Like Minded Lushes August 2011

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So, is this group trying to drink less in order to lose weight, or lose weight without drinking less? I'm in the second group, though I've already met my fitness goal. I am still slowing losing more and I'm not unhappy about it. But I'm not giving up my wine, or the occasional other alcoholic beverage.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Kasi, that's awesome! Congrats on being in the finals!

I'm currently enjoying a Blue Moon Honey Wheat and then when the kids go to bed, I'm going to eat Salt and Vinegar chips whilst folding laundry and watching True Blood. :drinker:

I love you img-1215846256.gif Blue Moon and True Blood...you are awesome!

Nice rack btw! :wink:

Hello to the rest of the lushes! :drinker:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Oh and my count is

Sunday 0
    Monday 0

Looking pretty good for the rest of the week since I have started my workouts in the morning and 5am comes early. I'll most likely be hitting the sack earlier too.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    What a great group! I love how realistic you all are! For me, eating healthier is a lifestyle. And my lifestyle includes wine and that's not going to change! Friday I will be attending Vintage Ohio - an all day wine festival. This will be my 6th year going, and I look forward to it every year. I will be drinking wine and eating festival food, and I'm not going to worry about it. Happy drinking everyone!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Have had quite a lushy week. :laugh: Followed by McDonalds hangover cures. Bad, bad, bad. I think I will be out of Kim's competition this week. :wink: Good luck Kasi :smile:
    WHAT! You just got back in... don't give up! I'm not doing so great either though. I think I might maintain but nothing great. Damn drinks... they really cause some serious chaos for weight loss!:grumble: :wink:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hello friends and happy August!

I feel a little like I failed you all....on Sunday I did the warrior dash and you get a free beer at the end. Well it was 105 degree heat index and I so exhausted/hot/tired/dehydrated that I gave away my free beer :( In hindsight, it was the right decision but still, I don't believe in not taking free beer!

Went out once last weekend so here's my count for last week:

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 4 beers
    Friday - 1 cider, 5 vodka waters
    Saturday - 0
    Sunday - 0

Getting there!

This week my kickball league starts and I have a music festival. Stayed tuned for lushiness.
    Kickball league? Never heard of such a thing! I wonder if they have it here... I love that game! It's so much easier to kick a big ball with your foot compared to that damn ity-bity ball with a stupid stick:wink:

And I agree... I think you did break a Lush Law!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    August thread already?! This summer is flying by.

Had a bottle of wine last night during Shark Week, have a family get together Friday and there will be more drinks throughout the weekend. August is busy for us, we have a Beer and Chili thing to go to for our friends birthday, my bestfriend is having a tiki party again this year and we're planning a trip to Vegas and California. Before I know it, it'll be September and almost time to put my Halloween decorations up! =] It's my favorite holiday and I can't wait :devil:
    Halloween is my favorite too! I use to put up tons of decorations but one year while I was out with the kids trick-or-treating someone came by my house and tried to steal a huge dancing skeleton from my porch. I had done the whole porch with lights, webs, and other stuff so when they took him he got tangled and they didn't get too far but it really hurt my feelings. I feel like when I decorate, i'm doing it for everyone to enjoy not destroy. Anyway, last year my family decided to start having Halloween parties at my house so now I can decorate again because not everyone goes out with the kids.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    What a great group! I love how realistic you all are! For me, eating healthier is a lifestyle. And my lifestyle includes wine and that's not going to change! Friday I will be attending Vintage Ohio - an all day wine festival. This will be my 6th year going, and I look forward to it every year. I will be drinking wine and eating festival food, and I'm not going to worry about it. Happy drinking everyone!
    Oooh look at you and your TWO diamond rings! Drink on and have fun.... Your right it's a lifestyle change, we can't pretend any different:flowerforyou:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    August thread already?! This summer is flying by.

Had a bottle of wine last night during Shark Week, have a family get together Friday and there will be more drinks throughout the weekend. August is busy for us, we have a Beer and Chili thing to go to for our friends birthday, my bestfriend is having a tiki party again this year and we're planning a trip to Vegas and California. Before I know it, it'll be September and almost time to put my Halloween decorations up! =] It's my favorite holiday and I can't wait :devil:
    Halloween is my favorite too! I use to put up tons of decorations but one year while I was out with the kids trick-or-treating someone came by my house and tried to steal a huge dancing skeleton from my porch. I had done the whole porch with lights, webs, and other stuff so when they took him he got tangled and they didn't get too far but it really hurt my feelings. I feel like when I decorate, i'm doing it for everyone to enjoy not destroy. Anyway, last year my family decided to start having Halloween parties at my house so now I can decorate again because not everyone goes out with the kids.

So sad what people decide to do with their time. I mean c'mon. Nobody sees our house so I just had some spiderwebs with spiders on our porch last year. Thinking we'll put lights down the driveway so it's not so spooky and maybe we'll actually get some trick or treaters this year. I decorate inside and we always have a Halloween party. I also watch Hocus Pocus, Nightmare Before Christmas and the Halloween town movies like nobody's business.

As for drinks tonight, I opened a bottle of wine, not sure if I'll polish it off or not. Just found out from my mom that a highschool friend commited suicide last week. Hard to believe, it's the 3rd person, another guy I knew from highschool that was also a child hood friend of my boyfriends, commited suicide a few years ago and another that went to school (same highschool) with both of them commited suicide shortly after. It's a hard thing to wrap my head around.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello Lushes, just found you for August. Must go drink, see you soon! :laugh:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Have had quite a lushy week. :laugh: Followed by McDonalds hangover cures. Bad, bad, bad. I think I will be out of Kim's competition this week. :wink: Good luck Kasi :smile:
    WHAT! You just got back in... don't give up! I'm not doing so great either though. I think I might maintain but nothing great. Damn drinks... they really cause some serious chaos for weight loss!:grumble: :wink:
    I know. I had abdominal pain for about 10 days and spent hundreds of $ on no answers, a new manager at work which has killed my motivation and everything has just felt so glum and crap. It's like I've been self sabotaging especially today. I had maccas today for the third time this week just because I'd had a really **** day at work and I was fed up. I haven't exercised all week because I feel run down and tired. When I get home I just want to be a blob and take my mind off work.

Hopefully next week I can get back on track, though I have two birthday dinners involving restaurants with awesome food. :frown:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    That sucks Faith!!! Hope you feel everything gets better for you soon!!!

Monday-5oz of wine
    Tuesday-12oz of wine
    Wednesday-16oz--Husband is working late, soooooo I drink :wink:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Kickball league? Never heard of such a thing! I wonder if they have it here... I love that game! It's so much easier to kick a big ball with your foot compared to that damn ity-bity ball with a stupid stick:wink:

And I agree... I think you did break a Lush Law!

Haha, yeah, they are pretty big in my area for young people! The league's subtitle is "we like big red balls" and my team is the "rubber busters" (all the other teams are innuendo too). You drink beer the whole time then go to dollar beer night. It's going to be a lushy few months of Thursdays!

I love Halloween too! Mostly because its an excuse to get dressed up. The last two years have been pretty epic. If I knew how to post pics I would show yall!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    So, is this group trying to drink less in order to lose weight, or lose weight without drinking less? I'm in the second group, though I've already met my fitness goal. I am still slowing losing more and I'm not unhappy about it. But I'm not giving up my wine, or the occasional other alcoholic beverage.

Um, both? Some people are doing the first, some are doing the second, some are doing a hybrid of the two. It's really just for people that drink and still want to lose weight, get healthy, etc.

I didn't have anything last night...which was weird.

My little boy started Kindergarten today!! I'm all :heart: and :sad: and :smile: at the same time.

So my count thus far:
    Sunday=0

I'd really like to cut my weeknight drinking to 2 nights a week (minimum) and then have free reign on the weekends. We'll see how that goes.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    ((((((((((Faith))))))))) Keep on, sister. It will get better.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    {{Hugs}} Faith. hug_smiley.gif[img]Sooo last night...the AC stopped working and it still felt like 90 degrees outside at 9pm (it was 80 in the house) So I had a rum and coke to make me not care. :tongue: Sunday 0 Monday 0 Tuesday 1[/img]
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=4 bud lites

Not sure about drinking tonight, but definitely margs tomorrow!

I love halloween too, I have a pair of white-out contact lenses and they are so fun and look so freaky, I was a zombie last year and a vampire the year before that.

I tried a new drink last weekend, whiskey and ginger ale. I never like whiskey before but this was pretty tasty!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Faith, they couldn't figure anything out regarding your stomach pains? They checked for appendicitus right? I had one for almost two weeks that they couldn't figure out until it actually ruptured! It was pretty ugly. I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker. It reallys sucks when you have a negative person around because it super hard for you to rise above them and be positive.

Amy, My youngest starts Kindergarten in Sept. I'm so excited for him. He has 3 older siblings so he has been looking forward to school for the last couple of years. My biggest concern is daycare though.... I hate the idea of half days. I mean really, in this day and age how many parents can afford to be stay-home moms and dads or $400+ for half day of daycare. I understand these little guys can't sit though a whole day of lessons but damn... It's really got me stressed out obviously:grumble: :wink:
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    this is an awesome thread! never knew there were so many people with a starving love for drinking, in a "healthy" way. I've always been somewhat of a heavy drinker. I recently just completed a thirty day no alcohol cleanse, by choice, and feel amazing. I had a few drinks last weekend at a wedding (i'm quite the light weight now). I felt more in control and didnt lose track of my other healthy goals.

Party on MFP fam! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • jbanne
    jbanne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just saw this topic Title. Fits me to a T. Love my "adult beverage" and I am just getting back to using this website, stopped for no good reason. Beverages are a downfall for me. I did WW about 4 years ago and always left a few points at the end of the day for one beverage. Now, I just log everything and I am noticing that the summer is a killer to have a cold drink on a hot day, especially when my husband is enjoying one.

Since back on this site, I have started to have one glass of wine, which is half wine/half sparkling water. Fizz fills me up and I get to enjoy a little wine in my wine glass.

Hope this stays up and running because I have decided, today, that I am going to make losing weight my full-time job for the next 10 weeks. Once there, if I get there, to keep it off through the holidays and hopefully beyond! I need a game-changer and hopefully focusing on what is going in my pie-hole will help me globally!