A Lot to Lose Challenge "B-LOSE-ING IT"(team closed)

Options

Replies

• k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Couldn't edit my last post, but here are this week's challenges.

::::Week 6 Challenges::::
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat
    Exercise - Dance Dance Dance!!! 10 minutes of dancing to your favorite tunes!!!

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under sodium
    Exercise - 50 squat kicks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Sunday
    Nutrition - Under carbs
    Exercise - 50 pushups (modify as needed)

Monday
    Nutrition - Under calories
    Exercise - 50 crunches

Tuesday
    Nutrition - 90% or more of your allotted PROTEIN (this is a new one! Let me know if you need help figuring this out)
    Exercise - 50 skater squats (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=112)

Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under fat
    Exercise - 50 dumbell pullovers (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=182)

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under sodium
    Exercise - 50 Woodchops (25 on each side) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG7tzX0aT0
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bobbie- It wasn't up when I was on at 5:30 and just got a chance to look here at school.:flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/333519-ltl-week-6
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Did 70 minutes act. including the dancing and I was under fat, glad today was not under carb day we went out for dinner. 45pts
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I was under fat and danced 10 minutes. I am a terrible dancer. It is painful to watch! I exercised 145 minutes. My kids were out all day, you think I could have exercised more and posted it earlier, but here it is 11:30 and I am just finishing!
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Didn't make it to the party...my one daughter didn't want to go because they had just gotten home, and the other is already asleep. So, I will just have to go with my gym workout: 140 minutes of riding, walking, and weights. I'm tired, but I'm gonna get back up tomorrow and do it again. Oh, and I was under fat.

Total: 75pts
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I have PM'd paddlemom(Shari) several times and sadly no response I hope she is okay:frown: . I asked Jen if we could find another member to replace her since I have not heard from her in 2 weeks.:ohwell:

Thursday
    AmyNVegas -45
    K2quiere-75
    Cklbrown- 85
    Redladystl- no check-in
    Paddlemom- no check-in

Total- 205

Friday
    AmyNVegas-45
    K2quiere-75
    Cklbrown-85
    Redladystl- no check-in
    Paddlemom- no check-in

Total-205
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I haven't even seen her on the threads. I don't remember her saying anything about vacation, so I too hope she's ok.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies sorry for not checking in the last few days. Everything has been hectic -seriously- and just not letting up. Starting from Wednesday dealing with Delta Airlines and SEVERAL delayed flights trying to get my daughter back to school to Hampton VA. No explanations or compensation, I hate Delta. If I have to go somewhere and Delta is the only airline going, I would rather ride grayhound! Then, only to get to school and find out the financial aide didn't come through - instant panic!!!!! The school unwilling to accommodate her till everything is figured out, even more panic and now pissed. The first time I don't go and all hell is going on. She's way across country, by herself, and she had to get to a hotel. Luckily a friend of hers had a rental and was willing to transport her. I've been on the phone trying to talk to everybody trying to figure out what's going on and what can we do to hurry up and get this corrected. The school informed me that there was nothing they could do unless I gave them $3000 cash, check, money order, credit card, whatever by 5pm friday. If they don't receive it by then Tuesday we have to add on another $400 for late registration. That's just a light version of whats been going on the last few days. All the while I'm crying my eyes out because I feel helpless way up here and shes way down there. Sick to my stomach with fear to the point of throwing up. Thursday and Friday was filled with a lot off emotional eating. My daughter is crying like crazy. I guess it probably wouldn't be so bad if I could just write a check for the tuition! I can not kerp paying for a hotel room, unexpected transportation, and fast food none of that was included in the budget. No I did not have a plan be.

Today I woke up with the worst headache I've ever had in my life. The only thing I could think of was to get her back home! So I went online to Southwest Airlines and purchased a one way ticket for tomorrow. My head doesn't hurt anymore, my stomach isn't in knots, and I haven't cried all day. I haven't eating yet either, which is a good thing. I actually feel like a smile is coming but, I know my daughter is devastated to be coming back home.

I did manage to log my food. I didn't do challenge friday, I did them tuesday wednesday and thursday. I was over sodium and carbs on wednesday. I also manned to get 30 treadmill everyday. I have been killing water by the case, since u can't drink because of my job. I've been mixing the crystal light margarita flavor packets. I don't drunk anyway I just felt I needed some.
  • cklbrown
    Options
    I was under sodium and I did the squat kicks. I exercised 120 minutes today.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Wow Red, You just made me want to cry for you! That's all so crazy! What you just described was one of my biggest fears and one of the biggest reasons I am glad my girls stayed within driving distance. I pray everything works out :flowerforyou:

Today's Check-in: 80 minutes bike and walking, under sodium.

Total: 45pts
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Wow Chel what a nightmare! I am so sorry your daughter and you had to go through all of that. Can she still enroll in a local community college so she can get some of the lower credits out of the way, or has she already taken those classes? I love how this college thinks you just have thousands of dollars lying around like you won the lottery or something! You would think they would let her start and give you time to work it out being that so many colleges are struggling to keep students with the bad economy. Which college is it? I will keep you all in my prayers and hope she gets back home safely!:flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I never got a response on rest day so I guess today was okay with everybody? Remember rest day is all about water! We get points for water and the nutrition challenge which is Under Carbs. Have a great Sunday Ladies and Chel hope your daughter gets back to you faster than it took for her to fly the first time!:flowerforyou:
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo Amy!!! Just got on this site for the first time yesterday. You are definitely an encouragement!! You go girl! :-)
  • cklbrown
    Options
    Today works as a rest day for me as I cannot do pushups!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Forgot to give my stats for yesterday I did 60 min activity including dancing at my neighbors backyard get together where unfortunately I went WAY over sodium:embarassed: and I did the squat kicks. 40pts.

Thanks ZumbaLin:flowerforyou:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I'm good with a rest day any day, honestly. I was slacking on the water a couple of days this past week, and I'm feeling it now, so I will definitely get lots in today. I'm still going to workout, but the water is a big deal :wink:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I need a free day from my free day...Maybe after Tuesday or Wednesday...whenever I finish these biking miles. Anyway: 15 glasses of water and under Carbs.

Total: 155 pts.
  • cklbrown
    Options
    I was under carbs, exercised 103 minutes (9 miles) and drank 128 oz of water.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I was under carbs and drank 22 cups of water so 225.:happy: Did a lot of walking we went shopping and I did calisthenics too to keep my hip going. I am planning on hitting the gym today and I will be cooking for the week.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Crazy workout today: 140 minutes of exercise, 50 crunches, and under calories

Total: 85pts...I think that's my highest so far, other than on water days!!!

Tomorrow will be much less, but I'll try to get something in :-)