Do you wear you wedding ring to the gym?

Options

Replies

• Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I never take mine off for the sole reason that I am bound to lose it. I have what looks like a permanent blister/rough skin just below my finger where it digs in/rubs =(
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I wear my ring, Its my second one, the first one got too big during my first attempt to lose weight a few years ago, and I got my second from TitaniumKay.com for about $50 (give or take) and I will probably have to buy a new one from them again when I get to the 200# mark. (Still on the same wife.)

Tungsten Carbide, much heavier than my original white gold ring, and it can take a beating. (and it was cheap, which helps)
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    only time my ring comes off is for cleaning, or if I am working with raw meat :)
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've stopped wearing mine to the gym for two reasons. 1)my finger has gotten smaller and it slides off. 2)I've smashed/bent rings from lifting. I also take it off to shower/dishes/etc. I don't wear necklaces, or any jewelry to the gym, so that's not an option for me. My husband doesn't care as I always come home to him. I have thought about getting a tattoo for when I don't wear it. But honestly, I don't get hit on at the gym.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I wear mine, yes. My husband wears his too. He bought a chain to put it on for the days that he lifts so he can have it regardless... i don't think not wearing it would mean he loved me any less though... its a personal preference :)
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    My dad is a welder .. and he welded his ring to his truck about 10 years ago .. the melted gold burned a ring shaped scar on his finger .. he doesn't wear a ring any more and when people ask about the scar he says “love hurts”
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I wear my engagement ring there to serve as some extra motivation to keep going those last few miles/minutes.
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I do most of the time except when I use a weighted bar. Hurts like heck.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My ring is already too big since I lost weight, and it is very uncomfortable to wear while lifting. I just have to break all the boys' hearts when I tell them I am single :wink:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I never wear jewelry to the gym, and that includes my wedding and engagement rings.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I don't wear mine, because one time when I was doing an aerobics class, my ring flew off my hand!!!! Everybody in there was scrambling around looking for it. Never again.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Nope, I never wear it. We bought really nice ones but didn't think of how heavy they would be. My husbands is too tight and now mine is too lose, but it weighs a ton and it makes me finger feel achy.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    depends if I am coming from work or going into work right after. (can't wear rings to work) I have been asked before if I was married, I was flattered but let her know Yes, Happily :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My fingers gets swell too much when I'm working out and it gets uncomfortable mighty quickly, so I take em off. I don't go to a gym but I'd probably wear them on a chain if I remembered do to that.

What I wear on my finger does not determine my faithfulness.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I never wore my wedding ring to the gym or when we did physical things *ie tree trimming etc.
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    No I am too afraid of damaging them. Plus, the more white gold gets scratched the sooner it needs to be replated.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I used to wear mine all the time, but since I've started lifting heavier, I've started taking it off. I used to put it onto my watch strap, but I'm worried I'll lose it, so now I just leave it at home on heavy lift days.

I talked to my husband about it first, asked him if he'd mind and he didn't... so now I don't worry about it. If I forget to put it back on after my shower I do feel naked without it though.

Also, I've lost enough weight that it's quite loose so I am worried it might fly off if I fling my arms around too much.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I wear a pretty massive ring as my wedding band, so I take it off when I lift, as it does interfere with the big lifts.

But as soon as I get back in the car, back on it goes.
  • Runnerslove
    Options
    Only when I wear my Ring Wrapper. It completely protects my rings from getting scratched on the equipment. I love it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No. Actually the only time I wear my wedding ring is when I'm getting dressed up to go out. I used to wear it all the time when I worked but since I'm self employed and work from home there's no reason for it.