30 Day Shred Group- August

Options

Replies

• lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I just joined the site this morning. Tried the 30 day shred today and really enjoyed it. I'm very overweight so found it hard going but determined to get there! Nice reading about everybody- good luck!!

I know Jillian says don't modify on certain exercises, like jumping jacks and even push-ups but you do what is best for you and will cause you ZERO injuries. When I first started working out my push-ups were against the wall and jumping jacks were modified. Do what is best for you but always push so you can improve. I can say proudly I am now doing full bodies push-ups and non-modified jumping jacks. I can do a sit-up the entire way up.
    Good Luck!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Trying to find the motivation for L1D8. I have off from work today and really just want to relax since it is just me and my doggies today and it is raining. But I will do it. I think it is because I am afraid of level 2. Also I have lost 3lbs (which before I was at a plateau) so I am happy about that. But I really dont see alot of results. My waist is my biggest problem and that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I dont want to do measurements yet and I probably should have taken some pics. :grumble:
  • holpan11
    holpan11 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I started 30 DS on the 2nd August and loving it.

One question I have is what would you record it as to work out how many calories you get for one work out? Aerobics High impact is what I usually put but I am a bit unsure...? :)
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 8 Complete

I am loving Level 2. It is soooo challenging! I'm really liking the workouts on this one. My shoulders are sore from all of the plank positions, but I'll take it. I lost another pound today for a total of 7 pounds since starting the Shred with you guys. 5 more pounds to go until my goal weight.

My abs are getting tight and there is a little definition coming in--I'm super shocked about that. But still, a long ways to go before I'm where I want to be. I had wanted to get the 6 week 6 pack DVD but maybe the Shred will be enough for me...time will tell.

I wish Jillian had a DVD that focused on legs. I really want to work my inner and outer thighs and tone my calfs...perhaps I'll need to check out Tae Bo for that.
  • FullmetalAlchemistMommy
    Options
    Hey,

I started 30 DS on the 2nd August and loving it.

One question I have is what would you record it as to work out how many calories you get for one work out? Aerobics High impact is what I usually put but I am a bit unsure...? :)

I normally put it in as circuit training, general. I think the calorie burn is pretty similar with both of those, so you should be ok.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    day 8 complete, there are some things I still cannot do fully..mostly the push ups and the bicycle ab workout but i'm still going to move onto level 2 in a couple days. i figure since i'm so out of shape i'll probably restart the 30DS after i complete a month anyways.
  • Toinbot
    Toinbot Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hey, i know i'm about a week late with starting the 30 day shred. But i'm in! I start tomorrow, and coincidentally have 31 days until i go on holiday, so let's hope this shred whips me into good shape, and lets hope i can stick with it!!!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    D8 L1 complete. I am not sure the morning working is going to work. I really feel shaky after but once I eat I feel better. Maybe a protein shake for after? What would you recommend? I would really like to do this workout in the morning and start walking again in the evening.
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope you had a fabulous weekend! I completed L1D7 Sunday and D8 this morning as scheduled, but was unable to check in. I think that the weekends make the workout harder for me, it seems. I'm not sure if that's because during the week I have such long days and become more inactive on the weekends? Either way, this morning I was a little less sluggish in my shred. The good news about having done L1 for a week is that I feel comfortable with the movements and so I can kinda' zone out while I'm doing it. This means that the whole thing is done in no time! Also, I've improved in most of my exercises. Still pretty terrible at the anterior raises though, so instead of putting the weights down and just raising my arms during part of the reps, I've started doing what Myiceisonfire is doing and raising the weights like a bucket, or I think of it as a monkey :laugh:.

Reading what everyone's saying about L2, I'm pretty scared of it! :frown: But, I think I will try to move on after day 10 and see.

Keep up the good work everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey, i will be ordering the dvd today and starting it as soon as it arrives (hopefully in 2-3 days). Can i still join in here once i start or will i be too late?? Could really use the motivation and support when i start it!!
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    D8 L1 complete. I am not sure the morning working is going to work. I really feel shaky after but once I eat I feel better. Maybe a protein shake for after? What would you recommend? I would really like to do this workout in the morning and start walking again in the evening.

Kim, from what I've read, protein after a strenuous workout is very good to allow your body to build and repair muscles. This article gives a rundown of post-workout diet: http://www.active.com/nutrition/Articles/Get_enough_protein_after_your_next_workout.htm
  • raynebow
    Options
    I'd like to participate. How do you join?
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hey, i will be ordering the dvd today and starting it as soon as it arrives (hopefully in 2-3 days). Can i still join in here once i start or will i be too late?? Could really use the motivation and support when i start it!!

Sure, anyone can join =)

To answer the other question someone else asked, to join, you just do the workout everyday & post how you did/feel. =) It's more of a support group than anything. I honestly couldn't do all 30 days straight, with no breaks, If I didn't have all of these people cheering me on.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Trying to find the motivation for L1D8. I have off from work today and really just want to relax since it is just me and my doggies today and it is raining. But I will do it. I think it is because I am afraid of level 2. Also I have lost 3lbs (which before I was at a plateau) so I am happy about that. But I really dont see alot of results. My waist is my biggest problem and that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I dont want to do measurements yet and I probably should have taken some pics. :grumble:

Come on, just do it (Nike commercial) It's only 20 minutes and you'll feel so proud of yourself when you're done@

Rock ON! :tongue:
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Reading what everyone's saying about L2, I'm pretty scared of it! :frown: But, I think I will try to move on after day 10 and see.

Keep up the good work everyone! :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Don't be afraid of it! I really like Level 2. There is tons of planking, but most of the moves a lot of fun!
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just done day one of the shred. OMG I'm not sure I can do this every day.
    My arms were shaking when I finished.
  • darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the site, but I specifically registered to get support with 30 DS. I ordered the DVD and it should be here tomorrow. I'll be starting it tomorrow as well. Wish me luck!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done!! Whoohoo! And, I didn't have to stop EVEN ONCE during the anterior raises today!!!
  • McWilkie
    McWilkie Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey all- Just completed Day 1 of my shred journey!!!
  • hikerchick9
    Options
    I'm on day 8! Lets support each other!!