Favorite Movie Quotes.

Options

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    "I put everybody that comes into my life in the category of a tree. Some people are like leaves on a tree. When the wind blows, they're over there... wind blow that way they over here... they're unstable. When the seasons change they wither and die, they're gone. That's alright. Most people are like that, they're not there to do anything but take from the tree and give shade every now and then. That's all they can do. But don't get mad at people like that, that's who they are. That's all they were put on this earth to be. A leaf.

Some people are like a branch on that tree. You have to be careful with those branches too, cause they'll fool you. They'll make you think they're a good friend and they're real strong but the minute you step out there on them, they'll break and leave you high and dry.

But if you find 2 or 3 people in your life that's like the roots at the bottom of that tree you are blessed. Those are the kind of people that aren't going nowhere. They aren't worried about being seen, nobody has to know that they know you, they don't have to know what they're doing for you but if those roots weren't there, that tree couldn't live.

A tree could have a hundred million branches but it only takes a few roots down at the bottom to make sure that tree gets everything it needs. When you get some roots, hold on to them but the rest of it... just let it go. Let folks go." Madea Fam Reunion
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    'I'm making love to the music man. And believe me, I can go all night.' - Moff, Human Traffic.

'We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man. We're nympholeptics, desiring for the unobtainable. We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment. So many ideas. So little memory. The last thought killed by anticipation of the next. We embrace an overwhelming feeling of love. We flow in unison. We're together. I wish this was real. We want a universal level of togetherness, where we're comfortable with everyone. We're in rhythm. Part of a movement. A movement to escape. We wave goodbye. Ultimately, we just want to be happy. Heh, yeah, hang on, what the **** was I just talking about?' Jip - Human Traffic.

'You've been on the force so long you think you've seen it all, but you haven't. 'Cause life's always got one more surprise for you. And sometimes, it's a big one.' Azzazel - Fallen

John Hobbes: Can I ask you a personal question?
    Gretta Milano: Everything is personal, if you're a person. - Fallen
  • sheddingmyfatsuit
    sheddingmyfatsuit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    "You know friend, this is one god-damned b**** of an unsatisfactory situation" - Jack Twist, Brokeback Mountain.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    " Chip, I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!" - Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    "That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired." - Office Space

"Just because you are a character doesn't mean that you have character." Pulp Fiction
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    "You can't handle the truth" - A Few Good Men
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO BE #1................WHATS WRONG WITH #2..........? tuesdays with Morrie~~~~:huh:
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    "A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." & "*We* are the music makers... and *we* are the dreamers of dreams." -Willy Wonka

I love that movie :happy:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    If you aint first youre last!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    *Tyler Durden: The things you own end up owning you.

*Tyler Durden: **** off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let… lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

*Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who’ve ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don’t need. We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war… our Great Depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won’t. And we’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off.

*Tyler Durden: You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re not your ****ing khakis. You’re the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

*Tyler Durden: Hitting bottom isn’t a weekend retreat. It’s not a goddamn seminar. Stop trying to control everything and just let go! LET GO!

*Narrator: You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O’Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ocean's Eleven:

Matt Damon to Brad Pitt: "Are you suicidal?"
    Brad to Matt: "Only in the morning."
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    "Every man dies, but not every man truly lives." - Mel Gibson playing William Wallace in Braveheart.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options

You got knocked the F*** out!

Hahahahaahaha!!!!

From Road Trip:

Rubin: "It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way. "
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    "Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They're shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, fleeting glimpse of eternity, and in a flash they're gone."

"If you're a bird, I'm a bird."

-The Notebook
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    "Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?!?!" - Major League

"'scuse me while I whip this out." - Blazing Saddles

“Have the courage to fail big and stick around… make them wonder why you’re still smiling.” – Elizabeth Town
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    “Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking.”

My all time favorite movie!! The Wizard of Oz :)
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    "And when Santa shoves his fat, white a** through that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a**holes this side of the nuthouse!" -Christmas Vacation.

LOVELOVELOVE this movie. I'll even watch it in June.
  • MisterDubs303
    Options
    "cheap, lying, no good, rotton, fore-fleshing, low-life snake licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog kissing, brainless ****, hopless, heartless, fat-*kitten*, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s*** he is -- Hallelujah -- Holy S*** ---- Where's the Tylenol??"

Clark Griswold from Chrismas Vacation
    Niiiice!

Look Russ, no lines.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    "cheap, lying, no good, rotton, fore-fleshing, low-life snake licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog kissing, brainless ****, hopless, heartless, fat-*kitten*, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s*** he is -- Hallelujah -- Holy S*** ---- Where's the Tylenol??"

Clark Griswold from Chrismas Vacation
    Niiiice!

Look Russ, no lines.

With the dvd function, try watching his rant in spanish. HILARIOUS!
  • MisterDubs303
    Options
    All from "A River Runs Through It"

Paul: Couldn't you find him?
    Norman: The hell with him.
    Paul: Well, I thought we were supposed to help him.
    Norman: How the hell do you help that son of a *****?
    Paul: By taking him fishing.
    Norman: He doesn't like fishing. He doesn't like Montana and he sure as hell doesn't like me.
    Paul: Well, maybe what he likes is somebody trying to help him.

"Why is it the people who need the most help... won't take it?" -Jesse Burns

"And I knew just as surely, just as clearly, that life is not a work of art, and that the moment could not last." -Norman

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters." -Norman