A Lot to Lose Challenge "B-LOSE-ING IT"(team closed)

Options

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I had the worst day I have had in months I think (food wise). I went for the IV Iron treatment came home had lunch and I had cantaloupe I think it must be a trigger for me or something. I craved every carb in the house same as Thursday. My sister made gluten free chocolate cupcakes on Sunday to take one of the admin one as an apology from some butts in her class they were pretty rude to her and she left the rest of the cupcakes at home on the counter. If they had been regular cupcakes I would have been fine since I am allergic to wheat but I have been fighting them all week and they won unfortunately on Thursday. I think that put me into a carb tailspin and I ate way too much yesterday so no under sodium for me and I didn't get any activity in except the crunches and some leg lifts and pilates I do every morning for my hip. So only 20 pts for me, sorry guys. :(
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Saturday
    Nutrition - Under CARBS
    Exercise - 50 Lateral Lunges (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=23)

We also need to pick our rest day so i can tell Jen.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    It's ok, Amy...everyone is entitled to a bad day (or week, as was my case)...just get right back on track and keep working out like the rockstar you have been!

EDIT to add: Oh yeah, I'm cool with tomorrow still being our rest day, not that I'm going to rest. I would love if next Friday could be our day for next week, since that is move-in day for my girls, and I wouldn't even know how to calculate the moving of their stuff, setting up the rooms, nor how I'm going to keep track of what I'm eating. I will definitely still get my water, though! Anyway, it's whatever the team decides. :-)
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I think Karen is the same way she exercises even on the off day so should be good. Rosemiller11 should be back home on Monday so I think Sunday off is good this week. I haven't heard from Ollie so I think Sunday this week then Friday next week is good. I will let Jen know.

Stats for yesterday:
    k2quiere - 75
    cklbrown- 65
    AmyNVegas-20
    Biggo- No check-in
    Rosemiller11- no check-in

Team total- 160
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Thanks for the Friday off. Today was a semi-rest day as I only did cardio: 20 minutes walking (bumped up speed and incline) and 20 minutes bike (trying to bump up resistance). Also, under carbs and 50 lunges (my knees are not happy with me).

Total: 35pts

I posted this on another thread, but I wanted to share it with my team too. I had created an 11lb weight-loss goal for myself for August. I will probably meet that goal come Monday, so I am adding another 10 lbs just to have something to continue to work towards. I have already come to terms with the fact that I probably will not make that second goal, but it feels SO GOOD to need to make a second goal for the month!!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    YAY!!!! K2quiere! You are doing so well.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Today I did 50 lateral lunges, I jogged 6 miles (60 minutes), 19 weights, 13 calisthenics (total 92 minutes). I was not under carbs, sorry team :( Choose any rest day that works . I do something everyday.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Reminder that today is rest day so we can get credit for cups of water and nutrition challenges but not exercise. Next week Friday will be rest day.

Stats for yesterday-
    k2quiere- 35pts
    cklbrown-50pts
    amynvegas-35
    biggo-no check in
    rosemiller11-no check in

Team total-120
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Did We lose Biggo???

Already on 8 glasses...got a late start this morning, but I'll at least double that!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I haven't heard from him in 2 days, he is not responding to PM's either. Am I that much of a slave driver that I keep driving ppl off? :laugh: Rosemiller11 should be back strong tomorrow since she will be back home then.

I am up to 9 and will get another 10 or so in before bed. I sent everyone a PM reminding them to send me numbers for water and if they stayed under cals so hope we can get our points this week for water at least.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I was so close to making it under sodium again today, but alas 200+ over. Oh well, time to try again tomorrow for that...I WILL get this sodium in check.

As for today: 16 glasses of water and under calories

Total: 165pts
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Well team looks like we are down to 3 unless Jen can pull a few rabbits out of her hat. Biggo (Ollie) has not checked in or answered my PM's for 3 days and I know he has been on MFP because he has completed his diary and posted things just not to us. Rosemiller11 sent me a PM saying she would have limited internet access so to be fair to us would drop from the competition. So I guess we are 3 for now. At least we have 3 really good members you are awesome! We made the 525 points for water and nutrition challenges yesterday with just the 3 of us! :drinker:

k2quiere- 165
    cklbrown- 145
    AmyNVegas- 215

total: 525 :drinker:

So here are today's challenges:

Monday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 woodchops (You can use a handweight or no weight on this if you so choose - it all depends on your own level of ability http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=466)
  • cklbrown
    Options
    Uh oh I'm feeling the pressure now. We can do it!
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Uh oh I'm feeling the pressure now. We can do it!

No doubt...pressure's on for us.

Check-in for today: 40 minutes on the bike, 60 minutes cleaning my office and moving furniture and boxes around, 20 minutes weight machines, 5 minutes elliptical, 5 minutes walking, under sodium, and about to do the woodchops right NOW!

Total: 75pts
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Woohoo!!! K2quiere you were on fire today!:drinker:

Mine was 20 min on treadmill, 20 min on elliptical, 30 min weight lifting at cardio rate, 10 min calisthenics(woodchucks, crunches, leg lifts, etc.) I also stayed under sodium by a little but hey a little counts!:laugh: So my points are 55.
  • cklbrown
    Options
    Ok so I know I was the one who said we can do it, but I am over on sodium today. I am almost never over on sodium. Why today? I did complete the 50 wood chops. I jogged 9 miles (90 minutes) and lifted weights a wimpy 16 minutes, so that's 106 minutes total. I will be under carbs tomorrow if it kills me (and it may that is the hardest one for me!) :)
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Karen- you are doing great sodium is only 5 points you did the bigger ones!:drinker: 60pts!

So our total for today is: 190 :drinker: Not bad at all for only 3 people we rock!:drinker:

I hope to hear from Ollie by tomorrow. I will let you know I told Jen I hope he stays but I need for him to check in and let us know he's still with us. Maybe we could all send him PM's to encourage him. I hope he wasn't intimidated by our high daily totals we will take anything he can do. Even if it's one challenge a day:flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Exercise - 100 Lying Abduction (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=149

Yay, love these challenges I do these both daily anyway easy day for me!:drinker: Just have to add more lying abduction than usual. This is one of the exercises I have done for years and then the physical therapist told me to do them last summer to strengthen the muscles around my hip. I told him I had been doing those exercises already so obviously they wouldn't fix my hip and turned out PT was a pretty useless waste of money since it was a frayed hip joint, but since it was not a tear they cannot fix it.:frown: My Primal diet really helps though. It's tender but nowhere near the pain I used to have.:drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    We have one new member her username is Redladystl, please add her as a friend and welcome her to the team!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

I did 40 minutes activity today plus the side lifts and stayed under carbs so that is 35pts for me today.
  • cklbrown
    Options
    I was under carbs by 1, yes just 1 but I was under! I did the lying abduction. I jogged 70 minutes (7 miles), 30 minutes weights, 40 minutes calisthenics (i did 270 crunches for another challenge!) That's a total of 140 minutes exercising.

Amy be careful not to overdo it!