30 Day Shred Group- August

Options

Replies

• sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 and all I can say is OW!!!

It's getting friggin harder and my legs are in so much pain! It was harder on the legs today than any other and it's not comfortable getting dressed either... Three days down, 27 to go... 
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the anterior raises with the side lunges destroy my upper arm muscles. Getting better though...

I find the best thing to do when I can't do any more is to keep doing the side lunges and let my arms hang, just for one or at most two, and go back into lifting the arms. Keeps my rhythm going and at least I'm keeping the legs working.
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    AiJahya: Great answer from the hubby! Have you been training him? :wink:

Thanks. It's taken a little training, but over all I'm just a lucky girl. ;)
    Soooo jealous, I wish i got those results after 5 days! So lucky! Great job, you must be working hard, and it's paying off!!!

Also jealous of the answer your hubby gave you. It's amazing that he talks to you like that =) You're very lucky!

Thanks! I've been trying. It's nice seeing improvement AND having someone else see it, too!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Anyone using an HRM? I'm only getting between 140-160 cal out puts!! Thought I'd be getting at least 200+..... tut.

I'm getting the 290-300 each time. But I'm 5'6" and 207lbs, I'm in bad shape. I think the more fit you are the less you burn because your body doesn't have to work as hard.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    day 6 complete...would move onto 5 pound weights, but those side lunges and raises are STILL destroying me. perhaps i may use 5 pounds for everything else..
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 6 completed too,

But side lunges with raises are killing me, i can never complete the set.

Hope everyone else is doing good
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the anterior raises with the side lunges destroy my upper arm muscles. Getting better though...

I find the best thing to do when I can't do any more is to keep doing the side lunges and let my arms hang, just for one or at most two, and go back into lifting the arms. Keeps my rhythm going and at least I'm keeping the legs working.

I do that too :)
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    day 6 complete...would move onto 5 pound weights, but those side lunges and raises are STILL destroying me. perhaps i may use 5 pounds for everything else..

I use 5lb weights for everything... except the side lunges with arm raised, those get 3lb LOL
  • myiceisonfire
    Options

I do that too :)

Instead of just stopping with the arm movements this is what I do... When I can't lift my arms up anymore I drop them down and use the weights differently. I will have my arms straight down then pull them up like you would a bucket. Now sure how to explain it. ... But I hope that helps!
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Finished Level one day 5 this afternoon. It's gettng better but still kicks my *kitten*!
  • hanharr
    hanharr Posts: 9
    Options
    just finished L1D3 today! it's so much easier now, i'm surprised! this much of a difference in endurance between day 1 and day 3, haha. i'm happy to say almost all the soreness in my thighs is gone, but now it's gone to my upper arms. i'm really happy though, today is the first day i was able to get through the entire workout without stopping! the last time i felt this gross after a workout it was 4 miles on the treadmill. and this took FAR less time than a treadmill!!
  • jenniferkristine
    Options
    I use a HRM and get 300-350 each time..
  • kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 250lbs! So surely I should burn more than 140 kcals? My HR drops right down under 120 when doing my abs or even some of the strength training.

I am nearly at the end of week 5 of C25k, so have been running a alot. I burn about 300 in that 1/2 hr.

Am I getting fitter? Maybe I'll see a different burn when I go up to the next level!?

Better get out of bed now! Determined to get those cals up!!!
  • kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    ok so i did day 4 this morning. and clocked 201 cals. so a bit more. i weights.as porper bouncing and upped my weights.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Drinking coffee, need to do day 7 today. I thought I was going to have a rest day but I dont think I am. I am still having to take a break or 2 so I really want to be ready for level 2 which I hear is hard. Today I am going to mute Jullian and have my headphones in. Tomorrow I am going to start getting up a 6am to do 30DS so that I can start walking again in the evenings.

Also going vitamin shopping. Any suggestions? My energy level is low and need something to help especially if I start getting up; I did some Google searches and actually One A Day was rated high. Could this be?

I will be back to set me know how day 7 is.....
  • elliej3
    elliej3 Posts: 29
    Options
    Just did day 7, wow i cant believe i have kept going for this long! It was just as good as yesterday, although my calves are burning still. My real test will be for the next 5 days, i'm going away but i bought her workout on my ipod so i will HAVE to do it... and i am trying to stay that committed for the rest of the week haha :P

Question, are you guys moving on to level 2 on day 10? Since i am keeping up with my mum, who will be at home while i'm away, i told her we would start level 2 together next saturday (day 13) but do you think i will not see as good results if i do this? Opinions please ! Lots of love.
  • xarra
    xarra Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Did it! I did L1D1! Well, replacing some jumping jacks with jogging... And a few seconds break, but I did it!

I can't do the abs properly, and I tore my trousers, but, yay!

So, now to find time to get hubby out of PC room tomorrow evening to do another day...
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    D7L1 complete....Although I am getting through most of the video I am still taking 1-2 breathes sometimes. Am I really this out of shape? I am not sure if I will be ready for L2 in 3 days. :mad:

So my 10 yr old wanted to try this with me today. He was laughing and all over the place during the first rep of jumping jacks so I had to kick him out of the room. :laugh:
  • MrsJessieB
    Options
    count me in love this DVD :)
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 7 Complete

Level 1 was no longer challenging me so I decided I was ready to move on to Level 2.

So today was my first day on Level 2 and it was a KILLER workout. It was hard but I enjoyed every minute of it. The amount of sweat pouring off of me was insane--and this is coming from someone who never sweats. I can't believe I made it all the way through without stopping but trust and believe I was huffing and puffing all the way through. I feel really good now that its over. I'm also thinking of upping my weights to 5 pounders (I'm currently using 3 pound handweights).

As of day 7, I have lost 6 pounds. I am halfway to my goal weight and have 6 more pounds to get there.