A Lot to Lose Challenge "B-LOSE-ING IT"(team closed)

Options

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Here is the Week 2 A Lot to Lose Challenge thread for the whole group.:flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/308959-lots-to-lose-challenge-week-2
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    So for Thursday I had 6 bike + 1 aerobic miles so 7 miles, crunches, and stayed under calories. 85 pts total :bigsmile:

K2quiere- 85 pts :drinker: I am glad the crunches/ab workouts are getting easier see I told you abs recover and grow stronger very quickly. The trainer at Planet Fitness told me that he said don't be afraid to work them hard and the soreness will go away faster and faster as you keep working them. He was right.:smile:

Rosemiller11- yay!! that's 10 pts for you:drinker:

I will post the new challenges here for next week they start tomorrow.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    COPIED FROM THE WHOLE GROUP WEEK 2 THREAD POSTED BY JEN:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thank you everyone for your input on last week's challenge. I'm glad to hear that you've all been pushing yourselves harder and are excited about the challenge. Everyone is doing great!!!

In case anyone needs it - the spreadsheet that shows the teams' progress is here:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArutZf2a6Ry5dEFsN0ZFOENrd3hjWEJJTHdUVkxxaHc&hl=en_US#

^^^^There are different tabs at the bottom of the screen. One for the over progress, one that just lists the players and team names and one that shows the challenges for the week.

Based on the input I received, I'm going to change how we calculate the bulk of our points. I'm going to make this purely a time spent effort. For every 20 minutes of cardio that you do - WHATEVER IT IS - you will earn 10 points. I think this should solve all of the issues that we've encountered regarding distance discrepancies. NOTICE: This change does not take affect until tomorrow - so any points earned today will still go by the same point calculations as we've been doing all week.

Exercise & nutrition challenge points will remain the same - 10 points for the exercise challenge & 5 points for the nutrition challenge.

I also heard the requests to focus on different muscle groups. So, for this week, I've changed it up. No two days in a row will work the same group, giving you a chance to recuperate.

Finally, taking the lead from another challenge that I participate in, I'm going to implement a REST day. Each team will choose what day they will be resting. This means that none of your workouts for that day will count toward points. Instead - on that day - your team will earn points by drinking water. Each cup of water that your team reports for the day will be worth 10 points, up to a team max of 500 points (or 50 cups). The nutrition challenge for that day will also be up for grabs, but not the exercise challenge. So, on whichever day your TEAM chooses as rest day, you have the potential of earning 525 points. Pretty big bump!!!

Last thing to mention! I've decided that there will be a bonus for the winning team each week. The prize will be ONE five point bonus. So, for the team that wins this week, if they have a day next week where they did REALLY poorly, they will have the opportunity to use their winning bonus and tack on 5 extra points.

And now that I got all of THAT out of the way!!! Here are the mini challenges for the upcoming week. Good luck everyone!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

::::Week 2 Challenges::::
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Calories
    Exercise - 25 pushups (modified is fine - http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=36)

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 oblique crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=4)

Sunday
    Nutrition - Under CARBS
    Exercise - 100 calf raises (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=1230)

Monday
    Nutrition - Under Calories
    Exercise - 50 Dumbell Flys (if you don't have weights, try to make a weight out of something else....Water bottles, soup cans, shampoo bottles? :-) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=155)

Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 reverse crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=8)

Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Exercise - 50 forward lunges (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=22)

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories
    Exercise - 50 dumbell pullovers (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=182)
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Wow Jen is a true miracle worker this weeks changes were so well thought out she is fantastic!:drinker: I really like the changes.

So as you can see we need to pick a day of rest as a team so you can either give me your vote here or you can PM me in a sort of private vote if you prefer. My suggestion would be Sunday just because I already pretty much take that day off of exercise and especially once school is back in session I will be spending 2-3 hours in the kitchen that day to prep and cook food for the week. I chop and cook and dish up all the food for the week in Glad bowls so my sis and I can just grab and go or grab and warm for meals and we stay on track better that way and go out usually once a week as a treat. Keeps me on track so well; I am tired after a day of cooking but I then have time to exercise and do what I need to do in the evenings during the week and I am not tempted to just eat anything since the good stuff is already fixed. Let me know what your vote is. If we have any ties I will bring it back for a re-vote.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Sunday's good for me...I dont have a preference.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    ok so we just need 3 more votes :bigsmile:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I don't take a day off, so Sunday is fine as is any day.
    Today I jogged 6 miles, did 25 minutes calisthenics, 60 crunches, 94 oz of water(cant remember if you need this info) and stayed under calories
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Thanks Karen! I only need water on water challenge days but that's ok better too much info than not enough.
    So your total for today was 85 pts :drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Ok the workout in the ME Diet book is a killer my thighs front and back are sooooo sore today. I am not this sore after a full body weight training session at the gym! So it must be working right?:laugh: Not a lot of soreness in my arms though so I think I need heavier weights. The workout consists of choosing 4 exercises and each exercise involves a squat and an upper body hand weight activity. There are 4 groups of exercises that address different body areas you choose 1 from each group then you do 12 reps of each in a circuit and do as many sets as you can in 20 minutes with a warm up and stretch before and after. You do this 3 days a week and then 30-60 minutes of walking or like activity every day. So I did 35 min on the bike in addition to the 25 minute workout. It is pretty intense. You rest when you have too and as long as you need to during the 20 minutes so that brings your heart rate back down and causes an interval training effect. So today will be a 60 minute of other activity day since I did the workout yesterday. The diet is basically what I was already doing- proteins, vegetables, and fruits. They give you a test to determine what type of burner you are , sugar (me), muscle, or mixed then the diet is tailored to your burn type. The less you use sugar as a primary source for burn, the more starch you can have each meal. Since i am a sugar burner I can only have up to 5 bites of starch per meal. I do not even have that much I eat none each meal. Then one meal a week you eat a reward meal which allows you whatever you want to reset your metabolism. I am pretty much already doing the diet part. So the exercise was what interested me most.

:flowerforyou: We need a team motto and I have someone working on an image for us. Any suggestions for the motto?:flowerforyou:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Have u ever been so tired, u've talked urself out of taking a shower for fear u might fall out? Anyway, I can't think right now to come up with a motto, but I wanted to check-in.

Too tired to attempt push ups (this time only, promise), under calories, over 1000 burned during one hour of swimming.

According to new calculations, should be 35. That feels so low for the amount of work I've done, but so be it.

Night blue team!
  • cklbrown
    Options
    I stayed under calorie (more than I should have) walked 5 miles (60 minutes) and did 30 push ups
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Okay I am getting tired of making posts then go to page not found and have to retype everything again ugh! Hopefully Mike will get the bugs worked out soon. :grumble: I know it is free and I shouldn't complain but it frustrates me.

Ok so I didn't stay under cals went out for a Mexican combo last night for my treat meal and I did the push ups (modified of course) and I walked for 25 minutes so my total is 20. I will do better today, not sure about under sodium though but I will make it up in exercise.

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 oblique crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=4)

Remember tomorrow is rest day so no exercise will count for us tomorrow so try to get a good amount today and either go light or rest tomorrow. We can pick a different rest day each week we just have to decide as a team and let Jen know what it is.

Any help with the motto???
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Team total for Friday was 135.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Also don't forget to keep up with the number of cups of water you drink tomorrow. We can earn up to 500 points (50 cups) for water as a team. We can earn points for the nutrition challenge tomorrow too which is under carbs. But no exercise challenge. We could really use the 525 points so drink up tomorrow.:bigsmile:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    How about "working our way DOWN!"
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I like that!!! "B-LOSE-ING IT... Working our way DOWN!" I will get it to the member who is helping make our image and see what she comes up with.:flowerforyou:

I did 60 minutes on the bike and since I wasn't going for miles I did it at a higher level to really work my legs. I also did 20 minutes of push ups, crunches, and oblique crunches, leg lifts side and front, back leg raises lying, and calf raises. Then I did some arm work with an elephant statue to work my triceps, biceps, pecs, and upper back since all my hand weights are too light to really work out with (only 2lbs) hey you have to use what you have!:laugh: I collect elephants so I have this heavy soapstone statue on my dresser worked like a charm. Then I did 5 minutes of stretching and gave myself a big hug and told me how much I was proud of me and every other good thing I can think of since my August goal is to be my own friend instead of my own worse enemy. I don't think I realized how critical and mean I was to myself. My poor inner child wanted to run away I am sure!:noway:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I think that sometimes that negative self-talk is worse than anything anyone else could say to us. I know I have the hardest time accepting compliments because I just don't see what they see. I'm trying to get better about that.

So far today, I have worked out for an hour (walked 25 minutes, biked 20 minutes, and did the weight machine circuit for 15 minutes). Would have been longer, but I got this weird pain in my side while riding the bike that made me quit early. Not so sure about what my sodium's gonna look like; whodathunk that a 6-inch sub at subway would be so high in sodium...it's not like they put any meat on it really. I'm about to go do the oblique crunches as soon as I get off of here and then shower. I'll give my final total later tonight.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I'm absolutely amazed at myself...I actually stayed under sodium :drinker: So, 60 minute workout, under sodium, and 50 oblique crunches in for today.

Total: 45 pts

I just have to say that while it will be hard to not workout tomorrow, I am glad for a rest day...I think I need one. This is the first week where I have worked out for 7 days straight, and while my mind says keep it going, my body is tired.
  • cklbrown
    Options
    I stayed under sodium. I exercised 94 minutes- 47 minute jog (4+ miles), 12 minute walk (1 mile) and 35 weights plus 50 oblique crunches
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Holy cow! I stayed under sodium amazing!:laugh: I really looked at sodium contents today and chose some things over others for a lower sodium count. After the Chevy's dinner last night that was probably a good thing. So that is 55 points for me for Saturday.:bigsmile:

Karen- 55pts! :drinker:

K2quiere- 45pts :drinker:

Rosemiller11- 10pts :drinker:

Just need clala82's totals and I can give you the team total.:flowerforyou:

Kinda is working on our team image then I will share it with you all for your signature.