Worst advice you've seen on these boards

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Paper. It's made of paper.

Of course now there's a huge dent in it from my repeated head bashing.

I have a feeling this debate will continue on for at least another 15 pages.

Does anyone know how many calories I can burn by repeatedly bashing my head against a brick wall?

how heavy of a wall are we talking?

Is the wall made of feathers or rice?

Hm...I'm not sure if the dent will affect the DENSITY of the wall...Gah!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many true weight lifters we have on here. I know that everyone that lifts weight have came to a weight that they couldn't lift A 3lb weight could seem easy to lift than a 5lb weight. A 5lb weight seemed easy to lift than a 10lb weight. There's a reason why true weight lifters couldn't just jump into lifting 25lb weights.

I lift weights and I am not going to lie to anyone and say that I had to work my way up the weights ladder. A true person will not lie.

I wonder if we have any personal trainers on here that can explain why weight lifters have to work their way up the ladder.

Holy Moly!

Well usually because you start with the weight you can lift, and then move up as you gain more strength. Three pounds is lighter than five, five is lighter than 10, etc. And the sky is blue. What the heck does this have to do with your very wrong assertion that 10 pounds of fat is heavier than 10 pounds of mucsle? 10 pounds is STILL 10 pounds.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I wonder why you're completely changing the subject.

I'm not changing the subject. It's related to my question I have asked the smart people.
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    I wonder how many true weight lifters we have on here. I know that everyone that lifts weight have came to a weight that they couldn't lift A 3lb weight could seem easy to lift than a 5lb weight. A 5lb weight seemed easy to lift than a 10lb weight. There's a reason why true weight lifters couldn't just jump into lifting 25lb weights.

I lift weights and I am not going to lie to anyone and say that I had to work my way up the weights ladder. A true person will not lie.

I wonder if we have any personal trainers on here that can explain why weight lifters have to work their way up the ladder.

-blinks-
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I posted this once already, then you made me go back through all of these posts, so that I could re-post it for you, AZ person.......Please see where YOU asked Jvkh127 and let me know if that question is properly written. Take your time. We'll be here all night.

You explain to me what is wrong with what I have said. You are the teacher. I'm not.

I actually lift weights, but here goes...... YOU said "Jvkh127, why, you have such a small brain."

1) That is a QUESTION, not a STATEMENT, therefore, it needs to end with a question mark.
    2) You missed a word.
    C) It SHOULD read "Jvkh127, why, DO you have such a small brain?"

make sense now?
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many people we have on here that lift weights. I know that everyone that lifts weight have came to a weight that they couldn't lift A 3lb weight could seem easy to lift than a 5lb weight. A 5lb weight seemed easy to lift than a 10lb weight. There's a reason why true weight lifters couldn't just jump into lifting 25lb weights.

I wonder if we have any personal trainers on here that can explain why people that lift weights have to work their way up the ladder.

Houston we have a problem!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

I'm not changing the subject. It's related to my question I have asked the smart people.

If you have a point, please make it.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options

what is your question exactly?!!?!

is 10 lbs ... in fact, equal to 10 lbs???
    YES.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    LMFAO!

I <3 you MFPers
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    :huh: Is anyone else completely speechless and baffled at this??

I sort of have a headache now and demand some kind of closure. I doubt we're going to get it though
  • bry_all01
    Options
    *shares popcorn with everyone*

Thanks! Want some cheesecake? It's staring at me...

What kind?

Happy almost birthday!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I sort of have a headache now and demand some kind of closure. I doubt we're going to get it though

I agree.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    I wonder how many people we have on here that lift weights. I know that everyone that lifts weight have came to a weight that they couldn't lift A 3lb weight could seem easy to lift than a 5lb weight. A 5lb weight seemed easy to lift than a 10lb weight. There's a reason why true weight lifters couldn't just jump into lifting 25lb weights.

I wonder if we have any personal trainers on here that can explain why people that lift weights have to work their way up the ladder.

Yes, we do. My gut hurts. And my sides. From laughing my *kitten* off.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

PFFFTT I was born this way 100lb weights in each hand!!!!! I laugh at your 10lb weights and call them names:-)
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    This thread got me through my work shift tonight. Thanks everyone!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

I'm hoping it has a happy ending.
  • Ajbays10
    Ajbays10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I have a feeling that you are right...
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    *shares popcorn with everyone*

Thanks! Want some cheesecake? It's staring at me...

What kind?

Actually, its one that has all different kinds in the package: white chocolate raspberry swirl, turtle, chocolate swirl, and plain. I plan on putting it right back in the freezer unless you guys help me eat it!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I give up.

good night.

i have to go to work in 4 hours... i work at a fitness center... should i start putting stacks of paper in the weight room instead of dumbbells??

wait.. will i be able to move them?
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Yes, we do. My gut hurts. And my sides. From laughing my *kitten* off.

I have been massaging my cheeks because they hurt so much from laughing! I can at least thank everyone for making me smile tonight...Thanks all!!!