Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

You have what is called Tremor Envy, ha ha. My husband has it.

Where do you live? I'm in Queens, NY but work in Midtown Manhattan.

LOL I definitely do!!!! Even my family in Pittsburgh felt it!

I live in West New York, NJ, it's right across the hudson from the upper west side of new york, but in NJ lol..confusing, I know. I work further south in Springfield, NJ though.
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Question for everyone who has been doing this DVD for a while. After the 1st 2 weeks did you notice any results? I'm probably being impatient, but I've been in a rut for a while and I'm getting fed up. I haven't noticed a changed in weight or inches. Hoping by the end of it I will.

I think the closer you get to your goal the harder it becomes and I feel like that's definitely where I'm at right now.
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Question for everyone who has been doing this DVD for a while. After the 1st 2 weeks did you notice any results? I'm probably being impatient, but I've been in a rut for a while and I'm getting fed up. I haven't noticed a changed in weight or inches. Hoping by the end of it I will.

I think the closer you get to your goal the harder it becomes and I feel like that's definitely where I'm at right now.

This is my second time doing the DVD and I didn't notice results the first till the third week, and the same thing happened for me this time.

I start week four tomorrow. Then I'm done! After I'm doing with ripped I'm coming up with my own 30 day plan (similar to her 30 day slim down) I'm going to mix up the DVDs of hers that I own, and up the intensity. I plan on getting insanity soon so I want to be ready lol
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    This is my second time doing the DVD and I didn't notice results the first till the third week, and the same thing happened for me this time.

I start week four tomorrow. Then I'm done! After I'm doing with ripped I'm coming up with my own 30 day plan (similar to her 30 day slim down) I'm going to mix up the DVDs of hers that I own, and up the intensity. I plan on getting insanity soon so I want to be ready lol

Thanks for the feedback! Once I'm done with this DVD I'm going to focus on more weight training as opposed to workouts that combine cardio and weights. I get a lot of cardio in from other classes I take.

Did you do 5 or 6 days for each week?
  • Summerleahd
    Options
    I usually do 6, but this week I only did 5 since I've been doing a lot of yard work during the day, I'm drained by the time evening comes around
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    missmiller1, LOVE your before and after pics in your signature. You look absolutely incredible!!!! Definitely inspiring!

Aww, thanks! Finished week 1 day 4. I am going hiking this weekend instead of day 6 and can't wait to start week 2!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    So....feeling a little dejected. I hurt my wrist a little bit during aeroboxing yesterday evening. It hasn't bothered me doing everyday things today, just whenever I might turn my wrist a certain way and I had an icepack on it for a while. I decided to give Ripped in 30 a shot and start week 3 tonight, but even the 1st exercise I couldn't do when I realised my wrist hurt when I put weight on it. So...no work out for me today. I'd be lying if I said I was in the mood to workout in the first place, but now i'm bummed that I've hurt myself and think it best to rest than do further harm. Personal training in the morning (we're working on legs) and i've given my trainer a heads up. Gotta keep doing what I can at least.
  • Summerleahd
    Options
    Was supposed to start week 4. But haven't yet because I've been getting ready for this stupid hurricane. Might not be able to start up till Monday. Babysitting all day today, then gotta go back out today for more supplies when they leave. Was out yesterday and it was crazy out! No water what so ever. So we ordered pizza last night cause by the time we got home and put the kids to bed I just didn't have the energy. I did get somewhat of a workout yesterday clearing out the shed to make room for everything. Haha

Hope your wrist feels better Juliane!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Was supposed to start week 4. But haven't yet because I've been getting ready for this stupid hurricane. Might not be able to start up till Monday. Babysitting all day today, then gotta go back out today for more supplies when they leave. Was out yesterday and it was crazy out! No water what so ever. So we ordered pizza last night cause by the time we got home and put the kids to bed I just didn't have the energy. I did get somewhat of a workout yesterday clearing out the shed to make room for everything. Haha

Hope your wrist feels better Juliane!

I am so not prepared for this hurricane! I have never experienced one today and just realised when they were talking on the news this morning that I should probably pick up some suppiles...so I'm gonna try to stop by the store after work and pray they have necessities left!!! I'm on my own this weekend, just me and my dog with no family near by so I'm a little worried...but I'm sure we'll be fine.

My wrist is feeling much better thank you! Icing it right now as I type. I was able to do my personal training this morning and we used some handweights and I felt fine but didn't over do it. Hopefully be able to box this weekend too.
  • Summerleahd
    Options
    Good luck with supplies. It was getting thin when I went last night. But around here the stores arranged an emergency truck to come so maybe they did the same there. I would hate to be on my own for this but I'm a wimp. Where are you from? make sure you stay in touch with your family and friends!
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Good luck with supplies. It was getting thin when I went last night. But around here the stores arranged an emergency truck to come so maybe they did the same there. I would hate to be on my own for this but I'm a wimp. Where are you from? make sure you stay in touch with your family and friends!

I'm in West New York, Nj. Right across the hudson river form the upper west side of NYC. I'll definitely be in touch with family! I'll be banging on the neighbours doors too if it gets bad.

Stay safe all you east coasters this weekend. Hoping this is all hyped up and not gonna be as bad as it seems. Hope everyone's workouts are going well!
  • sweetchick06
    sweetchick06 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hiya guys! My last post was Tuesday; work got busy the remainder of the week and I have been trying to keep up with exercising.

Wed: Did C25K Week 4 Day 1 and Jillian Michael Six Week Six Pack Level 1
    Thurs: Ripped Week 2 Day 2. Skipped the Abs DVD because it was late by the time I started the DVD
    Fri:...Skipped my workout! :( Was suppose to go out for a run and I should have because who knows when will be the next time I get a run in thanks to this hurricane! Work was insane yesterday due to Emergency Prep incase we can't get into Manhhattan on Monday. I didn't drink as much water as aI should and I didn't realized I skipped 2 snacks. By the time I go home I was physically empty and had nothing left to put into a workout.

I hope do do Ripped Week 4 Day 3 today as soon as I finish my hurricane prep! No evacuation in my area of Queens, NY yet. Juliane1986, looks like you were evacuated?

Stay safe everyone!!!!!
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Today is supposed to be my last day of Ripped. I don't intend to stop but it is day 30. I am having a rough time feeling motivated though. The thought of doing that workout right now makes me want to crawl back in bed. I just have to do it right? It's 20 lousy minutes. LOL.
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Hiya guys! My last post was Tuesday; work got busy the remainder of the week and I have been trying to keep up with exercising.

Wed: Did C25K Week 4 Day 1 and Jillian Michael Six Week Six Pack Level 1
    Thurs: Ripped Week 2 Day 2. Skipped the Abs DVD because it was late by the time I started the DVD
    Fri:...Skipped my workout! :( Was suppose to go out for a run and I should have because who knows when will be the next time I get a run in thanks to this hurricane! Work was insane yesterday due to Emergency Prep incase we can't get into Manhhattan on Monday. I didn't drink as much water as aI should and I didn't realized I skipped 2 snacks. By the time I go home I was physically empty and had nothing left to put into a workout.

I hope do do Ripped Week 4 Day 3 today as soon as I finish my hurricane prep! No evacuation in my area of Queens, NY yet. Juliane1986, looks like you were evacuated?

Stay safe everyone!!!!!

My town hasn't been evacuated yet, (and I'm really regretting not leaving town now). Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    Today is supposed to be my last day of Ripped. I don't intend to stop but it is day 30. I am having a rough time feeling motivated though. The thought of doing that workout right now makes me want to crawl back in bed. I just have to do it right? It's 20 lousy minutes. LOL.

I can relate. I've been pretty bad with Ripped the last couple of days and with my diet. Feeling a little bit guilty but I'll try and get Ripped in this afternoon after I get back from Aeroboxing at 1pm (if the class is still on!!). Hoping the workout will help me relieve some of this nervous tension building up from the storm coming.
  • misscollegiate
    Options
    Ugh, I feel so bad for slacking off this weekend. I did Week 3 Day 4 today. School started this week so it's been taking most of my time & work. Keep motivated!! :)
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

I can relate. I've been pretty bad with Ripped the last couple of days and with my diet. Feeling a little bit guilty but I'll try and get Ripped in this afternoon after I get back from Aeroboxing at 1pm (if the class is still on!!). Hoping the workout will help me relieve some of this nervous tension building up from the storm coming.
    Good luck! I'm in Northern NJ as well (a little more west though). I just want this thing to get over with already. I finished Ripped finally. I don't exactly feel ripped but I feel good and strong and I'm proud of myself for sticking with both this and the shred. This is the first time in my 37 years that I've stuck with exercise so long. I made a New Years resolution and began running in January and started with Jillian Michael's videos in the beginning of May and I don't plan to stop. I think I'm going to do a shred/ripped hybrid for now and use 5 lb weights for everything (instead of 3). I'm going to see how much I've improved.
    Stay safe in the storm everyone!
  • Summerleahd
    Options
    Finally got back to my workouts! Did w4d1. So 5 more days and I'm done! I can say that week 4 is my favorite workout! I really slacked on my diet this weekend. And honestly had a binge fest. I say I blame it on the hurricane and most of the food that we bought in case the power went out was unhealthy junk food. But it's no ones fault but my own. I'm really regretting it now. And I'm feeling super bloated from it, won't do that again.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think I'll be doing D1 W2 tomorrow morning. I'm going to watch it tonight though so I can see what I'm in for. I had been doing 30 day shred so between that and then going straight into Ripped I'm definitely seeing results. Now I'm just hoping I will continue to see results during the next 3 weeks. I'll be one happy camper! I think I need another Jillian dvd to add to the mix. I'm thinking 6 week six pack...anyone like that one? I have the Turbo Jam Ab Jam that I do a few times during the week but am getting bored with it even though I really like Charlene too.
  • Juliane1986
    Options
    So I've decided to go a slightly different route with my workouts. I've hired a personal trainer and I'm going to be working out with him 2-3 times a week during my lunch break (extending my lunch to an hour and a half by coming into work earlier). I'm also going to be continuing to do my workout classes in the evening and on the weekends (zumba, aeroboxing etc). So I'm going to be using this Jillian Michaels DVD as a supplement to the days when I am unable to make either one of those or feel like I need an extra workout at home.

I'm excited about this change because I believe this personal trainer is seriously going to kick my *kitten* and push me to finally get the body I've always wanted...and I'm not that far away from it. I'll definitely post pictures once I'm there. Keep me posted on how everyone is doing with Ripped and I'll be checking in after I use the DVD myself!