Like Minded Lushes August 2011

Options

Replies

• anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have a gin (Bombay Saphire - 1/2 shot) and diet tonic (16 oz) with a half of a lime squeezed in it every night after working 15 hours (M-F). I figure I deserve it. I have two on Friday nights, No excuses. Its lower calorie, fat and carb than a beer and I LOVE IT. And I log every one of them!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Just got two new games to play while we camp... should be lots of fun! I actually found a trival pursuit "totally 80's" edition! I also bought Battle of the Sexes. We have 3 couples going so this should be interesting :) I've also decided I am going to rent the sand boards they have for skating down the sand dunes! I'm so stinkin' excited! I've been camping a gazillion times already this summer but not for more than one night at the beach.... I LOVE the ocean!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome Kasi. I really miss camping. Haven't been in a long time due to my bestie being pregnant etc etc.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-16oz of wine
    Wednesday-more wine I'm sure!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-zero drinks
    Tuesday-5 oz of pinot grigio (it was the end of the bottle and needed to be finished :wink: )
    Wednesday- zero drinks ??
    Thursday- zero drinks ??
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday- my Bachelorette party....need I say more :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-zero drinks
    Tuesday-5 oz of pinot grigio (it was the end of the bottle and needed to be finished :wink: )
    Wednesday- zero drinks ??
    Thursday- zero drinks ??
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday- my Bachelorette party....need I say more :drinker:

NOPE :laugh:
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    so happy i found this even though it's august 17th! thanks for keeping things real!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I need to do better about checking in here. Out of all of the threads I follow y'all are the chattiest bunch! :laugh:

I have been doing really good this week

Sun 2 glasses of wine
    Mon 0
    Tues 0
    Wed 0

I am debating staying sober this weekend since I did not make that goal last weekend and went waaaay over board.

I have been noticing the scale is actually moving the less I drink. :embarassed: So I should probably cool it for a bit if I want to look hot in my wedding dress.

Hope you fellow lushes are doing well with your goals! :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Ok, so Tuesday I had a glass of wine with lunch and a glass after dinner. took my sister and nieces to the airport at 4am this morning. I miss them already, but I am sleepy. No plans tonight, I could remain drink free, but I might have one to fall asleep, DH will be out doing comedy and now I have this open bottle of white wine...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Sunday=1/2 beer
    Monday=1/2 beer (Ruby Redbird)
    Tuesday=1/2 beer (Summer Shandy)

What the heck is wrong with me?? :laugh: I had back to school night last night and I wanted a BIG glass of wine and a beer but I had ramen instead. I still am in panic mode at school, so until that dies down, I don't have enough time to really work out--so I'm trying to be good with the booze. :sad:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I bow down to you for being able to stop at 1/2 a beer. My 1/2 would have been at the bottom, so I'd have no choice but to drink the whole thing. :laugh:

I hope everything calms down soon and you get into a nice routine. *hugs*
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot about this. Here I am, back to confess.

Wednesday, 5 vodka sodas with lime (still only about 75 cals over my limit that day)

Thursday, 2 vodka sodas with lime

Friday, 1/2 a bud light lime

Saturday, a grape vodka with soda and two sweet concoctions with lots of grenadine

Sunday, nothing

Monday, glass of red wine

Tuesday, an AMAZING bottle of Samuel Adam's Harvest Pumpkin Ale. Seriously, go buy it now.

Wow. I feel like a lush, even among other lushes. :blushing:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Ooh, must try the Sam Pumpkin...

Don't feel uber-lushy...I had beer for breakfast on Saturday.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    LOL, Amy breakfast of Champions!!! And what's with the half beers lady... pretty sure that's a party foul!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Just popped in to admit being marginally lushy, glass of wine last night, another one tonight and some left in the bottle for tomorrow. I'm making it last. :noway:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Way to portion Yvonne! I wish we could learn to do that with our whiskey... just never seams to last:embarassed:

My sister and I did decide though that this weekend we each will bring a half gallon of our favorite liquor and when we are out were out! We always end up making unexpected trips to the liquor store when we camp but this time the nearest liquor store is 20+ miles away so were not gonna do it! May end up up drinking a crap load of beer but no extra liqour!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    P.S. Looking hot Yvonne!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Friday night............................4 beers.......................................I'm thinking ahead!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    BIG glass of wine last night and another tonight!!!!

We are going camping this weekend too :) In lovely West Virginia. We will be tubing down the Shenandoah saturday with a cooler filled with beer...trouble I think so :drinker:
    I am happy that we are all responsible for our own food, SO I can atleast monitor what I'm eating.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Well so far not doing so well with the no drinking until Friday thing :(

Monday- zero drinks
    Tuesday- 5 oz pinot grigio
    Wednesday- 8 oz skinny girl margarita and 10 oz pinot grigio
    Thursday- zero drinks ?????
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday- my bachelorette party weekend......need I say more?? :drinker: