Worst advice you've seen on these boards

Options

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    To quote myself:

Running is terrible for you! It will make your uterus fall out and your knees explode into fiery balls of light. Avoid running at all costs. You've been warned...

How much running would I need to do to keep my knees but lose my uterus?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    To quote myself:

Running is terrible for you! It will make your uterus fall out and your knees explode into fiery balls of light. Avoid running at all costs. You've been warned...

Yeah, I wondered if that was my uterus the other day when I was on the treadmill. Apparently it was. Ah well, at least now it won't get in the way of my testes.
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    To quote myself:

^^^this
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ah I've seen the negative calorie thing a few times and I was so confused! Also, I'm pretty sure I told someone to run heel to toe recently. Read that in a magazine this month. Could have been me giving that bad advice! Whoops!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    To quote myself:

I second that. My uterus is merely taking up space. Besides I could lose nearly a pound if it fell out. Wonder what else I could remove. Maybe a kidney and my appendix.
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Funny stuff! lol
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Ah I've seen the negative calorie thing a few times and I was so confused! Also, I'm pretty sure I told someone to run heel to toe recently. Read that in a magazine this month. Could have been me giving that bad advice! Whoops!

The theory on negative calorie food is that it requires more energy to eat/digest it than it has....but seeing how MFP account for what you burn in a day already....you can't count it as negative.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    "I'm in a great deal of pain and my ankle is twice it's normal size."

"Suck it up, Nancy, and work through the pain!"
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I saw someone post that vegetables are "negative calories."

You mean they aren't?!!?!? But chocolate is still a vegetable, right?

rofl.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    To quote myself:

I like my uterus and my knees, so thank you for forewarning me!

Joan Rivers says it drops!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

I saw that one too!! WTH?!
    Worse, I saw one today where someone posted this "negative calorie foods" list that included about 20 kinds of fruit.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options

yes this somehow is widely accepted, I have even see high calorie fruits listed on these lists, that somehow it takes more calories to chew and process food than the food provide, wow, so the vegans must be dying off left and right huh
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    What irks me the most is seeing powerlifter dudes advocating a 5x5 program of heavy lifts to people who have never in their life done a push-up let alone touched a free weight.

Advocating heavy lifting to someone who has no experience in form, technique and the fundamentals of movement for any given exercise, is simply asking for a serious injury.

I once read a comment from someone who claimed to be a "trainer" telling a 45 yr old woman who had never exercised and said she needed to lose 200 pounds to "do some wind sprints -- that's the best way to burn fat".
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    To quote myself:

I like my uterus and my knees, so thank you for forewarning me!

Joan Rivers says it drops!!

Did Joan's DROP, or did the rest of her just get pulled up higher?!
  • daisymae25
    daisymae25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To quote myself:

:laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    HCG- Don't knock it till you try it!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    HCG- Don't knock it till you try it!

ahyes, hcg with no solid research to back it
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you don't go over your calorie goal...
    does this mean I can eat a whole package of Oreos and still lose weight as long as that's all I eat all day???

Umm..if its less than your TDEE then yes.
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    To quote myself:

:laugh:

OMG this one kills me every time....

"Your knees hurt from all that running you do." Um, how about my knees started hurting 13 years before I became a runner? Nice try....
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    One person advised another not to eat fruit (because it puts on weight).

A personal trainer told me this...You should have seen the diet he put me on. He used to get on to me for ANY sugar I ate. I quit going to that gym, I thought he was on crack!