Team 20... Team Persistent Determination (closed group)

Options

Replies

• cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    I know this is the Kick the Crap out of August Challenge, but today I awoke feeling like someone kicked the crap out of me! My arms and legs feel like lead and that they don't belong to me. Every one of my muscles feels achy. And then I sneezed and had to whince cause the abs screamed out ' what the heck did ya do to us??!' I also notice myself standing a little taller, holding in my stomach and just generally have a better sense of well being. 4 days in and I am starting to feel a difference. Just wondering what it will feel like on August 31st. Being so out of shape, I am amazed that I am even attempting these challenges.

Let's keep rocking this challenge. Now go drink a cup, just one more little cup of water.

Chris
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Took the exams!

I got a good grade on one and the other was ONE QUESTION!!! argh!!!!

now I am talking my company on the phone! lol

Have an awesome night and drink your water!!!! :drinker:

~ Sonia

I don't have any pictures for the 25 squat lunges! It is a squat, stand up, step forward into a lunge, step back, squat, step forward on other leg in a lunge, step back, redo!!!
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    I don't have any pictures for the 25 squat lunges! It is a squat, stand up, step forward into a lunge, step back, squat, step forward on other leg in a lunge, step back, redo!!!

Sonia - you actually step back into the lunge...here is a video link, but because of where she is doing this she only has room to do it on the right so we just have to alternate from right to left (I hope everyone can access the video - it's a big help)

http://www.ehow.com/video_2351882_squat-lunge-combo-exercise.html

The information I saved on the exercise challenge (see below) shows that we have 25 push-ups tomorrow or did this get switched?

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My check-in for today:

Under Calorie = YES
    64oz Water = YES (actually 80.9oz to be exact)
    40 Up and Downs = YES

I even spent 45 minutes mowing the yard :wink:
  • sonybalony
    Options
    You are correct! It IS pushups, not squat lunges, but if you do the wrong one, you can just alternate with the other for Saturday!

Have a lovely night!!!

~Sonia
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Just finished mine too. During the last set I didn't think I could get up. Every muscle in my body felt like it was going to give out.

Chris

I am so impressed!! I don't know HOW you did those with a cast on... :noway:

Great job everyone!!

Bupees - check
    Under calories
    15 cups of water

Let's ROCK those pushups tomorrow!!!
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Done with day 5 challenge! My thighs are still sore from yesterday's challenge. Yeowchhh.
  • Eplizzitiz
    Eplizzitiz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not looking forward to the push ups for tonight. I could hardley raise my arms up to dry my hair this morning after yesterday's up downs!

I thought my arms were in shape since I lift my 2 little boys multiple times a day. Boy, was I wrong!
  • cshore54
    Options
    Yesterday's challenge got me big time! I have learned to use this cast as a weapon and can actually do more with it than I thought. I put a memory foam pillow down where my left hand would hit during the down and ups and it cushioned it and let me push off a bit too. I am feeling some burning in my hand though today. For today, I attempted the push ups doing the same but can't tolerate it. So far I modified and did the push ups standing, against the front door using the door handle to hold onto with my thumb and forefinger of my casted hand as they are the only fingers not in the cast. They were hard, and again I could only do sets of 5. Then I followed with 100 toe touches in 2 sets. I hope this will suffice for meeting the challenge requirements. If there is an alternative offered, I will do those later when I get up.

Good job to everyone giving their best to the challenge! I feel like I am doing good, but there is always room for improvement. Keep up the good work. We are nearing the end of week 1! Make today your best day yet!!

Chris
  • sonybalony
    Options
    TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

********ANNOUNCEMENT******** Gary has decided to award every team member across the board a point each day this week for the water and calories. :flowerforyou: No more after that. :frown: Some feel like it's not quite fair:grumble: to those who have been busting their hiney's off getting it done, but he is being extremely generous!!!:bigsmile: I hope that you will take that as the gift :flowerforyou: it is and use this week as your trial run to learn how to drink 64 oz of water a day:drinker: through the entire month of August, as this seems to be our biggest issue overall!!! :ohwell:

I desperately:sad: need you ALL to make sure and let me know EVERY DAY, whether you got 64+ water:drinker: , were under your calorie goal:happy: AND if you did the exercise challenge!!!:sick: I care about all of you, :heart: but I just don't see it as that hard to message me whether these 3 things have been completed. If you didn't do them you still need to let me know.

As a good mentor on here, lori_menorahlover, recently posted "I am one of the most patient, supportive, caring and encouraging people you will ever meet in your life, but I'm not here to sugar coat things for you either. Something led you to sign up for an account on MFP. You know in your heart and your mind that you are not 100% as healthy as you could or need to be. Then get up and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!! No one is going to do it for you!!!!"

{channeling my inner drill instructor} ~ DROP AND GIVE ME 25 PUSH UPS TODAY!!!!:glasses:
    DRINK ALL OF YOUR WATER!!!:drinker:
    STAY UNDER YOUR CALORIES (DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT OR NOT???) :huh:
    AND THEN FLEX YOUR FINGERS, MESSAGE ME AND LET ME KNOW EITHER YES I COMPLETED THE CHALLENGES :bigsmile: OR NO I DID NOT.:sad:

OK, done yelling.... {phew, my fingers are blistered from the fast and furious typing!!!}:wink:

On to other news...

DaFrogRibbit messaged me yesterday that this is not the right time to participate in a challenge.:cry: I am sure she would LOVE:heart: to still receive our support and encouragement, she is welcome here anytime and along with hadley0910, if she wishes I will track her weight loss so she can see her % at the end of the month.

I am very encouraged by how many of you are doing the exercises and getting this done! 3/4 of the team is spot on!!! I expect this week to end strongly! Our weight will be the deciding factor of whether or not we pull ahead of the other teams!!! We are totally capable of doing this ladies!!! I have seen some amazing numbers pop up for some members regular weigh in, so am super excited for the numbers on Sunday/Monday!!!!

I will be away starting late this afternoon, in Joplin with the Boy Scouts delivering and setting up classrooms in various malls, building, etc for the schools that were destroyed in the tornado this year. I should be back really late on Saturday. If cell service is back up in Joplin, I will check my messages as I can. If not, I hope to be reading a lot of messages saying "YEP, got the water, under the calories, did the exercise... wooo~whoooo!!!! GO TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION!!!"

Have a blast this weekend and keep your goals in mind!!!!

I am extremely proud to be a part of this team! I love the support:noway: , encouragement:flowerforyou:, and humor :tongue: in our group! We are gonna give these "I'm so awesome" teams:huh: , a real run for their money!!!!!:bigsmile:

GO TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION!!!!!

~Sonia
  • sonybalony
    Options
    Ladies,

I am discouraged by an issue a couple team members recently had. I will not go into the drama, but I will say this...

Every status you write comes up on MY wall... I do not allow my children to peruse my stuff... but I can not prevent the glance that occurs as they walk by... there are $%#^#@ keys available on a keyboard, please consider using them.

I do not think that berating ANYONE for standing up for what they think is right is acceptable.

I do not think airing issues publicly is a good idea either.

Everyone here is old enough to understand that not everyone has the same ideas, values or preferences. The question is whether they are mature enough to deal with the differences without turning it into a fight.

We are a TEAM. Please treat each of your team mates with respect.

With Friendship and Warmth from Missouri.

Sonia
  • wilsonshome
    Options
    Ladies,

I am discouraged by an issue a couple team members recently had. I will not go into the drama, but I will say this...

I totally agree, if you need to voice your opinion about an issue that is not weight-loss related use another media. MFP is intended to support one another in our battle with getting in shape and being healthy.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Week 1 is almost done!! Somehow I got those push-ups in after P90X...my arms were about to fall off!! LOL!! Keep up the good work everyone!! Let's finish this week STRONG!!

:heart: Shanna
  • shortee75
    Options
    25 Push-ups = YES
    Under Calories = NO :sad: (my husband took me out to Red Lobster, but I did not do as bad as I easily could have :wink: )
    64oz water = I have not met this yet, but it is only 9:20pm my time and I should have this in before I go to bed (I will verify this when I meet it)

You ladies ROCK!!!:wink:

To help get my water (even though I have been doing this already) I picked up a 52oz Bubba Mug at Wal-Mart that will go with me to work on Monday!
  • shortee75
    Options
    Okay ladies,

I'm tired and going to bed - unfortunately, I am about 3 glasses shy of getting 64oz of water in for the day!
  • cshore54
    Options
    Completed and succeeded with day 5! So happy with the feeling of accomplishment. Success really does breed succes. Looking forward to today.

Chris
  • llbird
    llbird Posts: 51
    Options
    Really hoping to see the scale move on Monday morning. This has been a great week for me in pushing through on the exercises when it would have been excuses of "I'm too tired" or "I had a long day." I have been disappointed with myself on meal preparation, though, in the evening after work (read, none) so my goal this weekend is to buy groceries and plan some quick and easy meals for the week. Sunday is the natural day for cooking since it's the rest day. Also hope to have some fun outdoors on my new bike but need to get some 'friendly padding' i.e., bike shorts, first!

Have a great weekend, everyone, and keep at it! Laura
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Just thought I would check in on here as I dont really look at it much. Whats all the drama I seem to have missed? I hope it wasnt something I posted?? I dont think so....:noway:

Anyways, just did my first spin class in a LONG time and boy it was tough. But I burned 571kcals in an hour whcih I thought was pretty good. Also getting squash lessons on Monday! :happy: Should be fun and I've read you burn a ton of kcals with squash.

So whats up for next week??

I will get my squat lunges done later- might hit the gym in the evening with my other half .

Have a great Saturday everyone. :heart:
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Done with day 6! Rest day tomorrow.

I'm sorry but I think I haven't lost any weight this week. I don't know if it's PMS or anything. I don't think it's plateu since I've just started. Sorry guys.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Done with day 6! Rest day tomorrow.

I'm sorry but I think I haven't lost any weight this week. I don't know if it's PMS or anything. I don't think it's plateu since I've just started. Sorry guys.

No reason to apologize. We are all doing the best that we can and that's all anyone can ask. I have weeks that I drop great numbers and weeks that I don't. That's why this is a journey! Keep up your hard work and you will reach your destination. We are a team!
  • llbird
    llbird Posts: 51
    Options
    Sneak peek of week 2 (from Gary6030) exercise challenges:
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2: Unleashing the Beast Within! This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas. Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team! WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE! Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo ) Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 ) Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry. Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc ) Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press Day 7 Rest! You deserve it! Week Two Weekly Team Challenge Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.