Do you wear you wedding ring to the gym?

Options

Replies

• jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear mine at all, nor does my husband. Nothing wrong with that, we've been very happily married for 9 years.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, but I don't like having my wedding ring on while I work out. It just feels weird and uncomfortable when I'm holding weights.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I wear mine everywhere, including the gym. I lost my original, expensive wedding band - the one that matched my wife's - earlier in the yea because I ignored her pleas to get it resized since I had lost a significant amount of weight. After 15+ years of abuse it was pretty beat up. I replaced it with a tungsten carbide one I picked up for $35 and you couldn't bend, scratch or dull this ring if you tried. I don't lift with gloves either, but I'm so used to wearing it after all these years that I don't even notice it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Only bumping this because I got asked out yesterday by gym member who I've conversed with for a long time, but have never talked about personal relationships. Usually talk was about exercise, football and the Warriors. Good ego bump for me though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    Nope but than again I'm not married so there is that.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nope, it feels tight to me when I run and my hands poof up a bit, and lifting weights it would drive me crazy. I pretty much only wear it to work and when I dress nice. I usually take it off when I get home from work and start cooking, most weekends I barely wear it since I am at the farm, or working in the yard, or doing chores of some form.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I do. Mine is brushed titanium and more than up to whatever wear I put it through. It's a large part of why I got the ring I got.

w0r5t2cdrw43.png
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I do, mostly because I never take it off and I'm afraid I'd lose it if I did. But when I've done certain strength activities I've had to take it off for the reps so I could hold the bar comfortably.

Also, I'd hope it acts as a deterrent from unwanted "gym advice" from men.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I find jewelry in all its forms to be a nuisance. I haven't wore my wedding ring for the entire 39 years of our married life. And with looks like mine, there's no threat of anyone "hitting on" me :smiley:
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I have some silicone rings that I wear to the gym. The thought of it being stolen out of my locker or worse, shattering my diamond on a weight or piece of equipment, terrifies me.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Only bumping this because I got asked out yesterday by gym member who I've conversed with for a long time, but have never talked about personal relationships. Usually talk was about exercise, football and the Warriors. Good ego bump for me though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

When’s your date ??
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Yes, I wear mine.

It matches all of my gold chains, glitzy bracelets, oversized watches and large, gold hoop earrings.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I never wear my ring at the gym or when I am competing. Years ago, I broke a prong and lost a diamond. I was extremely lucky to find the diamond but it scared me so I avoid wearing it when it could be damaged. I have a tattoo on my wedding finger so I am still honoring my husband.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I just scream about being married while I loudly remind the ladies at the gym that my eyes are up *here*

But I've seen the weakness thread, I know how dangerous THAT can be, so I always stay cautious--guarded.

Like a cat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I wear mine, but I wear a silicon ring. I lost my actual wedding ring years ago; I wasn't wearing it because I had lost weight and it slid off all the time, but that was annoying my wife. I couldn't re-size because it was titanium...so I started wearing it again and it slipped off somewhere.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I wear three rings on the ring finger of my left hand. My engagement ring (an emerald cut diamond set with baguettes in a platinum band...a simple platinum wedding band, and an anniversary band of small channel set diamonds all the way around. I rarely wear my rings to workout. If it's just a zumba or barre class, it's not an issue, but when I lift weights the bands sometimes pinch my skin or rub to build a callus. Plus I once lost one of the channel set diamonds in my anniversary band, and while I had it replaced, I don't want to risk knocking another out.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I do, but I have an extremely practical and humble wedding band and a unity ring that don't interfere with my workouts or make me worry I'm going to lose a setting or *kitten* it up somehow.
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I do but it always goes in my bra as I'm walking out of the changing room! If I forgert to take it off, it comes off immediately I wrap my fingers round a bar and again into my bra it goes!
  • TheMattyExperiment
    TheMattyExperiment Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Home gym but I take mine off because it affects my deadlift grip and I don’t want to scratch it to hell. The knurling on my bar is like a cheese grater lol
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yes, I rarely take my ring off! Have worn the same wedding ring for 42 years.