**!!** TEAM WITHERING A WEIGH -- AUGUST CHALLENGE WK 1 **!!

Options

Replies

• skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    My name is Stephanie and I turned 30 in May. After years of yo-yo dieting (anywhere from 203 - 143), I decided that I wanted to start off my 30's the way I wanted to go on with the rest of my life. HEALTHY!
    I joined MFP in April of this year, and I'm already down 30 pounds.
    My goal for August is to lose 8 pounds.
    I currently do Turbo Fire 6 days a week, but that program will be over before the month of August is out, so this challenge is great to keep me motivated.

One stupid question... Our challenges will run Monday to Sunday, right?
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Hello, I'm Amy, a SAHM of 2. I have a boy and girl 16 months apart, so obviously I didn't let my poor body rest between pregnancies! Now my baby is almost two and I am finally trying to whip my body back to pre-pregnancy shape before we go for baby #3 sometime next year. I am 27 and have never exercised consistently until January of 2010, when I joined a Baby Boot Camp group. Baby Boot Camp is circuit training with a stroller! It's really intense, and I love it. I have been doing it for 18 months, consistently, which I'm very proud of! I finally got serious about losing the last 20 pounds of baby weight in January of this year, and have lost 11 pounds since January 31st (7 since joining MFP). Even more exciting, I have lost 5 inches in my waist and gotten some muscle tone! I am going on a mini-cation with my husband in mid September and would like to lose more by then. My goal for August is 4 pounds and I think it's going to be really hard! I am weighing in on Monday for my starting weight. I am also going to be doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred in August so we'll see how it goes.. my preview of it this week was really intense! So excited to do this challenge and encourage each other! Good luck everyone!
  • Bounre
    Bounre Posts: 10
    Options
    YAY I made the team. I'm Ashley and a late add. I'm 26 and started MFP last week to use my family, Amy above is my cousin, as motivation. I started working out for the first time one year ago but dropped the ball when my workout partner moved to a new gym. I started walking again but am super excited to change things up. Sadly I have zero imagination when it comes to workouts. It's great to have someone to check in with again! My goal for August is 5 lbs. Good Luck Everyone!
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    One more day in July and then a weigh we go.... withering a way. Today I visited our local farmers market and found beautiful dark green, young fresh tender Kale. I looked up green smoothies and found one, I added Nectar protein to the kale and fresh peaches, and wowzer... it was delicious! I have tried Kale so many ways cooked and never made them a second time. The green smoothie is for me.

For those of you that check food diaries, I will be consistently under based on the plan from my nutritionist and needs of a post bariatric surgery patient.

Tuesday this week, I will do a resting metabolic calorie point. This will give me an idea of my metabolism 9 months after surgery and how much I should be eating calorie wise.

Last week I did my cardio point testing to determine my best fat burning exercise point, and my AT at where I no longer am burning fat when exercising. Yes you can exercise too hard and not burn any fat in the process.
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi Kelly-
    Would you mind posting the recipe for the green smoothie? My husband and I over the past few weeks have drinking protein fruit smoothies like they are going out of style. I would be nice to have another flavor smoothie to try.
  • LiveLaughLose♥
    Options
    Hi teammates! I'm Jenny, 20 years old and a junior in college. I gained a bunch of weight my freshman year, and have been trying to lose it for over a year. I've tried all sorts of extreme, low calorie diets but they always ended up in overeating and gaining all the weight back. I'm finally realizing that the only thing that is going to work is a healthy lifestyle change. I'm so excited to start this challenge and get to know you all better!

I will weigh in tomorrow for my SW, but my goal is to lose 5 lbs in August. Good luck everyone, we can do this!
  • MissWangle
    MissWangle Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello we have set up a facebook group so we can monitor the privacy controls and everyone can interact a lot easier!!! :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/171582056248668/

If you just follow the link below or search **AUGUST CHALLENGE** TEAM WITHERING A WEIGH

XXxxXX
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry I am late posting, but I was out of town. I am looking forward to this challenge. My goal for August is 5# and since school starts this month, it will be a challenge!

I am mom (to two adhd kiddos), wife, teacher, parenting author, etc, etc. I look forward to interacting with you all!

Also - will you be posting the daily challenges each day or should we just report back to the post earlier?

As for challenges, I like the idea of doing squats, calf raises, push ups, etc for strength. Nutrition could include getting enough fruits and veggies and things like that.

Thanks again - I know it's tough to be the group leader!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    LADIES and GENT!!!! ARE YOU READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????

Tomorrow... in addition to your regularly scheduled workouts, and staying under cals, and drinking all your water... you need to do...

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks!

I saw the post from faye_daisy about the - eh-hem - chesticle issues (LOL). Cover your ears Gary.... OK - as a G cup - I completely feel your pain Gladys and we CAN do modified jumping jacks. The key is that we DO them. I will try to do 50 full and 50 mod. If you aren't sure about modified style... google or youtube it. If you don't find something - please let me know.

Now team - what I need from you TONIGHT or TOMORROW MORNING (if I don't have it already)...

YOUR STARTING WEIGHT
    YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOAL FOR THE MONTH
    YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS
    and
    TOMORROW I NEED YOU TO KICK THE CRAP OUT OF AUGUST!!!

We WILL ALL WIN!!!

There has been another suggestion made... for those who wish to participate... take a BEFORE PIC and send it to me via e-mail (juleseybaby@gmail.com). Then - when the challenge is over and we have KICKED THE CRAP OUT OF AUGUST - take another pic and send it to me. I will get them to Gary - he will compile and put together a slide show type post so that we can vote on the top 10 to find the BEST OVERALL TRANSFORMATION.

Special thanks to MISSWANGLE for setting up a facebook group!! I have been so swamped all weekend (I am sure you saw my HORRIBLE dinner and LUNCH diary entries... hubby's 40th b-day party weekend :drinker: ) and she graciously agreed to help out with that part.

I am so happy to be a part of this team. I will do my best to keep it all together and meet all the challenges.

LET'S DO THIS THANG!!! I am ready to be WITHERING A WEIGH!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Been on vacation AND my laptop is not doing so hot to boot! Yay! Don't care though!! Gonna kick the crap out of August with all of you wonderful people!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

STARTING WEIGHT - 207
    WEIGHT LOSS GOAL FOR THE MONTH - 7 pounds
    E-MAIL ADDRESS - susanleasings@gmail.com

I WILL be jogging in the morning and doing 100 jumping jacks tomorrow evening! BRING IT!!!!

P.S. I will post a bio soon....gotta get in bed so I can get up at the butt crack of dawn and go jogging!! Starting Bridge to 10K in the morning! Ahhh yeyah!!!
  • faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    Options
    I wear two bras during insanity I can do it just hate them lmao and I I will wipe them out with my workout :wink:
    my starting weight 225.6
    my goal I am going to change to 5
    I sent you my email chicka ~~
  • MissWangle
    Options
    Morning ladies! I have posted my weight on our facebook page but will post it here as well :)

Start weight - 201lbs
    Goal weight - 191lbs!
    Jasminhaigh@hotmail.co.uk

just about to take a picture! Urgh....Dreading it!!! :(
    xx
  • LouD76
    LouD76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good Morning girls and Gary :happy:

My name is Louisa... I'm from Durban (Hillcrest), South Africa... I'm always sort of behind (feels that way) with the posts, due to the time differences.. but promise I read them all..

It is really great "meeting" all of you awesome peeps.. Looking forward to kicking *kitten* (my own big *kitten* that is) in this August Challenge..

OK.. about me.. I'm 34 (35, September 12th), have a daughter, 9 year old.. married (2nd try) to my best friend Clayton.. (2 years come September 7th).. we knew each other 9 months when we got married.. and we just knew from day one that this was it.. :love:

When I met Clayton I was around 115kg (253lbs / 18stone) and today Monday (SW) I am on 122kg (268lbs / 19stone) .. I've tried just about everything and have been yo-yo-ing for the last ten years (more so the last two years) between 110kg (242lbs / 17stone) and 133kg (293lbs / 20stone).. 133kg being my biggest January 2011. I've gone down to 116kg just before the start of the winter, just to gain 6kg again. My hubby and use to do some kickboxing together (he trained me), but since the winter we have really been slack.

I joined MFP a while back, but have only used it consistently for the last 20 days.. I had a very bad week last week (gained a bit again) was down to 120.4kg and this morning I weighed in at 122kg ... :explode: very angry at myself.. I've had days where I either ate too much, or too little, and not enough water or none at all...

So instead of dwelling on this, I've decided to just put it behind me and focus on today, on August and succeeding in my weight loss..

My ideal weight for my height (1.63m / 5ft 3") is around 60-65kg (132-143lbs / 9-10stone). I'm big boned so going to far under 60kg will not look healthy..

I've always been a big girl, high school I just ballooned, and at the end of it I was 82kg (180lbs / 13stone), which looking back now, and comparing to how big I am today, was not all that bad. I lost a bit of the weight after school went down to around 68kg (149lbs / 11stone) and I felt great.. When I got married, we battled to fall pregnant, and I had to under go fertility treatment, hormone injections etc. Had my beautiful baby and then my ex left us, just after her fist birthday. I gained weight during the treatment, pregnancy and when he left I was at 110kg. In the last almost 10 years I've just not been able to get down under the 100kg mark... being an emotional eater, hating exercise has just not helped much. When I'm doing the exercise I am happy doing it, feel great, but it is the getting to do it that I battle with.

Wow, I've been rambling on for long enough now I think... :blushing:

I've send friend request to all of you here.. :flowerforyou: and promise to be supportive all the way.. here for anyone anytime..

STARTING WEIGHT: 122KG
    GOAL FOR AUGUST CHALLENGE: 5KG (11lbs) (I hope this is realistic)
    MY E-MAIL ADDRESS: dames.louisa@gmail.com (feel free to pop me a mail anytime any of you need urgent support)

I will take a "before" pic tonight to compare with "after" pic at end of August..

PS: I started the Wii Julian Michaels exercise challenge and will do that in addition to the weekly / daily challenges...

Here's to good health :drinker: (that will be a cup of coffee... love coffee)
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I don't believe I put all of this in here. :)

STARTING WEIGHT: 231.6 (As of this Morning)
    WEIGHT LOSS GOAL FOR THE MONTH: 222.5
    E-MAIL ADDRESS: Kitymarie@gmail.com

Ok... 100 Jumping Jacks... On top of the Gym... :huh: Whew.

I am totally going to sleep like a baby tonight!
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    All right party people. I decided to get my challenge out of the way first thing. I did my 100 jumping jacks right after completing my normal workout! Anyone else finished theirs yet?
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    :smile: YES - I NEED YOUR STARTING WEIGHT!!!! (I am missing that info from amsparky, amymoore728, Bounre, dk_runs, Gary1977, LiveLaughLose:heart: ,pugs4eyes, saypickles, ShannGall, skbruewer, teamkelly, and Xelisharose)

For posterity... my starting weight is 252.8. :grumble:

I will post a link to a youtube example of the up/downs prior to that challenge.

Facebook - I am not allowed to access FB during the day at work - so most of my communication will be via MFP Forum and mail or gmail. You all are welcome to go there and encourage each other. I will try to get on there in the evenings.

CHALLENGES can be done with modifications. (e.g. girly push ups, modified jumping jacks)

You can spread them out through the day. (20 after breakfast, 20 after lunch, 40 after workout, 20 before dinner)

Stephanie - yes - the challenges will run Monday to Sunday.

:smile: amsparky - I need your first name - and yes, I will post the challenges daily. (I also need a first name from pugs4eyes, ShannGall, and a confirmation from Xelisharose that Xelisha is your first name.)

:smile: I also need August weight loss goals from Gary1977, pugs4eyes, ShannGall, teamkelly, and Xelisharose.

I think I got everyone's questions... but they are kinda spread out... mail, status posts, etc. If you could please post all questions here so that everyone can see them (including me) - that would be awesome!!

POST HERE OR SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR DAILY CHALLENGE. I ALSO NEED TO KNOW IF YOU STAYED UNDER CALORIE GOAL AND DRANK 64 OZ OF WATER. (I know I can see this in your diaries - but it will be easier to find it here as opposed to in the status messages if I get behind.)

You are all doing GREAT so far!!
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    All right party people. I decided to get my challenge out of the way first thing. I did my 100 jumping jacks right after completing my normal workout! Anyone else finished theirs yet?

GO STEPHANIE!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • DLMcCutchen79
    DLMcCutchen79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for me as of today is 199.6

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks :bigsmile: Completed 113 jumping jacks taking about 2 minutes!!!
  • keeks8281
    Options
    My starting weight is 182.

I'm curious as to what ups/downs are!

We can do this, team!! :happy:
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.:smile: