Team 20... Team Persistent Determination (closed group)

Options
1234568»

Replies

• wilsonshome
    Options
    Just finished my squat lunges, I'm assuming it's 25 on each leg? Glutes feel it!
  • llbird
    llbird Posts: 51
    Options
    Yes, I'm assuming it is 25 squat lunges on each leg.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    I alternated my legs so it went like this:

Step out right...squat...step back together...step back right...lunge...step back together
    Step out left...squat..step back together...step back left...lunge...step back together
    (((#1)
    Step out right...squat...step back together...step back right...lunge...step back together
    Step out left...squat..step back together...step back left...lunge...step back together
    (((#2)
    (((#3)
    (((#4)

Until I got to 25...so yes it was 25 per leg - I just did them alternating to keep one leg from getting sore :wink:

How are you ladies logging these under exercise? I mean it probably only took me about 5 minutes to them, but I would still like to log it.

For today...

I am under calories
    Did my Squat Lunges
    and I filled up my 52oz Bubba mug this morning and it's almost empty then I will grab a 16.9 oz bottle of water to finish off the day :happy:
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    Yipeeeee! Day 6 successfully completed. Congratulations to all my Team Persistant Determination members who are trying their best.

Chris
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Finished the week strong and soooo ready for my rest day tomorrow!! I am so impressed with my teammates who are trying so hard and doing more than you ever thought possible! Such inspirations!! Looking at next week's challenges makes me kind of weak in the knees. :noway: One day at a time...

Shanna
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Tomorrow's day 1 of week 2!

This is gonna be harder. How are we going to split up the 100 miles walk/run/jog challenge?
  • wilsonshome
    Options
    Are we supposed to be reporting our weight today?
  • llbird
    Options
    Well, I have a very busy work week coming up, plus regularly scheduled exercise plus the August challenges (and possibly the 100 mile walk/jog/run) on top of it all. Yikes! Also, I have not gone grocery shopping yet for the coming week and this is one area I have committed to doing better, i.e., making simple dinners during the work week. Looking forward to your recipes to help in that department! So, while my legs are recovering from the long and wonderful bike ride that I went on this morning, I'm going to start a bit early with one of the challenges we have to do: share a recipe with the team.

My recipe is nothing fancy but I look at is my healthy go-to meal to start the day right and it couldn't be easier. This is my morning oatmeal that I log in (recipe I've built on MFP) nearly every day. This is one healthy habit we started some months before joining MFP. I find adding the fruits, nuts and flax seeds really makes a difference in feeling full versus being hungry 2 hours later with just plain old oatmeal.

Oatmeal
    1/2 cup quick cook oatmeal (2-3 minutes)
    one cup boiling water
    3 small prunes
    4 small raw, unsalted almonds
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries (or fresh)
    topped with:
    almond milk to taste (optional)
    ground flax seeds (1-2 Tbsp)

Pour the boiled water on the oatmeal and cover with a plate. Meanwhile, chop up the dried fruit and nuts. After 6-8 minutes, add the frozen blueberries and almond milk (optional) and ground flax seeds. I don't add the blueberries until the end so it doesn't cool down the oatmeal too much. I don't need it piping hot but you can pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds without changing the texture too much.

I have this at 5:30 each morning and it holds me until my first snack of the day at 9:30 AM. Laura
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Has the group decided how we want to split the 100 miles....I do not know how many people are doing this but my suggestion is to just split the miles between how ever many people are involved......

1. Are we suppose to weight again this Sunday and report it to you Sonia
    2. The recipe do you want us to email it to you separatly ....

Thanks
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Has the group decided how we want to split the 100 miles....I do not know how many people are doing this but my suggestion is to just split the miles between how ever many people are involved......

1. Are we suppose to weight again this Sunday and report it to you Sonia
    2. The recipe do you want us to email it to you separatly ....

Thanks

I agree that we should split this evenly among all members unless there is a medical reason that someone cannot participate.

As far as recipes...is this something we have to do? I am not one to just start cooking things from scratch so there really isn't a recipe I can share :ohwell:
  • llbird
    Options
    Angie: why not post a recipe that has worked well for you in terms of staying under calories and was healthy? My post (recipe) was pretty basic but it's been a "go-to" meal that has helped me stay on track for my weight reduction goals. That's what I'm interested in, at least, real recipes for real life.
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    I totally enjoyed my day of rest! Spent most of it in the car traveling. Overall it was a lively day. I am shaking in my shoes because this mornings weight was UP 0.8 pounds! I pushed through blood, sweat and tears this week to make it a great week. Tomorrow is official weigh in and I can only pray it is down.

OK, on to the recipe. I love sweet coffee drinks and this is my favorite post run treat.

In a blender combine:
    1 scoop Designer Whey Chocolate 100 cal protein powder
    1 cup leftover coffee or 1 cup water
    1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese - Adds substantial protein and makes it super creamy. You will not taste cottage cheese!
    1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp Torani sugar free caramel syrup - adjust to taste
    1 tbsp splenda or sweetener of choice - adjust to taste
    1-2 tsp instant coffee
    8-10 ice cubes

blend on high until creamy and frothy. Makes about 40 ounces so can be split to serve 2 people

Entire 40 ounces:
    Calories - 180
    Carbs - 11 grams
    Fat - 3 grams
    Protein - 32 grams

I enjoy this along with a fresh peach or apple and am good to go for 4-5 hours.

Chris
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/311245-team-persistent-determination-closed-group

Here is the link to the NEW THREAD, please post there!!!! :-)

~Sonia