Sixers Holiday Challenge - Week 2

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    slow weekend around here! I'm no help with that though so I can't complain :wink:
    The holiday party we thought was yesterday is actually today AND we're going to a dinner party after so I still have this weekend's biggest challenge ahead of me. I've been pretty good otherwise though. I had some sweets yesterday but ended my day with 400 cals to spare. I still don't feel as good when I put that stuff in though. And the last 2 days I've felt bloated all over for no good reason. I've been doing muscle work which would make sense for my muscles or just a number on the scale due to muscles holding water, but I really just feel bloated everywhere. Like my face, neck... weird.
    Okay, time to get ready for a VERY busy day!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! The holiday baking sounds so fun. We'll be getting on that bandwagon soon too!! I need to find a clean eating gingerbread man recipe. I have a great one for ginger cookies but I want to do the shapes!

:heart: leadies!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    So, I had... and FAILED (with a serious capital 'F')... my first big test of this season. I'm hoping it's a good lesson learned but I'm so bummed and feeling so ill right now :sick:
    There was a small veggie platter at this party so I started off with a plate of some broccoli & cauliflower (that was the selection). This was a children's party and apparently they assume that all little people just want to eat crap because the only other food was extreme baked macaroni & cheese (extreme because it was SO salty and SO cheesy), fried chicken fingers & over-the-top cheesy quesadillas made with cheese tortillas and over-stuffed with CHEESE. And then they had huge trays of cookies on every table (cookies are perhaps my biggest weakness) and we're not talking normal Christmas cookie sized things. I mean cookies the size of my palm. And I had THREE! @#$%^$@##$ What the #@$& was I thinking?!?!
    I accept complete responsibility but the process of my feelings were first frustration because of the hideous selection of food and then a sense of resigning myself to a really bad food day. But why is it so hard to think past the actual eating part and to the aftermath?!?! I feel nauseous, SO thirsty, bloated, my heart is beating too fast.... I feel so ill! And that's not mentioning the frustration I have with myself for losing control so completely. I know I just have to pick up my feet and make my best choices and eventually this huge flub will be behind me but I don't know if I'll be able to get it balanced out before Tuesday and quite frankly I'm not interested in seeing 170-anything ever again!!! Silly silly girl. May this be my big screw-up of the season. Cheers to THAT! :drinker:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    ooooh, another not so great day. I'll be glad tomorrow to go to work, and get back on track. Of course the mix up in my routine seems to have kick started something... I was down 2 lbs this morning.

Breakfast (more like brunch, it was 11:30)
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 1 cup 90 calories
    Mushrooms - Raw, 1 large 5 calories
    Onions - Raw, 0.15 cup, chopped 10 calories
    Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, November thru May average, 3 cherry 11 calories
    Generic - Egg Whites, 2 egg 34 calories
    Generic - Large Egg, 1 Egg 70 calories
    Spinach - Raw, 0.33 cup 2 calories
    Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese - Sharp Cheddar 2% Milk Reduced Fat, 0.25 cup 80 calories
    Total for breakfast 302 calories

Snack 1
    Robin's - Buttercream Dream Frosting - Homemade, 1/4 cup 215 calories
    Robin's - Wacky Cocoa Cake - Homemade, 3 X single layer 239 calories
    Total for snack 1: 454 calories

Dinner
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 1 cup 90 calories
    Redi-Serve - Veal Patties, 1 patty 270 calories
    Bertolli - Spaghetti Sauce - Organic Olive Oil, Basil and Garlic, 1/10 cup 16 calories
    Sargento - Reduced Fat Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, 1/4 cup 80 calories
    Pictsweet All Natural - Green Peas, 2/3 c(89g) 70 calories
    Total for dinner: 526 calories
    Total calories consumed: 1,282
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: -82
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Rhiannon and Robin,

We all have bad days!!! And as it sounds, you've both realized it wasn't the greatest day now you just have to move on because you can't take it back. And Robin, you're right, sometimes just having that extra little change in one or two days does something to your metabolism that gives it a kick in the pants and you are revved up and ready to go. The important things is that tomorrow is another day!!!

sorry if i'm not making sense, I am two lattes in already today. haha, one was my good girl latte with only 140 cals, sugar free,nonfat, etc. The other was a 375 whopper white peppermint bark mocha with whipped cream....oops!!! :drinker: :drinker:

hang in there ladies!

where is everyone? How am I supposed to procrastinate from studying when no one is writing on MFP??? haha. :heart: :wink:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Hello Ladies... sorry I didn't check in on Friday but I will on Tuesday. I am staying w/ my sister and feeling a little less stressed. I was offered one job and I have 2 more interviews this week.

I hope everyone is doing well! Good luck and don't worry about a small slip up. Our bodies will forgive us if our minds will.

Take care

Tamm
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Wow, I dont even want to post this..but..here goes..

My weekend, starting Friday night, was terrible. I made horrible decisions and will pay for them Tuesday.

Friday, pizza for dinner..Saturday..Grandmothers for lunch, taco bell for dinner...Today was okay..until I didnt get home til late..and had mexican food for dinner...
    I stepped on the scale a few minutes ago and it was way up to 182 :explode: I know I am retaining so much fluid bc of all the sodium laden foods I ingested this weekend..and I havent been drinking my water but Im sure I have gained as well.

Just had to come report ladies. Going to bust some butt exercise wise tomorrow and choose very healthy foods and drink water like a fish...

Okay well hope you all have had good weekends..back to studying for me

:heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Hey ladies! Quick check in. Sounds like most of us had some not-so-wonderful weekend choices! But it's okay because guess what...tomorrow's a BRAND NEW DAY and we all get to start over making fabulous choices! I know we can do it!!!! And then a new weigh-in on Tuesday!!! WE WILL GET THERE LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll talk to y'all in the morning!!!!!

Much love!
  • PedalHound
    :sick: Well, I wasn't kidding when I said my body didn't like the food I put in. I felt queasy the rest of the day and when we got home from our friends' place... well I have been over the toilet ever since. I thought my body was done getting rid of what it didn't like but I'm feeling that feeling again :frown: Ugh, if THIS doesn't teach me that such gross foods aren't worth it NOTHING will. My poor kiddos are asking for me and wanting me to get them to bed (considering it's almost 3 hours past their bedtime!) but I just can't do it right now.

Sorry to hear I'm not alone in my bad weekend but like Kristin said, we have a fresh start tomorrow. Now I just need to get to tomorrow and feeling better and I'll be a-ok! :sick:
  • kistinbee
    Oh Rhiannon....I hope you're feeling better this morning, my dear. I understand the feeling. I was there last night also...after my husband and I decided to go out to eat and I made some VERY poor choices...my fault...I didn't eat anything since my bowl of cereal that morning and so was STARVING. I learned my lesson!

Tonight I'm getting right back on track...good meals planned so far and a half hour run and 1 hour Body Pump at the gym tonight. I don't have much time now, but will post my meals and what-not in a while. Have a good morning girlies!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I dont think I got on here at all yesterday. My body was recovering from my workouts. Thursday I did Bosu for the first time and it was tough and my tummy was sore and Saturday we had a 2 hour fitness challenge thing to raise money for a charity and then I walked in the parade after that so I was tired yesterday. But I got up this morning and went to step class even though I didnt want to last night. I feel great now. Is today weigh in? Sorry I cant remember.

Connie
  • kistinbee
    Connie...tomorrow is weigh in and there will be a new thread called "Sixers Holiday Challenge Week 3" so look for that tomorrow morning.

Well...here is the meal plan so far for today:

Breakfast
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Cream of Wheat - Instant Original Flavor, 1 PACKET 100
    Total breakfast 234

AM snacks
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Kelloggy's - Nutri Grain Bar - Strawberry, 37 g 140
    Total AM snacks 170

Lunch
    Turkey&Cheese Sandwich, 1 meal 138
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 12 fl. oz. 0
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Total lunch 253

Afternoon snacks
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72
    Kashi - Tlc Crunchy Granola Bars - Pumpkin Spice Flax, 2 bars 180
    Total afternoon snacks 252

Dinner
    Tilapia - Fish, 4 oz. (1 filet) 98
    Home made basic salad with spritzer dressing, 1 meal 83
    Total dinner 181 + some kind of rice (I'm not sure what I have at home...probably wild rice)

PM Snacks
    Depends on remaining calories after my workout.

Exercise plan--1/2 hour run and 1 hour Body Pump class.

I feel very pumped this morning and so I know it will be a great day! Tonight I need to try and do some cleaning I didn't get to this weekend...so will be busy ALL day, but it's okay! I also need to work on getting Christmas cards out!

Well, I'll BBL...gotta get back to work!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    i don't know about anyone else, but, for me i am tired of telling myself tuesday is the start of another week, a new start, whatever. why do i need to wait until a new week comes? don't know i am still searching for that answer. i want this weight off now. i am tired of working at losing, i want to work at maintaining. i am tired of telling myself "if only i had stuck to it, i wouldn't be doing it again". as said many times before this is it. i will take it off this time. why is this time different than the rest. don't know, still looking for that answer too. maybe one day the answers will be there for me.

k, done thanks for reading. this is what a 5am wake does to the mind. nap time.
  • kistinbee
    Awe Cathy...I have felt this way SO many times. All I can tell you is stick with it. Once we all get to our "maintaining" we will know it was all worth it. There is no reason to dwell on the past. And this is life...we need to enjoy each and every minute of it...whether we weigh 100 or 200 pounds...enjoy life! And know that what you are doing, although the steps may be small, are ultimately inching towards that goal. That's why I love the quote that I have under my ticker:

"Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point."
    --Harold B. Melchart

It's SO true...we may not be completely happy with where we are, but we need to enjoy the things we have at each step we are on. (If that makes any sense). I hope you can bounce back to your normal cheery self. YOU can do this Cathy...you CAN!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Kristin, you are wonderful and uplifting. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Thanks Lauryn! I try my best!
  • kistinbee
    I'm just pulling this forward as the most recent. Please look it over and I will post it on the new thread tomorrow. Update it in the morning if you would. Andrea and Katie have not updated. If they don't post on this new week, I will pull them from the list. Just trying to keep everything current.

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / Progress: 0
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 211.8 / Progress: +1
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 199.6 / Progress -1.8
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 154.2 / Progress: -1.2
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 220 / Progress -4.0
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 167.2 / CW 169.0/ Progress -5.0
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 265 / Progress -1.0
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 147.4 / Progress -3.6
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 211.5 / Progress +0.5
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 160 / Progress -1.0
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 180.6 / Progress -2.6
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 195 / Progress +1.0
    Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 185.2 / Progress -4.6

Andrea ~ SW 197 / GW 185
    Katie ~ SW 211 / GW 199
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Can't chat long but two of my favorite inspirational quotes for everyone. These two have gotten me through a lot in my short life so I hope they help!!

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

(and the second one is kind of religious, not trying to push anything, it's just one that I like and that inspires me! :smile: )

"The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot protect you."
  • kistinbee
    Those are WONDERFUL AmyLou! Thanks for sharing!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    I won't be available to work out or weigh in tomorrow (doctor appointment) so I'm weighing in today. I've gained even MORE weight, but whatever. :ohwell: I'll pretend it's where I've started the Couch to 5k program and the weight is from muscle gain, not from bloating and pre-menstrual eating like a pig :embarassed: and stress :grumble: .

What I :angry: -- I have gained back to a lbs more than where I started
    What I :heart: -- I am still working out regularly, and eating "okay" so life is okay :flowerforyou:

I wish you all luck with your weigh ins tomorrow!!!

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / Progress: 0
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 211.8 / Progress: +1
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 199.6 / Progress -1.8
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 154.2 / Progress: -1.2
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 220 / Progress -4.0
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 167.2 / CW 169.0/ Progress -5.0
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 265 / Progress -1.0
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 147.4 / Progress -3.6
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 211.5 / Progress +0.5
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 162 / Progress +1.0
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 180.6 / Progress -2.6
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 195 / Progress +1.0
    Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 185.2 / Progress -4.6

Andrea ~ SW 197 / GW 185
    Katie ~ SW 211 / GW 199
  • Phoenix_Rising
    "It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

WONDERFUL QUOTE AMY!!! :flowerforyou:
    (Gonna go post that over in Fitness_Chick's Inspirational quote thread.)