**Team Body Rock - August Challenge** (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• SouthernCityChic
    SouthernCityChic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have everyones weigh-in & as a team we lost 32.1 lbs!!!
    Also we are at 45 miles so far!!! That's awesome
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Awesome job team!!!!
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    great job everybado cant wait to see where we stand :)
    lets really kick it up for the next 3 days
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    As of right now 3:00pm (eastern time) we have 54.6 in miles of our 100 so lets walk/run/jog! We got this :)
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    over half way there :) still hopeing to hesr where we stood last week :(
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    As of right now 3:00pm (eastern time) we have 54.6 in miles of our 100 so lets walk/run/jog! We got this :)
    Today is super busy - but I'll try to fit a jog/walk in *somewhere*. I did do my challenges, though!
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    As of 10:45 (est) 64.6 miles .. We are doing great!!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit perplexed about the 100 stair climbs, is that like run/jog up a 100 stairs? or a flight of stairs a hundred times? I'm going to do the first ... I only have 3 steps in my house (we all live in bungalows in New Zealand), so if I run up and down those like 34 times??

I've done 2.5miles today, despite being sick ...got another 'extra' 4 miles planned for Sunday ... will see if I can fit a few extra in tomorrow, bit challenging when everyone is sick!

Right off to do my exercise challenges and 30 day shred! I'll be going to bootcamp tomorrow even though I'm ill as it's our session at the boxing gym, which I LOVED last time!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    and I'm perplexed by the globe jumps too ... is one set of four jumps one globe jump? i.e. are we doing '200 jumps' (50x4) or just 50 jumps round in a square ... I've done the latter and the thought of having to do that 3 more times is not a pleasant one!!
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Options
    It's 50 x 4 I'm afraid. I haven't even started mine yet!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit perplexed about the 100 stair climbs, is that like run/jog up a 100 stairs? or a flight of stairs a hundred times? I'm going to do the first ... I only have 3 steps in my house (we all live in bungalows in New Zealand), so if I run up and down those like 34 times??
    This is a good question... I have a deck that I have to step up once to get to. And, really no other stairs in town. (It's a very small town.) Maybe the treadmill at max incline can count for stairs, unless I think of anything else in the meantime.
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    As of 12:00pm (est) 8/12/11.. We are at 86.6 miles!!!!!!
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    This is a good question... I have a deck that I have to step up once to get to. And, really no other stairs in town. (It's a very small town.) Maybe the treadmill at max incline can count for stairs, unless I think of anything else in the meantime.

Just subsitute anything that can compare somewhat .. I don't have stairs either where I am right now so running up hill while counting as if they were stairs is what I'm doing
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    and I'm perplexed by the globe jumps too ... is one set of four jumps one globe jump? i.e. are we doing '200 jumps' (50x4) or just 50 jumps round in a square ... I've done the latter and the thought of having to do that 3 more times is not a pleasant one!!

The video wasn't very clear so I'm not sure either but i can email Gary to see & I'll post on here asap when he gets back to me!
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options

The video wasn't very clear so I'm not sure either but i can email Gary to see & I'll post on here asap when he gets back to me!

I still haven't heard from Gary but I done the (50x4). I didn't do them at once because they are killer! If it's the lesser I guess I burned extra calories.. What's everyone else doing?
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    I looked on Garys Diary & he did 4 sets of 50 reps of the globe jumps
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE
    WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES!

This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.

Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
    Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
    the team!

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
    ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own
    butt this week!

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. So a team of 20 would need
    each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away!

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.
    Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • SouthernCityChic
    Options
    8/12 at 8:45pm (est) We have 94.3 miles!!!!
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    Got 3 in today !