A Lot to Lose Challenge "B-LOSE-ING IT"(team closed)

Options

Replies

• cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Hey all I am very excited to join, but I don't know what is a windshield wiper. From the posts I read, it sounds hard!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Karen here is the link for the windshield wipers. I heard the same need to try them today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Ok I have just done something I rarely do when it comes to fitness, I amazed myself! I was doing my usual half hour 6miles on the bike and when I got to the end thought "I can do 45 I think" and kept going then 45 came and I was "Wonder if I can do an hour?" and I did! I did a whole hour on the recumbent bike and the first half hour was on the big hill program so the resistance went as high as it goes at the top of each of the 4 hills and then comes back down then back up. When the hour was done I had done 11 miles! Holy Cow! So that inspired me to try the windshield wipers and I could actually do them.:noway: I had to break them into sets of 10-14 (14 was the most I could get to in one set whew they are hard) but I got all 50 in! Woohoo!:drinker: I had no pain in my hip while doing them although I thought my abs would never un-clench afterwards (but they did:laugh: ) I hope that makes up for the fact that I will probably not be under sodium today or any day for that matter. I will try to make up the points for the team through exercise though. So this taught me a lesson- Never say I cannot do something until I have actually tried it.:flowerforyou:
    Go team!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job, Amy! I actually won for the week in one of my challenges, so I got to make up the mini-goal and it was to start with 25 crunches a day and add 5 each day for the week, working up to 50 because I know this is my weakness, and I wanted to work on it. Haha...any excuse right??

I, too, have to break up the windshield wipers into groups of 10-14 to make it through...they're not necessarily hard, but they definitely work the abs. I also found those woodchops to be the same way...crazy on the abs and obliques, although they looked so easy on the video.

I need to get motivated to go back to the gym. My body hurts too much to do my normal routine, so I wanted to get in the pool, but when I got there, they were having swim team practice and children's swimming lessons. I normally refuse to leave the house once I've gotten home and comfortable, but I also want to get some mileage in for today, since I have done no walking or riding today.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    That's why I love having the bike at home, no need to leave the house. I go to the gym 3 days a week for weight lifting so I do my bike or elliptical there when I go but the other days I can just ride in my room with a good book.:laugh: Some days I just don't feel like leaving the house so it makes it easier. My worry is keeping up the exercise pace once I go back to school in August. I know the first week I'll be wiped out but the exercise really helps with stress so I have to do it.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    That is my biggest temptation this week is to not workout with the excuse that this is my first week back to work, and I should just rest afterwards. I did, however, get my lazy butt out of the house and get in the pool, which, honestly, made the rest of my body feel so much better...all the pain is gone!

So, I don't have the endurance to swim too far, but with everything today, I got in one mile, drank 16 glasses of water (so far) and am about to finish up the windshield wipers.

Total for today: 25 :-( but better than what it would have been had I just stayed home.
  • cklbrown
    Options
    I jogged 6 miles today. I drank 116 oz of water. I did 50 windshield wipers. I don't think I liked them. Am I missing anything?
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Karen that's perfect so your total is-75 :drinker:

Mine was 11 miles on the bike, drank a gazillion cups of water, and did the windshield wipers so-125 is my total.

k2quiere - 25

So I will get you guys a total once I get the other mileage and such from check-ins.

Wouldn't you know the day we are not doing a sodium challenge I am way under sodium!:laugh:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    We can add clala82's 5 points for water yesterday so our total was 230 for Tuesday!:drinker:

rosemiller11- is on vacation visiting her sis. I told her to have fun and enjoy her time. She will be back in full swing when she gets back.:bigsmile:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Well ladies, I missed out on 5 points today, as my well laid plans for staying under sodium were waylaid by a colleague who had to stop for lunch (with me in the car) at McAlister's. I thought I was getting something good in the chicken salad sandwich, but little did I know.

9.5 miles on exercise bike
    .5 miles walked during warm-up and cool-down
    50 woodchops

Today's Total: 110

On another note: I got some very nice looks from a couple of very nice-looking men on my way in the gym (in my work clothes, not workout clothes). It's been a long time since that's happened without alcohol. I don't think the few pounds is noticeable, but I am willing to bet the confidence is...I feel so much better at the beginning of this month than I did at the beginning of last month. Just thought I'd share :-)
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bumping to keep it in my thread! :)
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    k2quiere- congrats on the looks! And great job on the miles!

I did 2 miles in activity today I went for a walk with my BIL's dog. I dog sat while they went to immigration this morning for their appt He is from Israel and when they got married he had to change his status so they had the prelim appt this morning. It was nice to have company on the walk he is a very well trained big white lab, and only pulled me a little, Wed is trash day so there was trash on all the sidewalks so he wanted to go to all the piles and investigate but I wouldn't let him. We went around the block the first walk then around the whole neighborhood the second walk and he helped me get the mail. Never thought I'd want a dog and I know my busy schedule would not be fair to one but it was fun while it lasted. For the other part I did a workout at home that I found in the ME diet book, it was intense and I worked the woodchucks into it so I was able to do double duty. But alas the self prophesy was fulfilled I did go over sodium. Who would have thought chicken breast would have so much sodium and it says all natural from TJ's guess I need to look at the sodium better when buying frozen chicken. So that puts my total at 30 for today. I'm back at the gym tomorrow so more miles tomorrow.
  • cklbrown
    Options
    I was under sodium today. I did 50 woodchops, walked 5 miles, lifted weights for 25 minutes and did 20 minutes of calisthenics.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Okay so we need a strong finish to week 1 ladies here are the challenges:
    Thursday
    Nutrition - Under Calories
    Exercise - 50 crunches

And of course as many miles as you can do! :bigsmile:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Wednesday totals were:

k2quiere- 110 :drinker:
    cklbrown- 85 :drinker:
    amynvegas- 30

For a team total of : 225 Great job ladies!
  • clala82
    clala82 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm on it today! I'm tracking and I WILL stay within my calories. Going to hop on the treadmill tonight, too!
  • clala82
    clala82 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    On another note: I got some very nice looks from a couple of very nice-looking men on my way in the gym (in my work clothes, not workout clothes). It's been a long time since that's happened without alcohol. I don't think the few pounds is noticeable, but I am willing to bet the confidence is...I feel so much better at the beginning of this month than I did at the beginning of last month. Just thought I'd share :-)

Congrats on getting checked out! That confidence will just continue to shine through! Go girl. *snaps*
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Okay so we need a strong finish to week 1 ladies here are the challenges:
    Thursday
    Nutrition - Under Calories
    Exercise - 50 crunches

And of course as many miles as you can do! :bigsmile:

No problem...so long as I get to the gym, I will be way under calories. And I still have a love/hate relationships with the crunches :explode:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Hello team! Stats for today: Under calories, 50 crunches (and they were easy today...yay!!!), and 6.5 miles biked with .5 miles walked.

Total: 85
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    1 mile today...