A Lot to Lose Challenge "B-LOSE-ING IT"(team closed)

Options

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Karen- Me not overdo it?- look at your totals girl you rock! :drinker: 85pts!

I can do just about any exercise now just have to be careful of the hip, my diet really made all the difference once I cut grain and all sugar(except natural in fruits and veggies) my hip is a gazillion times better. Just have to be careful with sudden moves slow and steady wins the race. The elliptical really helps it for some reason I guess it works the muscles but doesn't put strain on it.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Sorry team...I was a total slacker today! I actually didn't think I'd get anything, but I was under carbs, so 5pts for me. I will make up for it the rest of this week...but it looks like the two of u did a great without me.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi everbody, I think I'm thr newest on the team. I am so excited to be here however, I am a tad bit confused as to how this works. I've read just a few of the post and you guys are putting in some work - I'M LOVING IT! If its ok with thr team members who are not already my friend please send me a friend request. Thanks for accepting me.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Welcome Redladystl!!!!:drinker: I sent you a PM with the logos and an overview of the competition. We are sooooo glad to have you!:flowerforyou:

Here are the challenges for today:
    Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under calories
    Exercise - 50 Lying Tricep Lifts (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=190) (this is the link to show you how to do them)

And everyday you earn 10pts for every 20 minutes of physical activity/exercise.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Totals for Tuesday:

k2quiere- 5
    cklbrown- 85
    amynvegas- 35

total: 125

Good luck today everyone!:flowerforyou:

k2quiere- I did the biking while I was dying my hair.:laugh: Got it cut yesterday then went home and dyed it and washed that gray right outta my hair! So I had 45 minutes with the dye on my hair so I cleaned my bathroom then climbed on the bike for the last 30. But hey multitasking is a women's thing anyway right?:wink: If not I don't think I would have had activity other than the daily calisthenics. I am rarely over on carbs I think with exercise it gave me 50 some but I try to keep them around 20-30 effective grams daily so even with my carbs set at 10% I am usually good on carbs.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    That's great...I need to dye my hair, but I've been too lazy to go to the store and get some. I also need to get my eyebrows done, but I almost never do it unless I'm getting my hair cut, and I'm not ready for one yet. Might have to pull out the tweezers...ugh!!!

Check-in: 30 minutes bike, 5 minutes elliptical, 25 minutes walking, 20 minutes weight circuit, under calories, and I can't remember what the exercise challenge was for today, but it if happened to be crunches, then I did plenty of them while at the gym. Right now I'm too tired to do even one more thing.

Total: 45 OR 55
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Today I jogged 6 miles, 60 minutes, lifted weights 40 minutes and did calisthenics for 50 minutes, totalling 150 minutes. I was under calories and did the lying tricep lifts. Welcome aboard Redladystl!
  • Redladystl
    Options
    Thanks cklbrown!

Wednesday check in: Under calories and sodium. Workout 15 minutes treadmill warm-up, 30 minutes circuit training with weights, 105 crunches with 25lb weight ball, 65 minutes elliptical. Didn't do woodchops yet its only 8:30pm in WA state so I still have time. Can somebody tell me what they are.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Redladystl and k2quiere- the challenge exercise yesterday was the tricep pullovers but you both did so much other stuff don't worry about! You rocked!:drinker:

My points were- 30 elliptical, 30 weight training, 10 calisthenics including the tricep challenge and I was under calories, so my points were 45.

Team points for Wednesday:
    AmyNVegas-45
    Biggo- no check in still:frown:
    k2quiere-45
    cklbrown-85
    Redladystl-65

Team total:240 :drinker: Woohoo great job ladies!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Okay ladies we had a FANTASTIC day yesterday!!!!! :flowerforyou: So let's finish strong, today is the last day of this challenge week- Let's go team!:drinker:

Thursday Challenges:
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Seated Torso Twists (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=454)
    10pts for every 20 min of activity

Don't forget tomorrow is our team rest day- you can still exercise of course but we cannot report exercise points. Tomorrow is based on water- we get 10pts for every 8oz cup of water we drink up to 50 cups, plus we can participate in the nutrition challenge. We are getting another new member since Ollie still didn't respond to us, I will give you her info once she is officially notified. K2quiere you will know her from the O3C.:bigsmile:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Cool! This has not been a good week for me emotionally, but I am glad I have this chLlenge to keep pushing me forward...I don't wanna let u ladies down!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    bump! - thanks Jen!!!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Totals for Tuesday:

k2quiere- 5
    cklbrown- 85
    amynvegas- 35

total: 125

Good luck today everyone!:flowerforyou:

k2quiere- I did the biking while I was dying my hair.:laugh: Got it cut yesterday then went home and dyed it and washed that gray right outta my hair! So I had 45 minutes with the dye on my hair so I cleaned my bathroom then climbed on the bike for the last 30. But hey multitasking is a women's thing anyway right?:wink: If not I don't think I would have had activity other than the daily calisthenics. I am rarely over on carbs I think with exercise it gave me 50 some but I try to keep them around 20-30 effective grams daily so even with my carbs set at 10% I am usually good on carbs.

ha ha ha...when i started to read this i had visions of you out riding your bike and could not figure out why you would do that with a bag on your head :laugh: then i figured out you probably had a stationary bike at home
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Karen:laugh: yep I was riding around the neighborhood in my hair dye LOL no really I have a stationary recumbent bike in my room.

Welcome Shari!!!!!:drinker:

So team we are 5 again:drinker: We welcomed Redladystl yesterday and today we got Paddlemom who will start tomorrow with the new challenge week! Yay team!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Ladies could we get first names if you don't mind? Of course mine is Amy, and I know cklbrown is Karen, Paddlemom you are Shari, Redladystl and k2quiere do you mind giving your 1st names?
  • k2quiere
    Options
    My name's at the top of my signature (Bobbie). Glad to hear we are a full team again!

Stats for today r pretty sad, but right now I am pretty sad, so it fits. 40 minutes swimming and under calories.

Total: 25pts
  • cklbrown
    Options
    Today I was under sodium and did the torso twists. I drank 144 oz of water. I thought it was Friday so I upped my intake. By tomorrow I should float away! I walked 5 miles (63 minutes), 35 calisthenics, 27 weights, total 124 minutes
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I did 30 on the bike and 10 in calisthenics including the twists and sorry I was over sodium. So I had 30 pts today.
  • Redladystl
    Options
    Ok riding around the neighborhood with a bag on your head that is too funny!!! So today I did the ab twist, 65 minutes on the elliptical but my sodium was way out the box. Sorry guys I did NOT get that one right. I guess that's why I've been downing the water today. 8 1-liter bottles of Arrowhead water so far and I still have 3 more hours of work to go. Can we say bathroom break!

My first name is Chel.
  • cklbrown
    Options
    What is the nutrition challenge today? Don't tell me carbs, I just had a bowl of cereal and a nectarine!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options