Things that make a man instantly hotter

Options

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    tattoos
    I got my tattoo before I got married and my wife doesn't really care for it and doesn't want me to get anymore. Most other people like it though.
    Yea, a tattoo kind of would have been a deal breaker. My husband feels the same way.
    I have a couple of tattoos. I had one of them before we married and got the other many years after. I don't give a damn if she likes them or not. That might not make me hot, but it does make me a man. :smile:

If I found something else I wanted to get for a tattoo, i'd do it even if she didn't like it. She doesn't like it but didn't say I couldn't do it. Eitherway, If I wanted one I'd do it. I figure if she can go shopping every week and by all sorts of **** we don't need I can get a tat if I want.
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A great sense of humor that matches mine
    Intelligent
    At least a bachelors degree (i'll accept military too)
    Kind
    Likes the outdoors (will hunt, fish, shoot skeet/trap with me)
    Dark hair and taller than me. I'm 5'7, so it's not that difficult :]
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Too much work

That made me think of another one:

Knows that relationships are work and that they have to put forth effort :)

haha *LIKE* ;-P
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Hmm...if he can sat the alphabet backwards without stumbling...that's pretty hot. JK!

I guess the police think so too,they keep stopping me just to ask. angry.gif
  • Emilyannewithane
    Options
    Strong, rough hands. Nice smile, dimples help. :) Long eyelashes are amazing....
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Too much work

That made me think of another one:

Knows that relationships are work and that they have to put forth effort :)

haha *LIKE* ;-P

Is it just me...or shouldn't most of these things just be a given?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the whole "Relationships take work" thing,,, I don't see it that way.

Life takes work, careers take work, serving on a church committee or burying a parent or building a birdhouse take work. A good relationship is the respite, the safe place you go to recover and rest and be nourished and get back some of what you've put out.

I could be wrong, I dunno. I've only been married 24 years. Maybe next year it will start to be work.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    proper manners (Check)

tool belts (Check around the house fixing things)

hats (Don Draper style) (Check)

wearing suspenders with a tux ( Check)

fresh haircuts (check) must have

skills in the kitchen (Check can cook )

skills on the dance floor (Check can dance)

great cologne (Check )

Tongue( Check knows how to use it:)
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    What about nunchuck and computer hacking skills?
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the whole "Relationships take work" thing,,, I don't see it that way.

Life takes work, careers take work, serving on a church committee or burying a parent or building a birdhouse take work. A good relationship is the respite, the safe place you go to recover and rest and be nourished and get back some of what you've put out.

I could be wrong, I dunno. I've only been married 24 years. Maybe next year it will start to be work.

well i'm going to disagree with this.. 24 years thats awesome.... but not all marriages are allowed to be easy. My husband is currently on the other side of the world where he has been since February. He works while I'm asleep (something he did while home as well due to that being his shift) and is sleeping while I work and am awake. So it takes a lot of effort for us to communicate and stay in touch as a couple, there are plenty of marriages that this will kill... However, this is our 2nd year long deployment (remote tour). So I do not in any way agree that all relationships just happen. Some days the one thing that keeps me here is the fact that I enjoy spending time with him and I love him dearly.... circumstances will be overcome one day, even if its not easy.
  • LorelieLee
    Options
    sense of humour
    kind to animals and kids. ( but doesnt want kids)
    looks after and defends me
    strong
    lets me practise my crap kitchen skills on him

and apparently I am looking for a husband in the 50s...
  • brattyworm
    Options
    What about nunchuck and computer hacking skills?

of course this is important... if you've seen how i can mess up a computer any computer skillz are extremely necessary lol
  • inconversant
    Options
    Intelligence

^this.
    intelligence is SUPER hot imo.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Good hair cut

Clean teeth/fresh breath

Smell. The single most attractive (or not) thing about a man is how he smells

A good sense of humour. And by that I don't mean taking the piss and being offensive to people then laughing about it. I mean actually being funny/witty.

Being respectful to people. Not subservient, but I don't like pushy people or arrogance. Men with good manners are instantly more attractive.

Standing up straight, carrying yourself well makes 100% difference. Slouching isn't attractive.

Dressing well! A nice suit can make all the difference. Not that I especially like men in suits, but I can't think of anyone who doesn't look better in a DJ.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    well i'm going to disagree with this.. 24 years thats awesome.... but not all marriages are allowed to be easy. My husband is currently on the other side of the world where he has been since February. He works while I'm asleep (something he did while home as well due to that being his shift) and is sleeping while I work and am awake. So it takes a lot of effort for us to communicate and stay in touch as a couple, there are plenty of marriages that this will kill... However, this is our 2nd year long deployment (remote tour). So I do not in any way agree that all relationships just happen. Some days the one thing that keeps me here is the fact that I enjoy spending time with him and I love him dearly.... circumstances will be overcome one day, even if its not easy.
    You have my respect, but not my agreement, and here's why. Your relationship is not work - getting through the deployment is! Ok, to-may-toe, to-mah-toe, but you understand what I mean. Your difficulty is not because of the relationship, it's because of an outside stressor. When that's gone things'll be easier. I was active duty sea service Navy for our first couple of years, so we know what you're talking about. Stay strong sister.
  • BrianTheNegotiator
    BrianTheNegotiator Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like how two of the answers are "a penis" and "the ability to laugh at himself" lol
  • brattyworm
    Options
    You have my respect, but not my agreement, and here's why. Your relationship is not work - getting through the deployment is! Ok, to-may-toe, to-mah-toe, but you understand what I mean. Your difficulty is not because of the relationship, it's because of an outside stressor. When that's gone things'll be easier. I was active duty sea service Navy for our first couple of years, so we know what you're talking about. Stay strong sister.

thanks and i so hope so... we started out Navy. we met on the ship and that made for an awesome starting out getting to explore other countries together... then he got out and went AF and then I just got out... I have to say i think it was easier going to sea with out him then it is being left home...

and i see your point... and there will always be an outside force... for us its currently deployment, before that it was schedules, he worked swings i'm an intern and student..... so when do the stressors stop? when does it become just a relationship.... seems to me the two go together.... and while i dont have the 24 years, I dont think 12 years is too bad myself... and i wouldn't trade him for anything...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    proper manners (Check)

tool belts (Check around the house fixing things)

hats (Don Draper style) (Check)

wearing suspenders with a tux ( Check)

fresh haircuts (check) must have

skills in the kitchen (Check can cook )

skills on the dance floor (Check can dance)

great cologne (Check )

Tongue( Check knows how to use it:)

Good luck with all that friend. You're a highly qualified individual it seems. I'm sure somewhere out there is someone who'll appreciate it lol.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Ive only skimmed so these may have been mentioned but....

Sense of humor gets me every time. Dry and quick wit and Im sunk.
    Intelligence for sure.
    Has a passion
    Driven
    Loves kids

Im fiercely independent and dont need a man to take care of handy things for me. But that doesnt mean I dont like it.
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Ive only skimmed so these may have been mentioned but....

Sense of humor gets me every time. Dry and quick wit and Im sunk.
    Intelligence for sure.
    Has a passion
    Driven
    Loves kids

Im fiercely independent and dont need a man to take care of handy things for me. But that doesnt mean I dont like it.

Hi :bigsmile: