MFP vs Jabba the Hutt (so easy even a slacker can do it!)

Options

Replies

• Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    691 today for me, slow day, only my Zumba class. Tomorrow is my rest day, but weekend will be major burns. Watch out, Jabba, you're so going down. LOL
  • DoncasterPhotography
    DoncasterPhotography Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just a lil 832 for me, today. (not counting walking, talking and other day to day "non excercise" activities)

Like Galathea, my weekend burns will be higher... Sunday is Hockey day....!!!
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys are scary! My super active days are equivalent to your rest days. Never mind- this challenge is getting me back into an exercising mentality after al ong time off the wagon, and I'm still hurting Jabba...even if I'm just doing the equivalent of squeezing his zits while other people lazer his vital organs. So no prizes, but I'm happy :-)
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    OMG you guys are scary! My super active days are equivalent to your rest days. Never mind- this challenge is getting me back into an exercising mentality after al ong time off the wagon, and I'm still hurting Jabba...even if I'm just doing the equivalent of squeezing his zits while other people lazer his vital organs. So no prizes, but I'm happy :-)

We are ALL in this together! Every little bit helps! :)
  • Galathea
    Options
    yes, I'm sooooooo bragging right now

2223 cals burned today (in words twothousandtwohundredtwentythree!!!!!!!!! LOL) I AM DEAD!!!!!!!!!! (And I admit I only did it because of some other challenge I have going on). But I bit Jabbas arm off with this. Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

If someone is looking for me in the next two days ... kitten is hiding in her cat basket, trying to get rid of the worst soreness in my WHOLE life. LMAO
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options

2223 cals burned today (in words twothousandtwohundredtwentythree!!!!!!!!! LOL) I AM DEAD!!!!!!!!!! (And I admit I only did it because of some other challenge I have going on). But I bit Jabbas arm off with this. Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

If someone is looking for me in the next two days ... kitten is hiding in her cat basket, trying to get rid of the worst soreness in my WHOLE life. LMAO

WHAT THE !!!!.....

what you been doing to burn 2k?
  • Galathea
    Options

WHAT THE !!!!.....

20 mins 30 DS and 20 mins Zumba in the monring
    45 mins of Insanity in my lunch break (and a short, but very hot shower afterwards)
    1 hour walking my friends dog
    and 75 mins of Insanity again after comming home after work.

My whole body is screaming and I know I so won't do that again in the next ... uhm .... months LOL, but it was worth every second and all the pain I will feel in the next days. =^_^=
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options

WHAT THE !!!!.....

20 mins 30 DS and 20 mins Zumba in the monring
    45 mins of Insanity in my lunch break (and a short, but very hot shower afterwards)
    1 hour walking my friends dog
    and 75 mins of Insanity again after comming home after work.

My whole body is screaming and I know I so won't do that again in the next ... uhm .... months LOL, but it was worth every second and all the pain I will feel in the next days. =^_^=

Legend
  • RealMeSomeday
    Options
    You guys are amazing!!! I stuck with my walking and did one day of swimming this week.
    I wonder if we can earn BONUS hit points for exercising on a Sunday??
    Just sayin'......
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Wow at this rate Jabba will be defeated in another month! Keep up the good work everyone!

Remember please fill out your calorie burns! This past Monday's burns will be considered a 0 if it isn't filled in by this coming Monday.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Wow at this rate Jabba will be defeated in another month! Keep up the good work everyone!

Remember please fill out your calorie burns! This past Monday's burns will be considered a 0 if it isn't filled in by this coming Monday.
    if we het that close in a month, we should really go ahead and go after his true weight. It would be a shame to end it so quickly.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    if we het that close in a month, we should really go ahead and go after his true weight. It would be a shame to end it so quickly.
    I agree! Wouldn't it be epic to be a part of a 7+ million calorie burn?
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    1003 calories for me today!! Everyone is doing an awesome job!!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Just remember the tortoise and the hare, slow and steady wins the race ... :) You're doing a great job!
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I agree! Wouldn't it be epic to be a part of a 7+ million calorie burn?

If things continue at this rate that could be a possibility. My goal making this was to get everyone to have fun, while burning calories, with little overhead and if the general census of people playing this game is a more long term goal, then I'll give them what they asked for :D I'm also considering adding some "curve balls" to the way the game is currently set up as he drops more and more hit points to make things more interesting. Let's give it a couple weeks and reevaluate the situation at that time. This game is for the fine people here at MFP and together we will mold it into whatever we want this to be.

I've also read earlier in this thread that a cool ticker or group name was wanted. TBH I really don't know much about tickers and I have 0 photoshop skills. If someone has some time on their hands feel free to work on one, it will be appreciated :D As for a name, I thought about having something we can all add to our sig if we wanted to like "Jabba slayers 2011" or something along that line when he dies. I've also thought about having more foes to battle with after Jabba dies and possibly bringing Jabba back with 100% hit points (non nerfed) if we had a good following with this initial game.

I'm very happy with the success of the game so far and I'm glad people are enjoying the game, while getting fit and healthy at the same time! GJ everyone keep it up!

Feel free to post your suggestions on this forum, on the suggestions tab on the excel spreadsheet, send me a MFP msg or an email at MFP1up@gmail.com
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'll see if I can come up with a sig banner.
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    have we lost a page of comments?
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    have we lost a page of comments?

Don't think so- I assumed the guys from across the pond have to go to bed sometime! (I'm in Sheffield, btw. Worked in Donny at St Cath's Hospital until last August). Has anything gone missing that you've already seen?
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    hummm... im sure that there were posts from esterday, missing this morning, but are back there now....

hey ho.

:o)
  • RealMeSomeday
    Options
    Jabba Slayers 2011 Unite!!! LOVE IT!!