Like Minded Lushes August 2011

Options

Replies

• megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. Every time I go out, it is impossible not to have 4-5 drinks and it totally ruins my diet for the day. I try to workout to balance it all out, but sometimes I don't even know it is going to happen until later in the day. I just got back to school, so there will be major drinking this whole weekend. Perhaps I won't weigh in next week...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    BIG glass of wine last night and another tonight!!!!

We are going camping this weekend too :) In lovely West Virginia. We will be tubing down the Shenandoah saturday with a cooler filled with beer...trouble I think so :drinker:
    I am happy that we are all responsible for our own food, SO I can atleast monitor what I'm eating.

Camping trip just got cancelled due to the weather, BOOO!!!!!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Dayum, Yvonne! You look awesome!!

I know...half beers. :embarassed: I'm breaking the lush constitution. I've had a craving for one, but then about 1/2 way through, I start feeling guilty--oh, I haven't worked out, I ate like crap, so I put the bottle in the fridge and drink the other half the next day. So, I'm not wasting it!!

Last night was a bit lushy...I had 1/2 a beer before dinner, a beer at dinner (at a friend's house--dinner club night) and then I had 2 shots of Tuaca with the hubs when I got home.

Sunday=1/2
    Monday=1/2
    Tuesday=1/2
    Wednesday=3 1/2

Tonight is back to school night again, so either I'll go home and crash or drink a lot!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Ok, we will forgive you since the beer isn't going to waste. :wink:

I made it through last night without drinking but I really really really wanted some wine. The Fiance was out playing Bball with the guys and I was watching a chick flick after the little one went to bed and wine sounded so good!! What is it about chick flicks that require wine? :laugh:

So I made a compromise, I held off last night and will hold off tonight and have 2 glasses on Friday. :Drinker: Sounds fair to me!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Ok well I've done well this week detoxing from the absolutely horrific amounts of alcohol consumed last weekend. I had a total of 2 glasses of wine since Sunday. I got on the scale and it hasn't moved upward, even after all that partying last weekend.
    Tonight I will drink.
    I'm finally back to the exercise routine. That hamstring pull was a real killer.

And Yvonne, you look fantastic!! Love those guns.
    Happy almost weekend everyone. Mine starts tonite. :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    80's bar crawl last weekend, girlfriend get together tomorrow, send off cookout for Kyle's sister Saturday, beer & chili challenge Sunday and Vegas for a week next weekend. Phew! Busy but very fun month =] haven't worked out this week yet but went hard last week. Think I may kick my butt in gear and hop on my bike in a bit.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yvonne's belly is hot hot hot. Totally lushing it up tonight peeps, oh yeh. :drinker: :drinker:
  • Mbrownie84
    Mbrownie84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI! I am brand new on here and this group seems where I might fit in :). I love me some beer, gin, champagne, whiskey...anything with an alcohol content makes me a happy camper...but as much as I love happy hours and drinking in the park with friends, I know that it's the leading cause to the extra pounds in my middle. I am looking to cut back, but not out...because, well, that doesn't sound so fun to me right now :)

So hi! Nice to meet you all!

-Michelle
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Yewwwwwwwwwww wine! Look at me now, I'm gettin paperrrrr!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Oh so bummed. I have put almost all the weight I lost since this time last year (34 pounds) back on. I haven't updated my ticker because then I am admitting defeat. I have to get back into this and get this weight back off and have it stay off. I know that I worked out too much (5-6 hours a day) last time and couldn't maintain that now that I am back at work. But now I am back to not working out at all. I need to get my *kitten* in gear. It's so hard when you work. I know all of you do and I am so impressed by how well you all do. Thanks for the opportunity to cry.:sad:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Robin, I know its hard, but you know what you have to do it get back there and we all know you can do it!! Keep your chin up Girl!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-16oz of wine
    Wednesday-16oz of wine
    Thursday-12oz of wine AND 1 smurfette on the rag....this is my new favorite drink. Its delicious and refreshing and low cal

2oz of Blueberry vodka
    4oz of Crystal Light Lemonade
    Splash of Diet Cranberry
    Lots of ice
    143 calories-WINNING :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am in Chicago this week. I will need dialysis - or - liver transplant when I return :ohwell:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I am in Chicago this week. I will need dialysis - or - liver transplant when I return :ohwell:

Haha sounds like you are having a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Have fun in Chi-Town, Kim!!!!!!!

Welcome, Michelle!!

Okay, the Smurfette on the Rag sounds delicious...but the name. Ew! :laugh: (And I happen to have some Blueberry vodka...)

Hubs and I are kidless tonight--we're taking an 8 hour CPR/First Aid class tomorrow so we can coach. Blargh. I think he's hitting happy hour with his boys and I'm going to go for a long-as$ bike ride and then relax with some drinks.

So far this week:
    Sunday=1/2
    Monday=1/2
    Tuesday=1/2
    Wednesday=3 1/2
    Thursday=2 (shots of Tuaca)
  • kblue2007
    Options

Okay, the Smurfette on the Rag sounds delicious...but the name. Ew! :laugh: (And I happen to have some Blueberry vodka...)

Ha my husband and his cousins sat around for a long time to come up with that one :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night=0 drinks. That is the first day in a long time!
    TGIF, Lushies!
  • Mbrownie84
    Mbrownie84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have to ask..WHAT is in a smurfette on the rag???

I played a soccer game last night for a local pub and it's kinda hard to turn down the free pint after...soccer + free beer? Heaven. I burned all those calories off at the game, right?

I notice people are tallying drinks on here...is the goal to try and hit 0 drinks? Can anyone play? Do you post it once a week or just whenever you post?

Thanks! My n00b is showing...

-Michelle
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I have to ask..WHAT is in a smurfette on the rag???

I played a soccer game last night for a local pub and it's kinda hard to turn down the free pint after...soccer + free beer? Heaven. I burned all those calories off at the game, right?

I notice people are tallying drinks on here...is the goal to try and hit 0 drinks? Can anyone play? Do you post it once a week or just whenever you post?

Thanks! My n00b is showing...

-Michelle

Smurfette on the Rag
    2oz of Blueberry Vodka
    4oz of Crystal Light Lemonade
    Splash of diet Cranberry ( I use oean spray diet sparkling cranberry)
    Lots of ice
    143 calories :happy:

I think everyone has a different reason for posting their beverage tallys. Some are trying to not have any while others are trying to limit. I do it....hmmm not sure why I do :laugh: but I like to see it written down...all the days in a row!!!!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Faith!!!! drunk posting again. Remember you have a final weigh in next week. :laugh: How about the day after we all do a group lushy posting night?

Kasi, hope you haven't left yet, go buy an extra bottle. Better to be safe than sorry. You're making memories with your sister, you want to remember how much fun you had or that you ran out of booze? :drinker:

Michelle, I think some people were wanting to stay under so many drinks per week so started counting. I can't remember after 5 so no since in me counting. :bigsmile:

Robin, it's hard to get going again once you have stopped exercising. Hope you can find some motivation to get moving again. Maybe spend some time over in the motivation and sucess area?
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Debbie, I just got back from the liquor store and I bought half a gallon of vodka and half a gallon of some premixed cosmo stuff. It looked good so I bought it.... not sure what the calories are but i'm not too concerned. I'll just run up and down the sand dune a couple extra times:wink::drinker: