A Lot to Lose Challenge "B-LOSE-ING IT"(team closed)

Options
AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
Ok ladies here is where the Blue team "B-LOSE-ING IT" can post all of our progress and challenge stuff for the A Lot to Lose Challenge!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    Options
    Ok did 6 miles on my recumbent bike and did the crunches. :bigsmile: Not sure if I will be under calories I am going out for dinner I have a free dinner for my birthday at several restaurants this weekend I will be 37 on Sunday!:drinker: (that is tea in the mug :laugh: ). So my total so far today is 70 points.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    yay went out to eat and still stayed under calories woohoo!!!! so total is 75!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    B-lose-ing it totals for Friday
    AmyNVegas-75
    k2quiere-15
    rosemiller11-15

So 100 for the team- the other 2 members didn't check in for yesterday.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Correction on Friday it was 105 :blushing:

Okay so our totals for Saturday were:

AmyNVegas- 15
    k2quiere-15
    rosemiller11- 5
    clala82-65 :drinker:
    mndbbr- no response to any team stuff yet haven't heard from her:ohwell:

Saturday Total-100:drinker:

Grand total-205!:drinker: I realized I didn't add very well on Friday I blame it on the birthday dinner out Friday night :laugh:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Sorry, didn't realize we were supposed to post on here and not just e-mail you. I'll let you know how it goes at the gym a little later.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Email is fine we just set this up to chat among the team members in case we wanted to talk about the challenges or cheer each other on.:bigsmile: Well as for sodium no way I was going to be under got a big salad and wings at Dave's BBQ but hey it's my birthday!:laugh: I ate half at the restaurant and the other half (minus 2 wings that my sister ate) at home for dinner. I did 6 miles on the recumbent bike and the woodchucks though so my total was 70 today.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Well, with some careful planning, I was able to keep under sodium and I didn't the woodchops. I also rode 5 miles on the bike, walked 1 mile on treadmill and track, and walked another 90 minutes shopping (I didn't count stops to pick stuff up). So, I think that makes my total 105. Let me know if I'm wrong on this.
  • clala82
    clala82 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Sorry I was MIA over the weekend. I use my phone to check in to MFP on the weekends, an the app doesn't have a function to connect with the message boards. :ohwell: So I'm more responsive during the week when I'm on the computer all day at work. :tongue:

I haven't kept up to date with the original group challenge thread because it got so many posts I didn't want to sort through them all. How are we supposed to know the challenges? And are they daily or weekly? Thanks!

Happy Monday, team b-LOSE-ing It!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    So we only had two check in for Sunday:ohwell:
    AmyNVegas-70
    k2quiere-105 :drinker: :drinker: You go girl!

Team total for Sunday- 175

Overall Total- 380

I have not heard from mndbbr at all she has not answered a single msg so we may be replacing her on the team if I do not hear from her today.:frown: Jen has ppl waiting to join though so shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement. I hope she was just out on vacation or something and will let me know today. I will let you know.
  • clala82
    Options
    I haven't kept up to date with the original group challenge thread because it got so many posts I didn't want to sort through them all. How are we supposed to know the challenges? And are they daily or weekly? Thanks!

Never mind. I saw that today's goals are to stay under calories and do crunches. Oh, I bet my abs will be sore tomorrow. I probably haven't done a crunch in two years!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    clala82- you must have posted while I was posting.:laugh: I got the list for week 1 from Jen's post here is the first week and it started this past Friday so we are going Friday to Friday. You can post your number here or send them to me in email each night so I can total everything and get it to Jen.

Week 1:
    Just as a refresher:
    We will base everything on a points system:
    For every mile that you run/walk/bike/swim/etc, you will earn 10 points for your team.
    For daily nutrition challenges - each person on your team that completes the challenge will earn an additional 5 points for your team
    For daily exercise challenges - each person on your team that completes the challenge will earn an additional 10 points for your team

Every day, the team captains will need to send me their team's total points for the day. I will maintain a spreadsheet for everyone to monitor the progress of the challenge.

For the exercise challenges - You choose if you use weights or not. This is all about pushing yourself to do something that you wouldn't ordinarily do, BUT we don't want anyone getting hurt. The main idea is to go DISTANCE. The Nutrition & Exercise challenges are EXTRA.

::::Week 1 Challenges::::
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Calories
    Exercise - 50 Crunches
    Saturday
    Nutrition - At LEAST 10 cups (8oz) of water
    Exercise - 50 Windshield Wipers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk
    Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Woodchops (25 on each side) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG7tzX0aT0
    Monday
    Exercise - 50 crunches
    Tuesday
    Nutrition - At LEAST 10 cups (8oz) of water
    Exercise - 50 Windshield Wipers
    Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Woodchops (25 on each side)
    Thursday
    Exercise - 50 crunches
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    So today's challenges are:

As many miles as you can get in walking, running, biking, or swimming, or any other machine that keeps up with miles, or if you do aerobic or other exercise 20 minutes = 1 mile.

Then the bonus challenges are:

Monday
    Exercise - 50 crunches
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Already have 7 miles in, and I think I will have to fight to even get near my calories today. I'm gonna do the crunches later and will check in again with my total for the day.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Ok, so it won't let me edit my last post to update...maybe I did it on my phone (can't remember :noway: ) Anyway, I rode the 7 miles, stayed under calories, and did the 50 crunches. I did the crunches on my exercise ball, and as soon as I was done, my stomach cramped up so bad I almost couldn't sit up. I don't think those muscles appreciated being moved in such a way...they better get used to it because Jen is trying to kill us.

Today's total for me: 85
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Great job!:drinker:

Ok totals for Monday Great Job Team!!!!:drinker:

Rosemiller11- 20
    Clala82- 25
    k2quiere- 85 :drinker:
    AmyNVegas- 75

For a total of: 205 :flowerforyou: :drinker: YAY Team!!!!!

Grand Total:585 woohoo!:drinker:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Glad to see four of us for yesterday...still nothing from our 5th person?
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Nope but Jen just gave us a new person cklbrown I am contacting her now.:drinker:
  • clala82
    Options
    Today's water challenge is going down! I drink lots of water, anyway, so this is going to be easy peasy. :drinker: <
    That cup is full of water. Hehe.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I'm with you on the ease of the water challenge...it's tomorrow's sodium challenge that makes me worried everytime. I also have to say that this focus on abs for the exercise challenges is killing me; I did the crunches on my balance ball and my stomach was so tight I almost couldn't sit up or stand when I was done. Needless to say, I have not completed the windshield wipers today; I'm only at 25 so far.

Can't wait to get in the pool this afternoon though.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I have to admit I haven't even tried the windshield wipers. I have a fray in the socket of my right hip right in the groin and I am afraid to bother it. Need try them flat on my bed though. I do 60+ crunches in bed each night and sometimes in the morning. I also do front leg lifts and side leg lifts and some Pilate moves it helps me sleep at night and gets the blood flowing to my hip when it is hurting. I started out with 15 crunches at a time and worked my way up. The ab muscles are fast healers and learn fast too so it will get easier quickly hang in there! If you do some crunches even on the days when it is not the challenge it will keep the muscles active. When I go to the gym 3 days a week I do weighted crunches/back presses and they have built my abs up like you wouldn't believe. It has really helped my back and balance. Okay need to go get on my recumbent bike and try those windshield wipers!:laugh: I'll let you know how I do.

As for sodium challenge I normally do not track sodium (I am for challenges) because I actually eat extra salt to keep from cramping on my low carb diet. Right now I am trying to stay at ketosis level with my carbs so I need the extra sodium or I get killer leg cramps from the diuretic effect, so I prob won't ever make the sodium challenges. But like you ladies the water challenges are a cake walk! I drink 24+ cups every day I mean hello I live in a desert after all and it's 106 today!:laugh: