Deleting friends

Options

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I actively encourage my friends to delete me.
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I usually clean up my friends list every couple of months of people who don't show support or log in. I do keep my "real" friends even if they haven't logged in.
  • deliak2010
    Options
    I wouldn't delete them if they're not actively losing weight but I would probably do it if they were not logging in for long periods of time and/or they didn't really demonstrate that they are dedicated to reaching their goals via MFP. In the end, it's your friends list and it's all up to you! You have to do what keeps you motivated and happy :) good luck!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You have to do what's right for you and the support/environment you need and came here for. I delete friends if they have not logged in in ages and more often than not, I delete people who chronically under-eat.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    It's your list so do what makes you feel comfortable. There was a time when I never deleted anyone but now I delete them if they have logged on for over 2 months and there no reason posted on their page. I wouldn't delete someone for not losing weight.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It's your account. Do what you have to do. I'm not that judgmental (I have no idea what their lives are like) and I don't get all worked up over such small issues. But that's just me.
  • StacieLeigh77
    Options
    In my opinion:

If someone is just looking for friends - go to facebook. I want to lose weight and am looking for friends that I can motivate and that will motivate me.

If you're not getting that from friends on this site, I don't have a problem deleting or being deleted.

My two cents. =)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I delete people when they haven't logged in for over a week, attention seekers, whiners, people who aren't losing weight healthily when they requested me for support in recovery and seem to have no interest in actually recovering.

It's your friendslist, you can do with it what you please!

yeah, what she said!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I've deleted friends who haven't logged in for about 2 months.... I figure they aren't serious about their journey.

I've also deleted a few people because I got tired of all their daily *****ing and griping statuses. I think it's OK to post status updates to your friends about things other than weight loss and exercise, but this one lady posted multiple times a day about many personal things with her husband, family, work, etc.... all of which were negative. I just didn't want to keep up with her drama!!!

I say.... delete away... use MFP how you want to use it... and only keep the friends you want to keep!!!
  • joandhan
    Options
    i only have one friend so far... and that was my daughter as we are dieting together, but i only joined yesterday so early days yet.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    if they are not using the site anyhow its not like they will notice, I wouldnt worry about if you look mean, do whats best for you, even if you have to be mean in situations, I delete negative people off my facebook, I feel mean for it but I dont want negativity in my life (seems arrogant but it can be draining when its constant) so I see no problem with it, good luck and dont worry :)
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just deleted a few who don't bother to write or inspire me. Feel free to add me though, I need good supporters. LOL!
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    I delete those that don't log in, that are very negative (not those having a rough time), that say they want to lose weight yet their diary is full of fast food and junk food on a daily basis, or that never bother to comment. I'm not one who wants a ton of friends on here...just a few good ones who motivate me to be the best I can be - and I'll do my best to do the same for them.

You know what/who works for you.

^^^ THIS
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Do any of you ever delete friends on here? I'm considering deleting a few who hardly ever log in, aren't actively losing weight, and just generally are not supportive. What do you think? Is this mean?

If they aren't active anymore or are not a support friend then yeah delete them. I guess it depends on the circumstances. If they treat it like facebook to them and its all a social thing instead of a support thing then yeah. If they end up with 100's of friends on MFP how could they help support you or you them?
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I give my pals a week to log in. No activity for a week, they're gone unless they post something saying they will be gone for so long.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Do any of you ever delete friends on here? I'm considering deleting a few who hardly ever log in, aren't actively losing weight, and just generally are not supportive. What do you think? Is this mean?

I don't bother deleting them.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I delete when they haven't logged in for a couple weeks. It is my friends list, therefore I make the rules. I will also delete someone that consistently makes horrible food choices and then whines about what they are going to do about it. I do try to send encouraging words, but if it constantly falls on deaf ears, then I am wasting my time.
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't know that they would notice, if they're not logging in to MFP. It's your friend's list, so you get the final say in who's on that list. I don't think I'd want to log in everyday and see a friend feed full of "so and so hasn't logged in for X days." That would be distracting from the updates you want to read. Someone can always ask, again, to be your MFP friend. I wouldn't necessarily delete someone for not losing weight. I can understand only wanting to keep those whose goals are similar to yours around you. It helps to keep you focused and provides an empathetic support system.
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I am not actively losing weight b/c I made goal last month. I would hate for friends to delete me b/c of that. I am still on supporting everyone and would still like some support during my maintenance period. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I have only deleted 1 or 2 people due to inactivity or no support. Do what's best for you.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Do what you gotta do.