• Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 3 its my new favorite

Haha it's our new favorite too!!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the great references and support! All your responses we're very helpful. I just did day 2 of Week 2 today, and wow am I sore, but luckily tomorrow is Saturday and since I don't have to work, I can still work out, but not at 5:00am like I have to do during the week!

It's great to have a supportive community, thank you for all the wisdom, and to everyone who is working hard through Week 1, 2 and beyond, hang in there!

Congrats! I just did day 3 week 2 as well as aeroboxing a couple of hours later. I'm wrecked... Feeling it in my abs (that might also be from other workouts too) but i'm loving the burn!!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Week 4 day 2. Love this one! My abs hurt in places I didn't I had which is a good sign. I can't believe I am in the final week of this thing! I'm trying to decide what to rotate to next, 6 week 6 pack or shred it with weights. Any thoughts?
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Week 4 day 2. Love this one! My abs hurt in places I didn't I had which is a good sign. I can't believe I am in the final week of this thing! I'm trying to decide what to rotate to next, 6 week 6 pack or shred it with weights. Any thoughts?
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I plan on combining all of them into a rotation. I have an idea of what to do. I just haven't written it out yet because I still have one more week. I'll post later if you're interested
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide what to do as well. I just finished Week 4 day 4. I'm going to rotate the weeks for now until I don't cry during any of them anymore. LOL. I like the way week 3 works my triceps. Weeks 2 and 4 have killer cardio circuits. I've increased to a 5 lb weight. There are just a few moves in them where I have to follow the modified version (like anything with a push up) and I'd like to get better at that. I'm kind of wanting to try some of her others. I've even been looking into the insanity dvds lately. I must be crazy!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    I'll be doing week 2 day 4 tonight. My diet destroyed me this weekend lol but I did bust my *kitten* working out so I don't feel too guilty. Gotta get back on track this week, eat clean and work hard. Family coming to visit me over labor day weekend and I want them to be pleasantly surprised!
  • sweetchick06
    sweetchick06 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I hop you had a great weekend!

I got all of my workouts in this weekend:
    Friday: C25K Week 3 Day 2 and JM 6 Weeks 6 Pack Level 1
    Saturday: Ripped Level 1 Day 7 (couldn't find Level 2, it was hiding under the couch!) and JM 6 Weeks 6 Pack Level 1
    Sunday: C25K Week 3 Day 3 and JM 6 Weeks 6 Pack Level 1

Today is day of rest for me, woo hoo!
  • sweetchick06
    Options

What areas are you looking to improve upon? I have both DVDs. I would said to do the Shred it with weights. I don't use the 6 week 6 pack as a stand alone workout, I use it as a supplement. For example, i will do Ripped and skip Ripped's cool down and switch of to 6 week 6 pack. I haven't gone back to the Shred it With Weights in awhile, simply because I got if for Mother's Day along with a bunch of other new DVDs. I did Level 1 Shred it With Weights for just one week and saw some nice definition in my shoulders. After I finish my Ripped circuit I am going to Shred It With Weights.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just got Ripped in the mail today (at work ha!) and so I'll be starting it tonight as I wind down my 30ds. I'm nearing the end of my 2nd time with 30ds. I did the first round in March and had great results, not so much this time. Have toned but no large pound loss and found myself bored by week 2. Moved levels earlier than 10 days out of boredom and muscles not being challenged. I'm super excited for this new Jillian video as I love her and the way she sets her workouts up. I haven't gotten a chance to read through all the posts like I'd like as I'm still at work but I'm wondering for those who have done both ripped and 30ds which their body responded to more. I know everyone is different but you know. Also, did anyone follow the diet plan exactly? I don't do well under strict diets, I like to allow for there to be cravings met if need be just in moderation. More of a life style than a diet ya know?
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just got Ripped in the mail today (at work ha!) and so I'll be starting it tonight as I wind down my 30ds. I'm nearing the end of my 2nd time with 30ds. I did the first round in March and had great results, not so much this time. Have toned but no large pound loss and found myself bored by week 2. Moved levels earlier than 10 days out of boredom and muscles not being challenged. I'm super excited for this new Jillian video as I love her and the way she sets her workouts up. I haven't gotten a chance to read through all the posts like I'd like as I'm still at work but I'm wondering for those who have done both ripped and 30ds which their body responded to more. I know everyone is different but you know. Also, did anyone follow the diet plan exactly? I don't do well under strict diets, I like to allow for there to be cravings met if need be just in moderation. More of a life style than a diet ya know?
    I did the shred first and I did see more inches come off with that than ripped but I had more to come off at the time I started the shred. I was in pretty good shape when I started ripped so I haven't seen a huge difference in losing inches or anything but I do feel stronger. I know my arms and legs look good since I've gotten comments. ;) I do plan to switch between the shred and ripped but I will make the shred harder by using 5 lb weights, always following the advanced version and adding weights to all of the cardio. Good luck with ripped. I absolutely love it! I hate starting it in the morning but once I'm done I feel amazing.
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Yes, please post me when you get your plan figured out!

I used all of these as a supplement I guess. I do the JM stuff in the AM before work, and 5-6 days a week I do additional workouts in the evening (Zumba, Leslie Sansone, treadmill, walking, etc) Since starting this routine, I have more energy throughout the day and NO MORE AFTERNOON CRASHES!!! I know I have a few days left of Ripped, but I feel so much stronger, inside and out (as corny as that may sound)

I think I am going to give the shred it with weights a go, i love trying something new. I can do it in the AM and then do 6 week 6 pack in the evening. I have pre-ordered the butt and thighs video too. I am just going to do each one in a rotation so my body doesn't get used to anything. Does this sound like a good plan?
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Week 2 day 4 completed, along with a zumba class that kicked my butt! I've come to the realization that to get the results I'm looking for I really need to be focusing less on cardio and more on strength training. Jillian gives me a little strength training but not quite what I feel that I need. I'm going to start trying to cut back on some of my cardio classes (although I love them) and using the time to do some hard core weights. Just gotta do some research on programs because weight training is not my strong point.

Still sticking with Ripped in 30 though! It's a nice little 30 minute *kitten* kicker!
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I restarted the first week of Ripped in 30 after an energy draining cold from hell kept me sidelined for five days. This time I'm incorporating meals from the diet plan and I might start running again if my husband is up to it (he's my personal bodyguard for night time runs!) I can already keep up with Bashira's advanced moves and can do 15 full-blown-honest-to-goodness pushups!
  • sweetchick06
    Options
    So enjoyed my day of rest yesterday!

Today at work (in NYC) we were evacuated due to the earthquake so I had to walk down from the 19th floor and then back up again. So that was a nice mini workout!

Tonight I did Ripped Week 2 Day 1 and Level 1 of Six Week Six Pack. 2 minutes of cardio in plank? Seriously? Those two moves are the most challenging for me!!! Ugh!!! I also had a problem with the bicep move in crane; I am terrible with balance. And in the first circuit, the pendulum lunge with biceps was difficult for my coordination. I see I have my work cut out for me with this round!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    missmiller1, LOVE your before and after pics in your signature. You look absolutely incredible!!!! Definitely inspiring!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Week 2 day 5 completed, followed by an hour of aeroboxing. I'm wrecked!! Now to enjoy some Shepherds pie and steamed vegetables :-) Yum!

I'm so excited! Just found out I'm going to the Dominican Republic over Christmas/New Years. Definitely something to keep me motivated to work out.
  • Juliane1986
    Options

Today at work (in NYC) we were evacuated due to the earthquake so I had to walk down from the 19th floor and then back up again. So that was a nice mini workout!

Tonight I did Ripped Week 2 Day 1 and Level 1 of Six Week Six Pack. 2 minutes of cardio in plank? Seriously? Those two moves are the most challenging for me!!! Ugh!!! I also had a problem with the bicep move in crane; I am terrible with balance. And in the first circuit, the pendulum lunge with biceps was difficult for my coordination. I see I have my work cut out for me with this round!

Lol live right outside the city and work about an hour away in NJ and I'm so mad I felt nothing! I got back to the office from my lunch break and everyone was so excited about this little rumble...which I apparently missed lol. Oh well...at least it was minor!
  • sweetchick06
    Options

Lol live right outside the city and work about an hour away in NJ and I'm so mad I felt nothing! I got back to the office from my lunch break and everyone was so excited about this little rumble...which I apparently missed lol. Oh well...at least it was minor!

You have what is called Tremor Envy, ha ha. My husband has it.

Where do you live? I'm in Queens, NY but work in Midtown Manhattan.