Moms over 40.....

Options
12345679»

Replies

• modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Trina...how wonderful that you and your husband are on this journey together. One of my biggest struggles was my husband being so thin. Can't tell how many times I felt like strangling him when he mention how his pants were getting lose and needing a smaller size. It was a struggle knowing I weighed more than him. My youngest is 10 and I tipped the scales and about 185 just before he was born. I'm only 5'2!!! One of my victories along this journey was finally weighing less than him!!!

If my husband wasn't doing this along with me I think I would have failed by now. I think now it's turned into a little competition. Of course he's losing more than me but men always do. It's so unfair. LOL. I'm about ready to start a second round of the 30 day shred. The first round I wasn't able to do it in 30 days straight, but this time I'm determined. Good luck to all you wonder mothers over 40.
  • kj_4
    kj_4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes, Mom over 40 here too. I am 47 with 4 kids - 19,17,13 and 8. I started MFP just before my 47th birthday just over a month ago and I have lost 15.5 pounds so far. Gained and lost so many times, I have lost count. Seems when I gain, it goes higher everytime - so no more. MFP has been my lifeline in helping me track my calories, stay motivated and on track. I often read the success stories and it really gives me inspiration to keep going and maybe one day, I can post some before and after photos. I have been doing pretty well with sticking to my calorie limit, but I need to get exercising more. So thanks to everyone who posts, as it does give me inspiration to know that I am not alone and that many others are finding some great success. Also, there has been some great support when things have not gone so well and just when I am struggling to deal with a hectic life with 3 teenagers!! Thanks MFP's!!
    Kathy:flowerforyou:
  • rdvincent
    Options
    ladies, I am struggling to find time to get everything done around my house, I have an 8 and 3 yr old at home and care for an 86 yr old,full time she's paralyzed on her left side with dementia, so with keeping house, homework and stuff, I've found that the first person I don't take care of is me.
    my husband works and I can't leave the 86 yr old alone so everything is done at home, which leads to stress I may add! which leads to eating bad at times, how do you all balance it. bring on the ideas so I can get back on track!
    thanks
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You really do have your hands full. I am so sorry to hear that. Try to keep only healthy food and snacks in the house to avoid that stress eating. Make sure you keep measuring all the food you eat best you can, maybe pre-measure if you can when things are quiet and you have the moment. Can you get your exercise in when your husband is home? Sounds like you'd sure enjoy a walk or run or some sort of exercise out of the house. What about getting up in the morning just a little earlier and getting your exercise in then, even if it's only for 15 minutes at least it's something.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Vic...everyone needs to find what works for them, that's for sure. But there is no replacement for portion control and exercise. This is a lifelong process. Just because it's a holiday or one's birthday doesn't mean you should over-indulge. Yes we all do it from time to time, but we must for the most part do our best to remain in control. Best of luck to you!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have trouble keeping weight off during the holidays, all of that wonderful holiday food simply entices me to over eat, I know I will need help avoiding all of those holiday treats, then I run across this add on the internet for RocaLabs Gastric Bypass Diet formula, through my research I discovered the reason this diet works, it simply makes you feel full an satisfied, you do not eat as much nor as often, finally someone invented a product that targets the reason we all over eat and once you get at the root of the problem, you can solve the problem. In reality this is the most logical solution, so I ordered the product and only 2 days into it, I am not hungry nor do I want to snack. Every One this is the best plan out there.

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
  • mom2jjl
    mom2jjl Posts: 48
    Options
    BUMP because I want to read this at home tonight on my Kindle Fire! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!
  • Karen1157
    Karen1157 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hay there everyone. Mom over 40 with around 50 pounds to lose. Looking for friends that want to take control over their health. I want to lose but be heathy, wise and fit. I am not one for giving up once I have mad up my mind. My mind is mad up! It is never to late to get back in shape, feel good about yourself, life and a pair of skinny jeans. LOL!
  • Karen1157
    Karen1157 Posts: 5
    Options
    You look great ! Way to go!!!!
  • jgmom2
    jgmom2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i am also 43 with a 10 year old and 14 year old. I have lost 41 pounds as well and feel amazing. I have about 20-30 more to go. 20 more would make me happy , 30 more i would be overjoyed. It has been a lifestyle change and one that i will not falter from. I love the way i feel and beginning to like the way I look as well. I weigh in every morning. I find that it keeps me accountable. Good luck with the rest of your journey. You look fantastic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!