Worst advice you've seen on these boards

Options

Replies

• mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    'You're turning muscle into fat'....as if some mysterious form of alchemy has been discovered.

or turning fat into muscle...
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Has everyone forgotten that a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat?
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Has everyone forgotten that a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat?

Beat ya to it!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Oh and "People's goal weights are up to them, it's not for us to judge"

Well yes, but I am not going to see someone my height (5'5") aim for a goal of 100lbs and not say anything.

lord forbid one suggest that is unhealthy!!!
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    LOVE this topic! :-)
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I always like:

"I burned 783 calories in 14 minutes on the elliptical, should I eat back those calories?"

Hilarious!!!

14 minutes! what a beaaast!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I always like:

"I burned 783 calories in 14 minutes on the elliptical, should I eat back those calories?"

Hilarious!!!

Or how about the people that have like "I burned 2954 calories in 300 minutes walking, 2.5 mph"

Just because they walked around all day at a theme park or shopping.
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Run heel-to-toe!

no no NO NO NO!!!! Unless you wanna eff up your joints, you need to land mid-foot (or slightly forward of mid-foot).

This makes my list of bad advice.....the one size fits all variety.
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    If you have a blowout day, just take a load of laxatives before you go to bed and in the morning you'll wake up with stomach pains and everything will just come right out.

Wow, why didn't I think of that myself?! I guess Bulimia must be fine too then - jeez
  • mccarty2003
    mccarty2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "I'm 5'4 and my GW is 85lbs" :noway:

Holy cow! Lol...that's crazy!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I always like:

Hilarious!!!

Or how about the people that have like "I burned 2954 calories in 300 minutes walking, 2.5 mph"

You missed housework and 600 calls doing an hour of gardening.
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You guys are bursting all my bubbles here - I was planning on eating a bag of Oreos (seriously, that sounds so awesome right now - better go eat dinner FAST), following that with some celery for some negative calories, all while walking around the mall in my toning shoes! Now how on earth am I going to lose weight?
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    My personal favoite that fat weighs more than muscle or is it the other way around I cant remember ?

A little bit of knowledge is dangerous.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Oh and "People's goal weights are up to them, it's not for us to judge"

Well yes, but I am not going to see someone my height (5'5") aim for a goal of 100lbs and not say anything.

LOVE. (: !
  • fteale
    Options
    I may get shot for this, and I don't think it's close to the "don't eat fruit, do eat chocolate brownie/muffin/angel food cake" dichotomy, but advising low carbing for someone who does a lot of cardiovascular exercise, especially competitively always strikes me as dangerous.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I always like:

Hilarious!!!

You missed housework and 600 calls doing an hour of gardening.

or "RIDING A LAWNMOWER" 80 min... 1068.... I guess riding a lawnmower burns more calories than running 9 miles! (;
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but the worst piece of advice I ever got on these boards was to "shave the hedges" based on this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305380-ladies-your-preference-for-your-man

Damn razor cuts hurt like hell, and the wife felt the change was more hysterical than enjoyable :sad:
  • fteale
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but the worst piece of advice I ever got on these boards was to "shave the hedges" based on this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305380-ladies-your-preference-for-your-man

Damn razor cuts hurt like hell, and the wife felt the change was more hysterical than enjoyable :sad:

*like*
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of:

the best weight loss group ever (closed thread)
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Don't eat fruit. Fruit is baaaaaad, it has sugar in.

Look at these AMAZING fat free chocolate brownies!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: