Ideas for non-food rewards for losing weight?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• SlenderClassyElegant
    Options
    Since I'm poor, and can't really afford decent rewards, I 'take things away' from myself as motivation. For instance, if I gain weight, I make myself use my bad headphones that are static-y instead of my nice ones that have bass and sound cancellation.
    Or put something I use regularly out of use, such as maybe a game system, favorite clothes or something until I get back on track.

I think you're marvelous for saying you can't afford them; there are better days ahead and you deserve them. Best of luck to you. :smile:
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My reward will be to wear a bikini for the first time ever on our Caribbean cruise next February. And look good in it.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well I have 28lbs to go (hopefully but if I look better heavier/lighter who knows) I need a hair cut as the last time I had one my 10month old was maybe 3 months old! Iv been growing it though but need more layers cut in. Im giving myself a goal of getting to 140lbs then having my hair done and buying some nice hair care products! Then when I lose another 10lbs Il get some nice jewellery, then at my goal Il buy some new clothes and be very happy!
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    Options
    I have a huge obsession over clothes, makeup, false eyelashes (I have an entire collection of upper and lower lashes from a Japanese brand called Dolly Wink), skin care products, hair products, bath products (LUSH!), and bird toys (because I raise 3 cute lovebirds) :)
    I think it's great that you have rewards to replace food to satisfy the need to be happy but I don't think money should replace food because you'll have a brand new problem ahead of you! T_T haha
    I think looking in the mirror and starting a picture blog recording your progress would feel rewarding adjacent to your current goal :)
    You can take pictures every week or every month depending on how fast your weight loss is.When you get a long collection, you can scroll down in chronological order and literally watch yourself shrink! I can imagine how rewarding that would be :)<3 cheers!
  • ellel1234
    ellel1234 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Every five pounds I lose I like to get a new piercing/body mod. I'm not one of those people with a ton of piercings or anything like that. I got a nose piercing. I want to bleach a section of my red hair bleach blonde next five. Then I want to get an upper cartilage piercing. Maybe a smiley piercing after that. I like the idea of a massage or mani/pedi. For things like clothes, etc. I wind up buying them inbetween the weight loss and it doesn't seem like as much of a reward where piercings and body mod/hair-dying is like a fun thing that's totally different.
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Tattoos :)
  • abetterservant
    Options
    Your idea of a reward for doing things (like exercising, posting your food/exercise each day, staying within calorie limits) rather than for results (lost 5 lbs) is a good idea. Those are "process goals" which athletes focus on (ex: taking so many swings at batting practice) when they want to improve. You can always control whether or not you reach a process goal whereas you can get frustrated if you feel like you've been doing the process right, but the scale isn't going down. Besides, maybe the process rewards will get a person back on track when they've hit a glitch.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    My go to rewards are massage, facials, make-up and new workout clothes!

Ahhh!!! Zombie thread!! You got me!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Spiral perm!
  • bugginmary
    bugginmary Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Manicure or pedicure. Sometimes new clothes or a trip to Bath & Body Works. :)
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    a night out doing an activity of my choosing...it doesn't have to cost a lot, or anything and it can be something i choose to do alone or with others - playing pool, going to a movie, enjoying a campfire, browing an art museum etc.
  • Riiseli
    Riiseli Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping my financial situation allows me to pick up my long dormant hobby of riding horses about 25 pounds from now. Otherwise clothes and nights out (mind you, I don't drink).
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I buy my boyfriend cute boxer shorts for my enjoyment! :wink:
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I came up with this thing where I buy myself different flowers for every 2 consecutive days I stick within my calorie goal..... after a week or so, i have a bunch of flowers all across my windowsill. I love coming home to the colorful and cheerful flowers
    --- BUT I also have another rule --- if i totally fall off the wagon, and go above my calories, i have to throw away all of the flowers, and start over. It's a bit of motivation to stay on track and enjoy fresh flowers at home :)
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Put away ten dollars into some secret jar or whatever for each pound lost.

When you get to your goal......splurge on something you really wanted!
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I didn't implement rewards for weight lost since I felt weight loss was a reward in itself. But I have rewarded myself for achieving fitness goals. Most recently I treated myself to a massage after completing a 23-mile hike. It was well earned and just what I needed. :smile:
  • LynzeNichole
    Options
    My rewards are trying on old clothes that currently don't fit, but that for some reason I've kept. I literally have clothes in all 4 sizes below my current size... which is sad that I've continually let myself get bigger and bigger.

My ultimate goal is to go to a theme park with rides, since the last time I was at one (about 8 years ago) I was shown how much fun it is to be told you have to get off of a ride because you're too big for the harnesses to lock in around you. Yep, that was an awesome day.

Hooray for non-food rewards!!
  • HazeyBlue69
    Options
    Im putting £2 in a jar for every 1lb I lose, as I want a new dressform. By the time I have enough money I will be buying the small size instead of the large. But once I meet my next goal of 30lb Im treating myself to some reflexology. I don't have any other goals decided just yet, I'll figure those out as I go along.