Like Minded Lushes August 2011

Options

Replies

• scraplink
    Options
    The suicide conversation is too wierd, a gal I went to high school with committed suicide a few days ago . . . you just never know what people are thinking . . .
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My nephew's dad who died last week was suicide (though I didn't mention that in last post) also hence the rough week cals/drinks wise. I felt more for my nephew losing his dad, as he was my sister's ex for a reason. Also I've been there and I think it sucks hard if someone didn't reach out, despite their flaws. I think you have to be so in distress (though I was and needed 3 yrs off work) but I still couldn't due to guilt of leaving loved ones and sisters who have been mentally ill/depressed behind as I'd ruin them more. To me suicide is so beyond help, which is truly awful. I wonder their mindset. Was it so overwhelmingly sudden? Had it been thought of for a while. Damn men mostly, as they don't reach out. They suffer the most I think due to pride and not asking for help.

RIP to your friends.

No one understands unless they have been there, if you have, in a way it is comforting they are at peace. Controversial topic, but like I said, been there in a massive way. I didn't think I'd hit 30 yet here I am 32! YAY!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Suicide, so sad and such a heavy topic!! I'm sorry for all those who lost loved ones and friends!!!!! Faith, I'm glad you were able to put things in perspective and that you are still here today!!!! :flowerforyou:

Last night, I went off the deep end...........too many pretzels and too much wine, considering I was already over calories from lunch!!!

Monday-5oz
    Tuesday-12oz
    Wednesday-12oz
    Thursday-1 SUPER HUGE (and Strong) margarita and 12oz of wine
    Friday-3 vodka with crystal light lemonade and diet pomegrante/blueberry juice.

I have left a really big deficit to kind of make up for yesterday and killed at the gym this morning. Hopefully, the scale will move in the right direction tomorrow :happy:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    hey, kblue, I had a huge marg last night too! and then came home and had two miller lites. why? I don't know...
    If we go to the baseball game tonight there'll be beer for sure, and not so great food choices...
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :frown: Sorry for your losses. :flowerforyou:

An old coworker of my Mom's committed suicide on Monday. It was really shocking as he had recently gotten married. :frown: It is so hard to understand.

I did really good last night. I went out to Sushi with a friend and didn't bring my usual bottle of wine! (it helps that the friend is preggo and wouldn't have been drinking with me. :laugh: )

Sun 0
    Mon 0
    Tues 1
    Wed 0
    Thurs 0

Friday--Hoping for only 2 glasses of wine. fingersx.gif
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    <peeks head in>

HELLO LUSHES! Did you miss me? Most of you are probably thinking "who the F is Surly?" Lets just call me old school Like Minded Lushes. Do you realize this thread has been around for an entire year? Props to Yvonne, RJ, and whoever else had a hand in that.

Just thought I'd say hi. I've been riding the wagon all week (long story), my first time going 5 days without so much as a single beer in longer than I can remember and lo and behold look at the scale move!

It's good to be home. :drinker:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    :

I did really good last night. I went out to Sushi with a friend and didn't bring my usual bottle of wine! (it helps that the friend is preggo and wouldn't have been drinking with me. :laugh: )

Lack of funds also helps (yes I saw THAT post lol). And sorry, I believe you were also original LML!
  • tashjs21
    Options
    :

Lack of funds also helps (yes I saw THAT post lol). And sorry, I believe you were also original LML!

:laugh: That did help!
  • tashjs21
    Options
    <peeks head in>

HELLO LUSHES! Did you miss me? Most of you are probably thinking "who the F is Surly?" Lets just call me old school Like Minded Lushes. Do you realize this thread has been around for an entire year? Props to Yvonne, RJ, and whoever else had a hand in that.

Just thought I'd say hi. I've been riding the wagon all week (long story), my first time going 5 days without so much as a single beer in longer than I can remember and lo and behold look at the scale move!

hi501.gif Congratulations on the scale moving!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!! This was a rough week....went through almost a bottle and a half of merlot monday-thursday and I'm sure the weekend wont be any better! did pretty good with eating all week though on the plus side :)
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Dropped in to say HI to all my lushie friends!! :drinker:

No I didn't fall into the bottle of my Grey Goose!!
    I did however, have a pretty nasty hamstring injury, which had me sidelined for quite a few days. I don't think I put on *too* much weight during that time..but it sure has been slow going getting back into the groove of things.

I'm taking it slow so as not to re-injure myself.
    Heading to the pool now to get in some exercise.

Wine tonight for sure!!
    TGIF and I hope everyone is doing well!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    <peeks head in>

It's good to have you home :happy:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP message boards and this is the first one that feels like home!

Seriously, I firmly believe that too much drinking is part of my belly problem, so part of my diet is cutting back, but I don't want to cut it out entirely.

Well said. Thanks for the thread btw.
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    Well I think I'm keeping it moderate, but the notion of cutting out alcohol for more than a day is more than I can bear!

What's my running total this week?

Monday - 1 G&T
    Tuesday - A small beer
    Wednesday - Half a bottle of wine
    Thursday - 2 Dark n Stormy (ohhh how I love these)
    Friday - Half a bottle of wine

Sorry to hear some of you have been through a sad and stressful time. My drinking has no 'cause' - apart from a desire to wind down after work or time with my manic 4-year-old :-D
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    <peeks head in>

It's good to have you home :happy:
    Ditto!

For those of you who don't know, Dave started this thread. I took it over when he was too busy after a couple of months and have kept it going. (until I had no computer and Amy did it for me this month) Essentially this thread is his baby. So here's to Papa Surly! smiley-eatdrink048.gif
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    When I started it was Mamma Lush (RJ) but it's good to meet Papa Lush (Surley)

Cheers to both of you. Had a wonderful evenging with Gramma, Uncle, Aunt, Mom and boyfriend. Love, love LOVE family get togethers =] still thinking about Jeremy and looking at his picture just scrambles my mind even more but I at some point have to come to terms with it.

I truely thank you all for being here, and though I've not met you in person, I love each and every one of you for all that you do for me =]
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Well, I went out to the bar for dinner last night, and I only had one beer.

So I'm now at
    Sun - 0
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0
    Wed -0
    Thurs - 1 23oz Belgian triple
    Fri - 1 23oz Belgian ale
    Sat -

Well, we're planning on going back to the bar tonight. It's UFC night and my husband wants to watch. I'll probably bring a book. This means I'll probably have 2 more beers. Maybe more.

But I do feel like I've had a really good week otherwise weight wise. I've had 4 really good workouts that I think burned a lot of calories. I've eaten pretty well, too. I guess I'll just have to wait until Monday and see what the numbers look like on the scale, right??
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Last nighI was sweet tea vodka and diet lemonade. sooo good. Well it looks like summer lasted all of one week. it is gray and cloudy and cooler again.

I am starting to settle into the job but I still don't have a clue as to what I am going to be doing:ohwell:

have a great lushy weekend all
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Lots of wine last night. Dos Equis at lunch today and going out to dinner tonight.

Dedicating a super long workout to our 31 U.S. fallen heros. R.I.P. Prayers go out to the families involved.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    First time in my life yesterday I opened a bottle of wine that was soooo bad (not corked) that I threw the rest of the glass full away, trust me it must have been bad, I've drunk some poor wines in my time as I can't bear to throw alcohol away :blushing: . Then opened some red, but even that didn't go down well. Have managed 2 glasses of rose tonight which is rather delicious but my lushy mojo seems to be hiding again at the moment.