Things that make a man instantly hotter

Options

Replies

• ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    That he's a man, not a boy, or a baby, and he makes no apologies for it.
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    good sense of humor (has one and understands mine!)
    able to hold an intelligent conversation
    doesn't like to go out too much (isn't a "party animal" so to speak)
    loves animals
    has tattoos (although this is not a deal breaker . . . he at least has to be tolerant of mine [and my piercings too!])
    likes to text and does so randomly throughout the day
    not prejudiced
    not too skinny

afterthought: isn't obsessed with sports!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    A job! Ha ha ha!
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    chin straps (neatly trimmed)
    Nice hands
    A nice voice
    Intelligence
    Nice arms/calves
    Nice lips
    A great personality
    Good sense of humor
    Nice shoes
    etc etc lol
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    That he's a man, not a boy, or a baby, and he makes no apologies for it.

You know...this is most likely the most difficult requirement I've seen on here yet. I've only rarely met a man that fits the above description...without being a complete *kitten* to boot. The ones I've met that WEREN'T *kitten*...and still met the above qualities...can be counted on one hand (in 36 years of meeting new people)...were men I respected and admired...and a few, I even looked up to.

I don't look up to a lot of people.

I wish you luck in your search.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I disagree with the whole "Relationships take work" thing,,, I don't see it that way.

Life takes work, careers take work, serving on a church committee or burying a parent or building a birdhouse take work. A good relationship is the respite, the safe place you go to recover and rest and be nourished and get back some of what you've put out.

I could be wrong, I dunno. I've only been married 24 years. Maybe next year it will start to be work.

Congrats on 24 years. I'm glad you don't see your relationship as work. I guess we could call it something else....effort? I have seen women complain that their SO doesn't ever compliment them any more, or do special things for them, etc. I have seen men complain that their SO doesn't dress up for them any more or do anything nice for them. That's what I meant by work. To many men and women both feel like after your married or been in a long relationship, that those things don't matter anymore. I do feel like I work at my marriage. I enjoy doing it but I put in the time to make him feel special, loved and wanted. He does too. He stills brings me a cup of coffee every morning after 3 years. That's what I meant by work, remembering to still make an effort.

I think you two just had a semantics conflict. I will also agree that a successful marriage/relationship takes work/effort though. Recently, my girlfriend said something she believed upset me. It didn't upset me so much as catch me off guard...but the next time we talked she not only apologized for her words...but explained the reason she reacted the way she did (yes, something I said/did was the catalyst, and she STILL apologized), and basically made sure that the situation was not only corrected...but understood before moving on. I of course respect/respected her regardless...but every time she does something like that...it brings into sharp new focus why I chose, and continue to choose her.

That is effort. That is work. That is the kind of thing that makes a relationship last. It doesn't just happen people. It's a voluntary choice you make every day of your lives together.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    A big ol' beard. I'm not talking long and scraggly. I'm talking full and thick. Oh and like Skittybang said. A penis.

Yes. Beard and penis.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    What about fire?

Fire is hot.
  • ma34113
    ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    just being nice to other people..having confidence...fit...and into trying new things :D
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    Sense of humor...rugged looks....and a winning smile
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I agree with being an unabashed, unapologetic man.
    Love it. If I wanted a weenie I'd fine one.

And faithful. He doesn't have to shout it out on the mountaintops... but I expect that look in his eye like there is nobody else.
    Good with children is a must. In fact just good with people in general. I tend to gravitate towards men with some innate "charm" **shrug**

also yes, male parts are preferred.

and a job

Thankfully these things weren't too much to ask for
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    Being a good dad.
    Not a cheating *kitten*...
    And has to take care of their teeth.

Again I say...aren't these things just a given?

Do most guys really suck so badly that women have to specify loyalty and being a successful father as traits that make a guy hotter lol?

Sadly Yes they do....guess maybe we are hoping if we keep saying it one day they will finally catch on.
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Options
    has nice calused strong hands and can apologize when he is WRONG!
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Being a good dad.
    Not a cheating *kitten*...
    And has to take care of their teeth.

Again I say...aren't these things just a given?

Do most guys really suck so badly that women have to specify loyalty and being a successful father as traits that make a guy hotter lol?

Sadly Yes they do....guess maybe we are hoping if we keep saying it one day they will finally catch on.

Unfortunately hun...those are things you either have, or don't =/. Saying it won't change anything.

I guess I should be even more grateful my Dad taught me right from wrong. The crazy thing is...until very recently (and I'm talking over roughly 20yrs of dating and relationships)...I'd yet to meet a girl that genuinely appreciated it.

Imagine the irony.
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    Seeing the way he interacts with his child(ren)
    Seeing the way he treats his mother
    seeing him do something sweet and helpful for an old person

These things are heartwarming!!!!!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    So question...

How do these things INSTANTLY make a man hotter? I mean I understand what your shaping your dream man into but what gets my foot in the door? :D
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    So question...

How do these things INSTANTLY make a man hotter? I mean I understand what your shaping your dream man into but what gets my foot in the door? :D

a good smile
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    So question...

Do something genuinely nice and smile.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    Being in front of me and yet stopping to hold the door open and let me pass through first...instant increase in hotness~
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    nice shoes

handyman

cute touch