Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed Group) - Week 3

Options

Replies

• azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    CW 292.6

ugh!!! all this having to look for a job is NOT helping me to lose weight!!!!
    Okay.... I am stepping it up... cannot do the jump rope thing... bad knees and bad feet won't allow me to jump like that! But I'm going back to the burpees! As much as I didn't like them, I felt as tho I was getting a good workout!

Going back to the burpees is a great idea... but have you thought of walking it out... walk with the skipping rope?
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Well done to everyone on there awesome losses :)
  • azeria
    Options
    Ok all, something terrible just happened.... :huh: I was just in a vicious and violent fight with a bag of candy corn! You want to talk about a weakness!!! :sad: I completely got my @$$ kicked by an orange combination of high fructose corn syrup and honey! :noway:

First of all I want to ask, SINCE WHEN DID HALLOWEEN PREPARATIONS START IN AUGUST?!?!?!? :angry: :mad: :angry:

Next, I want to ask, what is your weakness? What is your complete downfall? Be specific, not just sugar, not just salt. I can NOT control myself when it comes to candy corn! :love: :love:

Finally, I want to ask, How do you get past your weakness? What do you do to overcome the incredible urges? Let it all out!!! :flowerforyou:

My biggest weakness is chips... I love chips and get cravings... then there is any chocolate deserts that my mom makes.... soooooooo good. But, my biggest downfall is eating out... poutines... fried foods... and so much more

Still having a hard time overcoming all that... Last night I was craving chips so bad, but never went to the store and had some whole wheat triscuits and an english muffin instead.
  • azeria
    Options
    Plain m& ms. I could eata big bag of them. I had not had any for quite a while and the other day i was at the store and just had to have some. I bought a the bag that is out the checkout. I did not open it until i got home. I had looked at the calories and i decided i did not want that many. I opened the bag and divided into three putting two sections in ziplock snack bags and eating only 1/3. Surprisinly I was satisfied and even more surprisilnly I still have the other 2 ziplocks in the kitchen. For me looking at the calories before I eat helps me make better decisions

Good for you well done!!!
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    CW: 129.8

That's a gain of 1 pound for me this week :( Disappointing but I understand why. Had to eat out a couple of times this week and slowed down on my exercise due to a running injury. Hoping to see the scale go down next week and staying positive! Congrats to everyone who's been losing this week!!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    weigh-in.
    CW: 316.6
    loss 5.4 pounds!

Awesome job! Congrats!

That is a terrific weight loss week. Woo Hoo!!!

My temptation is homemade cookies. Not too unusual for me to eat a dozen or so as they come out of the oven. I have been telling myself that they are off limits. Like if I was baking them for a special event and needed to take them all. I also keep them covered so they are out of sight, and I don't think about them as much. When I do eat one, I log it in so it stays at 1-2 cookies.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! I lost what I gained on vacation...now this week it's time to really go for it! On my way to step class. Have a Great Day everyone!

CW 196.0
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Plain m& ms. I could eata big bag of them. I had not had any for quite a while and the other day i was at the store and just had to have some. I bought a the bag that is out the checkout. I did not open it until i got home. I had looked at the calories and i decided i did not want that many. I opened the bag and divided into three putting two sections in ziplock snack bags and eating only 1/3. Surprisinly I was satisfied and even more surprisilnly I still have the other 2 ziplocks in the kitchen. For me looking at the calories before I eat helps me make better decisions

I agree! Looking at the calories first helps me out too!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    205. - down 1 lb.

Got a new scale so I had to compare between the two and do the math. Almost as hard as algebra! (insert smiley laughing here - my smiley isn't working :-( )

Congratulations to everyone - up or down - being active is just as important as losing weight.

Have a lovely weekend all.
  • LoriSteib
    LoriSteib Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    CW 174.6
  • nhill2733
    Options
    Stayed the same this week :( but school starts next week so back to the gym I go! My weakness is anything and I do mean anything chocolate lol. Congrats to everyone on another week and thanks to Jenn for organizing an awesome group!!

CW 289
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    CW 162.2
    Down 1.4 yipee
    another bit of good news. I have been getting out some of my better clothes to go back to school and I find I need some belts. YAY!
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Current weight = 194
    jump rope time =1 minute (lmao)

Im not complaining ! I was expecting a big gain and it didn't happen.
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! I had a pretty darn good one! My future sister in law hot me the prettiest pink zebra cake ever!! But high five, I only ate two peices and have given most of it away. I've got one more dinner tomorrow night and then I'm done with birthday celebrations.

Can't wait to see what next weeks challenge will be!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    CW: 230

Up 2 lbs....that's what I get for eating poorly all last weekend. :0/
  • PositivePower
    Options
    CW 162.2
    Down 1.4 yipee
    another bit of good news. I have been getting out some of my better clothes to go back to school and I find I need some belts. YAY!

WOW - Keep up the good work. It feels so good when things start to fit better or even get big! That will help you feel great for the first day of school!!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    as of Friday, CW = 211.8 (I think down .8 from last time?)
  • PositivePower
    Options
    Ok CCC friends...I am on an exercise freak out today! I love gym classes it makes me keep an "appointment", I hit step class this morning burned over 600 calories and it was fun :) I ran down the street and half way back - I had to pick up dog poop from my walk last night, I try to be a good neighbor. I burned 51 calories says my IPOD nike chip. Then I tried the dreaded jump rope. I had a busy week so I am really behind. Jenn I wish you put a warning on the challenge for older chicks like me to wear some depends....OK TMI and it wasnt that bad but close!!! I made it my first 5 with lots of tripping..... I will check back in to let you know how many more I got in :)

Can someone tell me why the smiley's aren't working!!! I love those things ;)
  • PositivePower
    Options
    Hey the smileys work on other boards I just made a post looking for a good sports bra....and the smileys worked. We musthave used our quota :) OK back to jump roping...I'm on here too much today.....see what happens when I am home!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Wt today: 200

Exactly the same as last week. But yesterday I noticed that my pants felt looser, so... :)
  • MaeKhaleesi
    MaeKhaleesi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to get much working out in lately between my son and my work schedule, but he starts school a week from Monday and my schedule is back on track, so back to my walks at the park I go!

Weigh in for today - 145.6! :D