A Lot to Lose Challenge "B-LOSE-ING IT"(team closed)

Options

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Clala82 checked in with 30 pts for Saturday for a total of 195 for the team!:drinker: Way to go ladies! Remember the points started over on Friday so we have a shot at winning the week. If you have friends that are interested in joining the challenge please send their usernames to Jen, she needs some ppl to replace some drop outs some teams are down a person.

Drink up ladies and keep your carbs under we have a possible 525 points to win today for 50 cups water as a team and all staying under carbs. So if you are going to go over calories eat a steak!:laugh: JK!:flowerforyou:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hey Amy...you buy the steak and I'll gladly eat it...lol
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Got one in the fridge you can have I can't eat it due to beef allergies...oh wait my sis may not like me giving away her steak!:laugh: I am having chicken and green beans instead. Not sure what I am doing with the chicken yet but the green beans are done. Fixed them up southern style.:bigsmile: I might do some mashed cauliflower, too not sure yet. I have had 10 cups of water already and will probably have another 10 or so before bed. So that will be at least 20 for me.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Lol...maybe if you weren't so far away, I would come get it, just to see her reaction :wink: I am working on 8 glasses right now, and will do at least another 4 before bed tonight. I'm very picky about green beans. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I only like them from a can (whether they are sodium added or not), and I DON'T like them at all with anything in them. Whenever I go somewhere and they serve fresh ones or southern style ones, I get mad because I love green beans, but only directly out of the can.:embarassed:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I love green beans any way but almondine since I am allergic to almonds. I like my cooked well too. I love canned green beans, I think they are the best quick side veggie pop them in a bowl and in the microwave and they are done. I like them with a little Nature's seasoning.

I did 21 cups so far and I will drink another 2 with my vitamins and fiber before I go to bed so I have about 23 or so cups for today. I stayed under my carbs with 39 out of 40 gms I was cutting it close. (I reset my percentages to 10% carbs). Take off the fiber and it was 28gm effective carbs. So I am complete for the day.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I have not pressed the button yet because I may have company over for a couple of beers, but I will still be under calories and carbs, and I will have drunk 12 glasses of water.

So total: 125pts
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    :drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    K2quiere- Guess we're the only 2 that drank any water or stayed below carbs I didn't hear from anyone else for Sunday.:frown:

So 125 for you and 235 for me.360 total.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Today's Challenges:

10 points for every 20 minutes of activity and:

Monday
    Nutrition - Under Calories
    Exercise - 50 Dumbell Flys (if you don't have weights, try to make a weight out of something else....Water bottles, soup cans, shampoo bottles? :-) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=155)
  • clala82
    clala82 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Happy Monday!

So far, so good for me. I'm staying on track eating wise, and I'm drinking lots. Going to get those dumbbell flies in after work.

I created a team image using that picnik site someone suggested on the other thread, but I don't understand how to get it to appear in my signature. Do any of you? I was able to change it to my ticker image, but I can't figure out how to upload the entire image. Arg! :huh:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    The only think I can think of, if you made it as a photo image is that you might have to put [ img] and [ /img] (without the spaces) around it in your signature. That's how people are posting photos on the forums themselves.

As for me today, I'm glad today is not sodium day, and I hope tomorrow isn't either :blushing:

I'm under calories, did the dumbbell flies and did 80 minutes of exercise.

Total: 55pts

btw: What is our rest day this week? Are we sticking with Sunday?
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me k2quiere, what day do we want this week. It really doesn't matter to me any day is good. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical then 30 or so minutes of weightlifting at aerobic intensity with squats. I stayed under calories and did the 50 dumbbell flies as part of my weightlifting. I even did them in a squat ugh my thighs will be sore tomorrow.:laugh: The best part is as long as I keep the grain and sugar out of my diet my knees can manage the squats well. 45pts

Clala82- I am not sure how to get it to post but I know others have one so maybe post the question on the A lot to Lose Week 2 thread. Kinda from there is who is working on a team image for us with our new motto, she would most likely know.

I am trying the Dukan Diet and add all protein except his oat bran pancake thing. I was craving carbs like you wouldn't believe until I ate the little pancake thing. It hit the spot. I am trying it to see if the oat bran will cause any inflammation I hope not but if it does I will have to cut it. I am starting right into phase 2, I can't do more than one day at a time of all protein. So it is alternating days all protein(except the oat bran pancake) and then protein and veggies the other days but I am adding a little fruit, too. So I am doing it modified with the fruit(cantaloupe).

Next: I was avoiding this message because I really do not want to upset anyone, but we are a team so here goes- the other thing I need is some of you are not reporting numbers to me each night. I have to get them to Jen and she is getting them late since I have to PM some members to get numbers. You can either post in here like some of you have been really good about doing or you need to send me a PM with your numbers but I need it before you go to bed each night or at least really early in the morning. Yesterday I only knew water for myself and k2quiere so we didn't get our full points for water which would have given us 500 points. Jen wants me to pass on that she has at least one person on the waiting list and if this challenge is something you don't think you can keep up with right now please let me know so we can get you switched out. I don't want anyone to feel like they are obligated to stay on the team if they cannot keep up with everything, we understand you have things other than this challenge in your life and I think some are also doing other challenges as well. I just wanted to throw that out there. Of course we would love for everyone to stay but the point of the challenge is to push yourself to do more and your team needs your best effort. Okay team captain hat off.:wink:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about yesterday. I posted my info on a totally unrelated thread. (dont I look foolish!) Here's yesterday: 100 calf raises and 116 oz of water. I was over carbs by 14 :( I'm sorry. I walked 5 miles (60 minutes), 20 minutes calisthenics and 15 minutes weights.
    Today I was under calories, I did 50 dumbell flies, jogged 6 miles (60 minutes) and did 35 minutes with weights. Again I am sorry about yesterday. I appreciate all you do for this
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    okay folks, I am briefly reporting in here. Still on vacay with my sis, but wanted to let you know that on next monday I will be back in full swing! YAY!!! :) Also, I think I lost 4 lbs while here with my sis! Not sure, cuz altho I think her scales are the same as mine, I don't want to trust it till I use my own scales. I will log it in on sunday. :) so happy bout that!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Okay so here were our totals for yesterday:

K2quiere- 55pts
    cklbrown- 45pts
    amynvegas-45pts
    rosemiller11- 10pts
    clala82- no check-in

total for team-155 :drinker:

Karen- thanks for your Sunday water total Jen is adding for us so our Sunday total is now 470 out of the 525 possible. Thanks!:drinker:

Team- Which rest day do we want for next week? The new week will start Friday so any day after that.:flowerforyou:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I'm still good with any day. Until a holiday or something major coming up, I'm down for whatever day. Im gonna get some points today, but not as many as usual because there is a lot going on, and tomorrow may be worse, but I'm gonna try to contribute something.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Just do what you can k2quiere.:flowerforyou: Your 80 minutes yesterday was beast level!:laugh: You deserve a little slow down.:bigsmile:

Rosemiller11- wow 4 pounds:noway: that's fantastic and while on vacation !!!!:drinker: I always seem to gain when away from home. I usually get it back off quickly but it is still there when I get home.:laugh:

I did 60 min on the bike today still working on reverse crunches they are pretty hard have to do them a few at a time with my hip. It's the leg raise part that gets me. I will let you all know about sodium not sure what dinner's going to be yet.:wink:

Clala82 is dropping from the challenge- checking in and keeping up was just more than she has time for right now so Jen is finding a replacement for her for the team. I told her she was welcome to still come hang out with us for support and participate as an honorary member if she wants to.:bigsmile:
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Awww...sorry to lose a team member. I completely understand about life coming first.

Thanks for permission to slack, Amy. I'm gonna go ahead and check in now, since I'm not sure what time I'll be back tonight or how tired I'll be.

15 minutes on bike, 15 minutes on treadmill, 15 minutes of weight machine circuit = 45 minutes
    Reverse crunches (which are a KILLER!!! It was like starting all over again with the regular crunches last week).
    I have no doubt I will be OVER sodium after dinner at a Japanese Restaurant.

Total: 30pts
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Today I was under sodium. I did 50 reverse crunches. I walked 67 minutes (5 miles), I lifted weights 40 minutes and did 20 minutes of calisthenics
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Good news we have a new member he is Biggo3175 please add him to your friends. Yep you read right we have a guy on our team!:drinker: Welcome Biggo3175!:flowerforyou:

K2quiere that is a great total!:drinker:

Okay so I ended with 60 min of exercise and stayed under sodium but never finished the reverse crunches :frown: sorry team. My hip was killing me by the second set so I do not think those are a challenge I can do. I will nail the one tomorrow though! So my points are 35 for today.

Karen wow girl you were the exercise beast today!:drinker: 75pts!!!!!!:drinker:

Kinda finished our image and I uploaded it to photobucket but I can't get it to post. I did the before and after did I do something wrong or not enough?  Help!:laugh: