Where/How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• appleshells
    Options
    Myspace. We met face to face at four in the morning at Steak and Shake. Been together 5 yrs, married 4.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Haha oh boy.. my fiance was roommates with an ex boyfriend! I hate the ex, with a passion, but if I hadn't dated him I may never have become such good friends with my fiance :):):)
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    On World of Warcraft, yep, we're nerds too :P

Edit: I was GM of a guild and he was our main tank, LOLOL!
    We've known eachother for about 5 years been together/married close to 4 years!

Love it! Geeks unite! We were both GMs of raiding guilds (at different times).

I must be playing on the wrong server, lol. My ex hated the game.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I met mine at a Gun Club..... LOL
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    st pattys day last year...a guy comes up to me in the bar and comments that we both have lip rings..(what kind of lame pick up line is that?!)..well it must of worked cause i ended up going to another bar with him that night...gave him my number, then left him passed out on the bar shortly after..i honestly never thought he would remember me the next day, much less call me. but he did, and eh, its still going lol

^ no romance story there hahaha
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I met mine salsa dancing. He kept asking me to dance, and I wasn't too interested in him. And when I was leaving, he asked me, "Are you leaving?". I replied, "Yes. It's Thursday and I have to work in the morning." He asked, "Where do you live?" I thought, "Stalker Alert!!!!". And I hesitatantly replied with only the name of the city. He replied, "I live there too!" and proceeded to give me his entire street address and apartment number.

He turned out to be my downstairs neighbor, but we'd never met before. I married him 1 year later and we still salsa dance together. We are celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary the end of this month. :-)

That's so odd! Cool!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I love all the stories everyone :)

IRC and ICQ are cracking me up though!!
  • calikimi
    calikimi Posts: 30
    Options
    I met him at a friends wedding I flew 3000 miles for, he was the best man and I didn't know a soul there! We made quick friends and will be getting married in May!
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    :heart: :love: While out dancing and celebrating a friend's birthday, he came over and asked me to dance and we've been together ever since. Three years next Monday! :love: :heart:
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Me and my SO met in work and I could not stand him he was an arrogant jerk who needed a slap. We hung around with the same friends and eventually one night about 3 years later we had all planned to go out and it ended up being just me and him we had lots of fun he wasn't such a jerk and it went from there.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    we met at e teh apartment complex swimming pool. I had just moved toe VA and I wsa throwing coins in teh water for his boys to swim after. We became freinds and he secretlly hoped tje blind date I had coming up would suck, Well, I got stood up so hubby and I had a couple beers and he told me he wsa crazy about me and the rest is history. We have been married for 3 years.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    We met at a club/bar. My friend and I were waiting for 2 other guys to meet us there when we overhead my husband and his friend making fun of everyone in the club and we were laughing at their stupid remarks. His friend started talking to my friend, so me and him started talking. That was almost 10 yrs ago, married 6, have 2 kids.

Funny thing is, he had just broken off his engagement to my sister's friend and I had heard about him through my sister. So the next day I tell my sister Hey guess who I met? To which her response was "That's the jerk I told you about". LOL. Luckily I had just broken up with my boyfriend of 3 yrs (whom I caught cheating on me) so I figured, hey whatever, I'm not looking for anything serious.

He's the love of my life, my best friend. We have fun together and have created 2 of the most beautiful children on this earth. God has a funny way of bringing people into your life!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    We met in the cafeteria on lunch at work. 2nd day he asked for my number, we started talking...and the rest is history! :)
  • wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i met mine in the most miserable night class for graphic design ever. we became friends through mocking the teacher and being smart *kitten*.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    we met in an grade school parking lot....i was picking up the girls I nannied and he was picking up his nephew for his sister. two days later his sister came up to me and asked me for my phone number for him.
  • MondaysChild81
    MondaysChild81 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    7 years ago in a bar in my local town. He employed me!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    At a highschool party during Spring Break. :laugh: That was 1988, we got married in 1989 and have been together ever since!
  • shasslock
    Options
    Well....signifigant other is stretching it...but the guy I am currently "dating"...we met online...Plenty of Fish.
    We had our first meeting in the parking lot of a bar. He was beyond hot and the rest is history in the making :)

He makes me :) A LOT!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I met mine online at a local dating site that no longer exists. It was a super cheesy site and the day I was going to close out my (free) account, I had a message that wasn't disgustingly repulsive and was actually nice, not at all dirty, so I responded to him. We messaged back and forth for a bit before he asked if it was too forward to ask for my number. We talked all night long, until it was time for me to get ready for work the next morning and have been together ever since. :happy:

creepy, that sounds just like me and my fiance. He was the last comment I was ever going to make before I shut my page down...4 years later I'm glad he was online that day
  • kdtann
    kdtann Posts: 89
    Options
    We met at a mutual friends birthday party. That was 35 years ago... We will celebrate our 35th anniversary February 12th