Deleting friends

Options
SenoraMacias
SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
Do any of you ever delete friends on here? I'm considering deleting a few who hardly ever log in, aren't actively losing weight, and just generally are not supportive. What do you think? Is this mean?

Replies

• kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    A bit choosy, aren't we? Yes it's mean...Why does it matter if they aren't actively losing weight?
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    we're all adults .. atleast according to the website requirements. ;-) .. so no .. well atleast not in my book but maybe i'm just a cold hearted *****, who knows!
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't delete someone just because they aren't actively losing weight, but I have deleted a few here and there who haven't logged on in ages.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I go through about once a month and delete people who haven't logged on in 3 plus weeks. I keep everybody else.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Totally not! If you're looking for really motivated people to keep you on track, I don't see the big deal in choosing who is gonna help you through. If you're in it for just friends then who cares?
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's mean at all. You have to do what's going to motivate you. I delete friends here and facebook, because I don't had them for the purpose of numbers. If there is no interaction then I delete them. I do make exceptions if I know something is going on, or whatever, but if I know that then it means there has been communication.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I delete people who don't log in for over two weeks, but don't if there not loosing.
    I've got a few friends I could delete for being unsupportive but I've not done that either.

It's your 'friend' list do what you want! Chances are they won't realise and your not likely to meet them anyway!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Feel free to hit 'delete'.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think you should use MFP however it makes YOU feel comfortable. Delete away if you want, no hard feelings.
  • mariedingle
    Options
    I don't think it's mean at all. They obviously aren't really in to this and this is all about supporting and cheering our friends on. I doubt that they'll even notice if you delete them.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I go through about once a month and delete people who haven't logged on in 3 plus weeks. I keep everybody else.

I delete friends when they haven't logged on in a certain time frame for multiple times. I have also been know to delete a "friend" for NEVER eating over 1000 calories. These are my personal beliefs about finding commited people who want to make their life healthy. But I don't delete due to a person for not actively losing weight.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    One time I had a friend who didn't log in for a few weeks and it was bc she had a family emergency! And right as she's trying to get back on the wagon, she logs into MFP and all her friends have deleted her. I don't see the point of deleting. If they're not logging in, you don't have to comment on their stuff, there's nothing to comment on!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options

that's how i do it.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I delete people when they haven't logged in for over a week, attention seekers, whiners, people who aren't losing weight healthily when they requested me for support in recovery and seem to have no interest in actually recovering.

It's your friendslist, you can do with it what you please!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    This is a support website so that's what we're here to do and if you aren't doing your part then I give you up to 4days to interact with me. After that, you're done and I keep moving because I refuse to stop:wink:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Every couple of weeks I delete anybody that hasn't logged in 20+ days.
  • imgone324
    imgone324 Posts: 84
    Options
    This is your weight-loss & health journey....keep the people around you that motivate and support you and drop those that don't. Add me, I'm on here every day and if I stop you can delete me knowing I had it coming.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I deleted a ton of people in the past so I could accept new ones. MFP used to cap the friend list. They've since gotten rid of it or moved it up... thankfully.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's mean at all and I have deleted people for many different reasons. Never because they aren't losing weight though. If someone hasn't logged in for a while I will try to write on their wall and encourage them and give them time to come back. I want people who are committed and motivated on my team and if I feel that someone is not then I have no problem deleting them. If someone adds me as a friend and I find that I am always encouraging and supporting them but never get the same in return, I do eventually delete them.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Do any of you ever delete friends on here? I'm considering deleting a few who hardly ever log in, aren't actively losing weight, and just generally are not supportive. What do you think? Is this mean?

If they haven't been logging in, they probably won't even notice.