30 Day Shred Group- August

Options

Replies

• tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Im going to join in with you guys. Tomorrow I will be on L1 D7 :o)
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I started July 28th and found this group looking to see just how many people gain weight with it rather than lose. Very happy to see that I am in no way alone (also have friends who have). I just did day 2 of level 2 and it is definitely a lot harder than level 1. Level 1 I could complete with no modifications but on level 2 I find I need to take it a bit easier.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Drinking coffee, need to do day 7 today. I thought I was going to have a rest day but I dont think I am. I am still having to take a break or 2 so I really want to be ready for level 2 which I hear is hard. Today I am going to mute Jullian and have my headphones in. Tomorrow I am going to start getting up a 6am to do 30DS so that I can start walking again in the evenings.

Also going vitamin shopping. Any suggestions? My energy level is low and need something to help especially if I start getting up; I did some Google searches and actually One A Day was rated high. Could this be?

I will be back to set me know how day 7 is.....

b vitamins are especially helpful for energy. if you are really drained, i like frs. you can find it at gnc or at frs.com... just be sure to get the low cal. stuff because the other is WAY too sweet!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    day 7 complete!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Tomorrow is my last day of 30 DS!! Then I will start again Tues/Weds!! I will post my results from round 1 so everyone can hopefully get encouragement to continue!!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Just finished D1L7... Only 3 days before I can weigh-in officially! =) Can't wait to see the Level 1 results! =)
  • jenniferkristine
    Options
    Day 7 complete for me too! Getting stronger and stronger but I agree the anterior raises are killer! Just to let all of you know that complain about hearing Jillian, there is a setting in the main menu under audio that you can chose to hear Jillian or just hear the music. Hope this helps! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I don't mind hearing Jillian. I tend to voice along what she's about to say when she says it lol. "I know you just want to give up, shut off this dvd. Don't even think about it. LMFAOROFLCOPTERI'MGONNAGETYOUINYOURSLEEPFATTY!!!"

However, I tend to turn it right down, and pump up my music.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    day 8 and keeping going :)
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am about to try the 30 day shred starting tonight.

Anyone have any advice? I've never done anything like this before - I am an avid cyclist but work out dvds are new to me.

E
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Completed day 6 today (level 1) and weighed in and I lost 1lb. Thought I'd probably gain cos of muscle -maybe I'm not working hard enough ;)
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I had to take a day off yesterday, my body hurts in all kinds of places I didn't know possible!

I will be back on it after work today though!
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    D1L1 is done! That was quite painful, hoping tomorrows goes a bit better though :D
  • passionteaaddict
    passionteaaddict Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi all... about to start day 8, L1, and weighed in this morning (monday morning weigher) and lost 3.2 lbs this week- very very happy to see the hard work is helping me achieve this. i can see the difference in my legs, my stomach isn't as poofy, and look! beginnings of biceps! woohoo! :)
  • tashabradley
    tashabradley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I just joined the site this morning. Tried the 30 day shred today and really enjoyed it. I'm very overweight so found it hard going but determined to get there! Nice reading about everybody- good luck!!
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    cool am in too - am on day 4 today of level 1 - I ache a lot and feel like skipping it, but I'll save any neccesary days off for level 2 I think!
    I used a HRM with it yesterday and found that I only burned 170 clas in level 1 - bit dissapointed, but will still keep it up!
    Last time I did it ( stopped at level 2 as couldnt make the 3) I lost some inches so i think that is more likely for me this time round too!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I started July 28th and found this group looking to see just how many people gain weight with it rather than lose. Very happy to see that I am in no way alone (also have friends who have). I just did day 2 of level 2 and it is definitely a lot harder than level 1. Level 1 I could complete with no modifications but on level 2 I find I need to take it a bit easier.

Sassy, like you, I've gained, but oddly, I'm not stressing over it. I can see that my shorts are looser in the waist, and there's definition in my arms that wasn't there 2 weeks ago. We'll get there as long as we eat healthy!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Alright, Day 13 L2D3 is finished! I'll be honest, I did NOT want to do it this morning. Once it got started, I kept focusing on the fact that it really wasn't a long time, I'd be done and could focus on something fun for the day. Today I was REALLY glad that it was only 20 minutes...

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have L1D7 of 30Day shred down. It is an internal battle each morning to get this workout done. Can I see a difference after 7 days...oh yeah. The area I am the largest, my hips are starting to tone down which means I am losing inches. Yeah for me.
  • jnlk80
    jnlk80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So I totally skipped Saturday..I am really disappointed. But I did my new day 7 yesterday and off to do day 8 level one right now. I am going to just call Saturday a fluke and keep going!