Where/How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    He works at the local Games Workshop (Warhammer) store. Met him in Nov 10. He took me and friend through a game one day when we strolled in out of boredom. Thought he was cute.
    Distance-gawked him for a couple of months after that as went past there often, while catching up with my friend for lunch who worked in the same building complex. Would ask her if "my games boy" was in today. Building up courage to ask him out.
    Did so in late Feb, after running through another game with him and buying some models.
    He said yes. Had a great date.
    Still together 5 months later.
    Love of each others lives.
    So happy.
    Can't wait to grow old together.
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Met online 13 years ago. It was not love at first type, but it was a friendship that grew into more than either of us expected. He moved to the US from Germany to be with me. We've been married 4 years now. Might I add, he's the best part of me :-)
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    D&D

Yep....I'm a nerd.

friggin awesome ;)
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i met mine at a karaoke bar! a friend hooked us up because i was a depressed 26 yr old divorcee. we have been together for 7 years!
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    on line
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    we hooked up on faceparty when that was still popular, but had such a connection it turned into more very quickly. 6 years and 2 kids later we are still extremely loved up and happy <3
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Chemistry.com.

But we met face-to-face for the first time at Starbucks.

Neither of us drink coffee :o)
  • shellyxxxxx
    Options
    erm he was my boss lol x x x

At first you were just trying to get a raise????:tongue:
  • shellyxxxxx
    Options
    erm yes n ended up with a whole lot more x lol
  • nomnomgal
    Options
    over icq, yeah... icq... anyone even remember that? lol
    9yrs strong

Haha I still remember my old old number..7974044...haven't used it for what...10 years, but how it was a part of my life!
  • sbranaghan
    sbranaghan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I met my SO at a bar I was dancing at (yep, I was a stripper) we have been together 9 years and married for 6years :love:
  • hay1eybe11e
    Options
    Ok, I totally understand if this gains a TL;DR status!!!

I met my SO five years ago at a house-warming party my friend was having - she had just moved in with her fiancé and my he was moving in with them too - we spent the whole night getting tipsy sat in a corner of the garden slinging abuse at each other (I know, how childish!) he started to throw cigarette papers at me, and we got into a full-blown poking war - he ended up asking me if I wanted to see his new room (haha classy, chat-up or what?!) I was rescued by my friend, thinking he was coming on too strong at our first meeting, she told him off and forced him to apologise to me in the morning (I have since found out that she told him that he would never see me again after his antics, which I honestly didn't mind)

So we never got to swap numbers as he was worried I thought that he was being weird. I ended up finding him on Facebook, we started chatting, finally swapped numbers and he asked me on a date...I rocked up at my friends house, and her face was a picture!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    In high school.
  • StrawberrySprinkles
    Options
    I unfortunately met mine online BUT the perk of it is, we're still together 2 years later. I love him to pieces! =.)

I met mine online (IRC to be exact) more than 14 years ago (I was around 16 at the time) and we've been married for a little over 9 years. I know a lot of people can be weirded out about relationships that started online. :tongue:

Internet romance can last! :flowerforyou:
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I met her in high school. She was my English teacher- who is 20 years older then me.

Been married 20 years this August 17.

If you want more info let me know
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Man, I can't believe how many people met online.

I met my wonderful wife in high school. We had mutual friends but never actually talked to one another. We finally became really good friends in art class my senior year. We started dating in the summer after I graduated. I had never met a girl that was more funny and had as weird of a sense of humor as me. We have been together for 9 years and just celebrated our 4th year of marriage, yeah!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Blind date.

His friend was dating my friend.

I was a senior in high school and he was in the Navy. We married eight months later.

The friends married a couple week after we did. They divorced about ten years later.

We will celebrate our 32nd anniversary in October.
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We were in the same accounting class in year 11. He dated my best friend for a week, we lost touch for 8 years after high school and caught up at a Christmas BBQ then became FB friends. His engagement broke up and a month later we made plans to catch up and work on some photography assignments and we've been together ever since :)
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Met online playing Dark Age of Camelot (MMO). Together over 9 years married 5 with 2 great kiddos :)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    We met at a bar called "Night Moves" 28 years ago. We've been married 27.