Ideas for non-food rewards for losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    Options
    an agility ladder and a new skirt
  • kilverstone
    kilverstone Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking a new handbag when I reach my first major milestone, and new clothes when I reach my goal weight. For every 5 pounds I like to get myself a new book, download new music to my Ipod. :)
  • ShaeThaGawd
    Options
    For the little goals I do little things, like;
    Make-up
    Getting my eyebrows done
    A new shirt
    Earrings

For the bigger goals (which I haven't met yet)
    Shoes
    Tattoo (this is like my ultimate, and I really want a new tattoo I can show off with pride, like on my side or something)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    New clothes!!
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    mine is workout clothes! motivation to keep going after i reach a goal :D
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Goal Gifts:
    (First Goal is always been under 300 lbs) 60 lbs lost - Manicure and pedicure.

50 lbs lost - New Clothes, not many.

50 lbs lost - Professional Hair Dye at a shop -

50 lbs lost - Ride an amusement park ride with husband and son and hair cut

25 lbs lost - My 1st Tattoo, and new outfit, one night with husband alone.
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Here's what I did! :)

10lbs - bought myself a new HRM
    20lbs new shoes
    40lbs - Manicure
    50lbs - new purse

My next one:

65lbs - Haircut / color and new clothes
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of the mani-pedi, massage, spa day reward.... I have one coming up!
  • iara333
    iara333 Posts: 18
    Options
    Clothes, clothes, clothes!
    Nothing better than wearing something from a shop you wouldn't have even gone inside a few years ago because you just assumed nothing would fit :D
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm not great at setting aside money as I lose weight to get my 'rewards,' so I in the past I've bought things when I have the extra cash and don't use them until I met my goal. If you have self-control and aren't often strapped for cash, it would be a cool idea to set aside a set amount a money for every set amount of weight lost ($5 for every 5lbs or something) and then buy a treat when you met whatever goal you're going for.
    So far when I lost 25lbs I got a massage (I bought a groupon that wouldn't expire quickly and didn't book the appointment until I was at my goal) and when I hit 50lbs I got new workout shoes. I really just needed the shoes though, but justified the cost as a 'reward.' Honestly a reward system doesn't really motivate me, though, I just buy myself things and then call it a 'reward.' I think it's hard as a childless adult to find things to reward myself with anyways, I buy myself most things I want and if I don't buy it, it's just because I don't have the money right now, not because I didn't think I deserved it in any way.
    All in all, weight loss itself is really the best motivation :-)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    lingerie
    whips and chains.
    boots to the knees with the highest heels you can find
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When I hit my final goal weight... if I ever manage it... I am getting a new tattoo.
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    I've decided to implement a reward system for myself for losing weight, I have a few ideas, but I'd like to see what you guys can think of! Does anyone else do a reward system? If so, has it worked?
    Some of my ideas:
    - curling iron
    - makeup
    - purse
    - teeth whitening
    - perfume
    - massage
    - clothes (the last one, of course)

The best reward will be looking at yourself in the mirror! I like your reward system, though. I have been buying clothes, maybe a nice pair of jeans or a shirt every 3-4 weeks...and belts, lots of belts, because everything is loose.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    When I hit my next mini goal I'm getting new work clothes. All my dress pants are too big and make me look frumpy. Also a tattoo is a good one :) And spa stuff like mani/pedi etc.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add, while I think a tattoo is a great reward, I would consider doing it as a 'maintained my goal weight for a year' reward. Your skin is going to tighten up if you maintain your goal weight and the tattoo will look way better a year after you've met your goal. Plus, so many people don't maintain their weight loss and a stretched out tatt is not the prettiest thing...
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Tattoooooooos!
  • Erithil
    Options
    An afternoon at the ice skating rink with my friends :D
  • SlenderClassyElegant
    Options
    I have one I'm considering: after my next 5 lbs. lost, I want to give $50 to a charity that gives food to people.

I don't know how I'm going to do it, I just think it might be a way to remind myself I have so much :heart: :happy:
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've decided to implement a reward system for myself for losing weight, I have a few ideas, but I'd like to see what you guys can think of! Does anyone else do a reward system? If so, has it worked?
    Some of my ideas:
    - curling iron
    - makeup
    - purse
    - teeth whitening
    - perfume
    - massage
    - clothes (the last one, of course)

I bought myself a new color of nail polish every week I stuck to my diet and fitness plan until I got all the colors I really wanted. Now I've added things like workout clothes, trail running shoes, bike, pass to the boathouse so I can go kayaking, new heart rate monitor. Etc. Try fitness related stuff. It's reward AND incentive. Some of my stuff is auto built in like I get new weights or a new kettlebell every time I get stronger.
  • ItsJenney
    Options
    Purse, new tattoos, getting my hair done, new shoes, books for my Nook, music for my Ipod, an afternoon of doing nothing, There are many good things in this forum. Pedicure is also a great one.