Options

Replies

• deveng07
    Options
    bump
  • tashacan
    Options
    Here's one I just did last week:

2 pieces of chicken (leg & thigh, skin on & bone in). You could use chicken breasts if you want - DH likes dark meat better.
    1 can Aldi's pineapple chunks
    2 tablespoons brown sugar (and honestly I could have skipped these)
    1 big sweet potato, cut into pieces (big chunks.)

Good things about this recipe: Super easy, the chicken was amazingly tender, the whole thing fed 2 people (generously!) for ~350 cals.

Bad thing: the sugar from the pineapple - or even the brown sugar - burned to the side of the crock pot. It was a bit of a challenge to clean up. :)

Crock pot liners are the best invention every...I never have to scrub my crockpot!

Making this TONIGHT! Already in the crockpot! Oh man, I forgot the crockpot liners though! :(
  • Laurla11
    Options
    bump
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    Feel bad just 'bumping' this but SallieBeige would REALLY appreciate this thread.

Thanks for the good ideas guys and gals.
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    bump!:flowerforyou:
  • delmeg10
    delmeg10 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This one is SO good! We make it at least once every few weeks.

Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin

Serves 8

Ingredients:
    - 2 tablespoons olive oil
    - 2 pounds pork tenderloin
    - 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
    - 1 cup chicken broth
    - 1/4 cup brown sugar
    - 4 cloves garlic, chopped
    - 3 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped (I leave these out because we don't like heat, and I've never been able to find them anyway.)
    - 1/2 large onion, sliced
    - 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
    1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown tenderloins on all sides, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir in garlic, red chile pepper, onion, and black pepper.

2. Put browned tenderloins into slow cooker, cover with the teriyaki sauce mixture. Cook on High for about 4 hours, turning 2 to 3 times during the cooking time to ensure even doneness.

3. Remove tenderloins from the slow cooker and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. If desired, spoon liquid over slices when serving.

I got this recipe from www.allrecipes.com. It's my favorite recipe site.

Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 175 | Total Fat: 6.1g | Cholesterol: 49mg
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You hit a "sweet spot" on this one!! Honestly my husband and I put two chicken breast (w/ skin and bone in) - we put two breast in a crock pot with about 1 cup chicken stock and sprinkled with salt. Cooked it on low for about 8 hours (on accident) - it was SO GOOD!! We took the skin off... the bones feel out! It was so juicy and good.... we roasted some potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, red and yellow peppers (cut into strips) at 400 degrees for 20+ mins. SO GOOD!!!!
  • eml48341
    eml48341 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Stupid double post
  • eml48341
    Options
    I am really sorry about the multiple posts. I never had a triple post before, so I guess I should just be impressed at this point.
  • eml48341
    Options
    I got this recipe from the Allrecipes website and it is so yummy and easy. Perfect for upcoming fall weather :-D

Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup

Makes 6 Servings

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
    1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes including juice
    1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
    1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
    1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
    1 white onion, chopped
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    2 bay leaves
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste

Directions

1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts, then place into the bottom of a slow cooker.
    2. Add the corn, tomatoes, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, green chiles, onion, cilantro, bay leaves, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
    3. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
    4. Transfer to a plate, then shred the meat with two forks.
    5. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and continue cooking for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Nutritional Information: Amount Per Serving Calories: 186 | Total Fat: 3.4g | Cholesterol: 39mg
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tsibly
    tsibly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    CrockPot Turkey Breast

1 whole turkey breast (with the bone in)
    1 cup water (or enough to have about 2" of water)
    black pepper
    garlic clove

Season the turkey breast with the pepper (use whatever you like) Add to crock pot with the garlic and water. Cook for 8 hours on low. Remove and slice. Plenty for left overs. I use the juice to make a quick pan gravy. (In a saute pan put 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp flour, brown that and then add the juice. Whisk until all thickens and adjust the salt and pepper to taste to make a yummy pan gravy)

This is really simple but so versatile. I serve it with a sweet potato (microwave it) and some steamed broccoli and/or salad. Dinner is on the table in about 15 minutes!!
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    Bump!!
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    love this!!!
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • llbird
    Options
    I need to get back into cooking with my crock pot!

BUMP!
  • uhoh_billy
    Options
    bump!
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • helena4455
    Options
    bump :)