now through utorrent, but so far I have downloaded 0.3%, and it says it will be ready for playback in 2 days and 19 hours ... I think I may have an issue!

Yep. It downloaded overnight, then hubby ripped it onto DVDs for me this morning. Then the one I'd bought arrived in the post! :grumble:

Anyway, I'm off! I've now done day 1 of level 1. To my great surprise, I found it relatively easy; I could do everything without modification. :bigsmile:

I notice the advice is to do it 5/6 days a week. Not sure whether to do that or go full steam ahead every day as in 30DS. It probably depends if anything else is happening in my life anyway, so I'll see how it goes.

I'm suffering from water retention in the abdominal area at the moment, so my results are going to be rather more spectacular than they should be!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Yep. It downloaded overnight, then hubby ripped it onto DVDs for me this morning. Then the one I'd bought arrived in the post! :grumble:

Anyway, I'm off! I've now done day 1 of level 1. To my great surprise, I found it relatively easy; I could do everything without modification. :bigsmile:

I notice the advice is to do it 5/6 days a week. Not sure whether to do that or go full steam ahead every day as in 30DS. It probably depends if anything else is happening in my life anyway, so I'll see how it goes.

I'm suffering from water retention in the abdominal area at the moment, so my results are going to be rather more spectacular than they should be!

LOL! Well at least you have it.....twice!

Now you've gone and confused me, i don't know whether to call it week 1 or level 1 or...both?!:laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    OK, day 2 week 1, level 1 is done!

Found myself getting alot more sweaty tonight, still not liking that sitting down, side raises thingy, oooh my thighs were crying:sad: But i made them carry on, I am mean, i'm learning from Jillian!
  • Joisgettingfit
    Options

Ahh I couldn't get to sleep because i was thinking about my ****head of an ex , so I got up and decided to work out instead to take my mind of him.
    I love the bit at the start where Jillian is like 'to make every ex you've ever had jealous' whilst I'm getting in shape for myself, i'd love for him to see me in a few months and realise what he could of had.
  • Joisgettingfit
    Options
    OK, day 2 week 1, level 1 is done!

Found myself getting alot more sweaty tonight, still not liking that sitting down, side raises thingy, oooh my thighs were crying:sad: But i made them carry on, I am mean, i'm learning from Jillian!

i can not do that thing, well i can on one side xD
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Ahh I couldn't get to sleep because i was thinking about my ****head of an ex , so I got up and decided to work out instead to take my mind of him.
    I love the bit at the start where Jillian is like 'to make every ex you've ever had jealous' whilst I'm getting in shape for myself, i'd love for him to see me in a few months and realise what he could of had.

The good news is that in time, you will think of your ex in a totally different way.....such as 'omg i can't believe i bothered that man'. You will find someone much better and more fool him, he'll be the one that missed out big time!!! I am so glad my exes are my exes and not in my life anymore, we live, we learn and we meet better men, yess!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options

lol love this!! i don't have many ex's but i'd love to make my girl friends jealous as well :tongue: one of my good friends is a lawyer, and a lot of times i feel so crappy next to her b/c i'm still forever single and living at home while she's got this great townhouse, and now a bf.. i know its kinda *****y to say, but it makes me feel a bit better that i'm in better physical shape than she is.. def gives me a bit more confidence..
    did L1 day 2 today, and already improving from yesterday.. was able to hold things longer, and did today with 5lb weights.. was def challenging and my arms were killing by the 3rd circuit, but i know it's gonna get better from here! hope everyone is getting on well!!