A Lot to Lose Challenge "B-LOSE-ING IT"(team closed)

Options

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Karen- we do not weigh in this challenge thank goodness :laugh: woohoo 85 pts!:drinker:

I did 125 minutes of exercise and I did the dancing and stayed under sodium wow that was a miracle!:noway: So my points are 75.

Shari- 55pts!:drinker:

Bobbie- woohoo!!!! 60pts:drinker: You are exactly right to blame it on the exercise it really does make you eat more and studies have proven this. That's where we get the phrase "working up an appetite" they showed in the studies that people when allowed to eat to contentment after exercise consumed more calories than they had actually burned during the exercise, probably because the body also accounted for the calories burned after the exercise, too.

Wow this team is rockin' it!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well so I started my day dancing with my daughter this morning just clowning around and we ended up dancing a whole 90 minutes! That was awesome and it actually kept me pretty hype and happy all day. That is till I looked at my sodium count, it was way over by lunch. I had a SAFEWAY select soup tomatoe basil, OMG delish! 55 minutes between work so I walked for 25 minutes. I still feel pretty good though.

@ Bobbie good job eating something you really wanted instead of the other crap. You can feel real good about that choice.

Have great day tomorrow ladies!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! These challenges and your support, not to mention the requirement of being honest with myself in my food diary have made these decisions easier to make :-)
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Okay for today:
    Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Exercise - 50 skater squats (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=112)

I'm not sure about those skater squats hmmm....

So our totals yesterday were:

AmyNVegas-75
    K2quiere-60
    Cklbrown-85
    Redladystl-60
    Paddlemom-55

Total- 335 WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Highest ever on a non rest day!:drinker:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Easy peasy when we has all 5 of us :-)
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Sorry...no points for me today....long story starting with up at 5:30 for bloodwork!!!! Trying to get in the groove with this challenge!!
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Well, unless I can count the leg press machine, we're not getting any squats out of me quite yet...knees do not appreciate them. Having said that, here's my check-in: 50 minutes bike, 20 minutes weight circuit, and 15 minutes walking. Oh yeah, and under carbs.

Total: 45 pts.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Okay so for me it was 60 min of exercise and I was under carbs so 35pts for me no skater squats sorry I can't do a squat with one leg yet.

K2quiere- great job!:drinker:

Shari- we all have those days don't sweat it, hope you are okay.:flowerforyou:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I was over on carbs, sorry team :( I did the skater squats. I have a really bad barbeque. I can't really walk away from it, but I can stand nearby and do squats and lunges and jumping jacks, etc. My neighbors are going to have me committed one day! I walked 63 minutes, (5 miles), 45 minutes calisthenics (not counting my bbq time!), 35 minutes with the weights,143 minutes exercise.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Dang, Karen, and I thought I was tired from my exercise...you just made me exhausted.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Me too Bobbie! Wow Karen that's 80pts and you probably needed those carbs!:laugh:

Karen can you give me the link to the smaller version of our logo you did or tell me how to shrink mine? Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Yeah, I'd like that link too.....please :flowerforyou:
  • Redladystl
    Options
    Welp for me its was a lazy, lazy, lazy day. Sorry ladies no squats for me and I literally did no excersize today. I did eat well though, very well and amazingly I was under crabs.

@ Karen girl good job with all that moving today - you rock!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Sorry I was MIA today I thought I would have time to get on after meetings but I have been going back and forth hauling all my stuff back to my room including all my reading books for my classroom library, had to have burned some killer calories today!!:laugh:

Totals for yesterday were-
    AmyNvegas- 35
    K2quiere- 45
    cklbrown-80
    Redladystl-5
    Paddlemom- :flowerforyou:

Total- 165

Challenges for today were:
    Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under calories
    Exercise - 50 Dumbell Rows (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=37)

I need to do dumbell rows still and I am pretty sure I will be under calories.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I think I preferred it when we were focusing on one area with the exercise challenges. All of this switching back and forth is not working for me, and I'm doing less and less of them, even though my regular activity levels are staying up. Sorry team...just something I'm gonna have to work through I guess. Like today, my arms and chest were hurting from the past two days on the weight circuit, not to mention my legs from the bike, so I swam because it helps me stretch them out so long as I don't go for olympic fast. Guess I need to just stop whining.

Check-in: 40 minutes of swimming and, even with the ice cream I'm about to eat, still way under calories.

Total: 25
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I was under calories and completed the rows. I exercised 110 minutes today
  • Redladystl
    Options
    Wednesday check in: Under calories! That truly is a big deal for me on my off day. 125 minutes of exercise, 50 dumbbell rows. Wednesday so far are my best days for working out, that may change in October. Tomorrow is my birthday Aug 25 but I'm not celebrating till Saturday, (maybe.) Have a great Thursday.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Yesterday I had 70 min of exercise including the dumbell rows and I was under calories so that is 45pts for me. I will check back in later this morning to see if Shari checked in I hope she is okay.:flowerforyou:

Thursday's Challenges:

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under Fat
    Exercise - Superman pose - 5 reps, 30 seconds each (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=191)

Today's challenge is pretty tough to hold 30 seconds but I did it! Have a great day ladies and I will post the link to week 5 as soon as I get it from Jen. We will need to decide on a rest day for next week. I vote for Monday that will be my first day of school and I know except for some walking I will be dead tired.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I was gonna vote for Tuesday, but either day is ok...I just know that if the bf is not working, I will be spending time with him and not the gym on Tuesday...maybe we'll go to the park, then I can get some working in. ;-)
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Redladystl!!!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: