Worst advice you've seen on these boards

Options

Replies

• KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    To quote myself:

Running is terrible for you! It will make your uterus fall out and your knees explode into fiery balls of light. Avoid running at all costs. You've been warned...

How much running would I need to do to keep my knees but lose my uterus?

I second that. My uterus is merely taking up space. Besides I could lose nearly a pound if it fell out. Wonder what else I could remove. Maybe a kidney and my appendix.

lmao!!!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I saw someone post that vegetables are "negative calories."

I saw that one too!! WTH?!
    Worse, I saw one today where someone posted this "negative calorie foods" list that included about 20 kinds of fruit.

I saw that too! Negative calories is a myth, not even celery takes more calories to digest than it contains.
    http://bit.ly/qkeeY1
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    not to lift weights....just to do cardio!!! MALARKY
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    The cleanse is a great one and I'm sure the HCG will work wonders!

Can't forget about HCG, it's the magical pee drug!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I always feel bad for the people that ask the questions honestly. I usually don't want to say anything because I know they'll get a thousand responses, but then someone says somethin' stupid so I feel like I have to respond.... and almost always say "this is what worked for me"... hoping that a girl who is 5'2 realizes that her weight loss doesn't exactly mirror my 6' frame.

I equally feel bad for the people w/ honest questions (ya know... the really annoying ones about exercise cals and eating fruit and too much protein, etc, etc) and everyone gets on them about it when it really is just something they're curious about.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    To quote myself:

Running is terrible for you! It will make your uterus fall out and your knees explode into fiery balls of light. Avoid running at all costs. You've been warned...

Yeah, I wondered if that was my uterus the other day when I was on the treadmill. Apparently it was. Ah well, at least now it won't get in the way of my testes.

Snicker :glasses:
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I always like:

"I burned 783 calories in 14 minutes on the elliptical, should I eat back those calories?"

Hilarious!!!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    "I'm 5'4 and my GW is 85lbs" :noway:

Oh wow.. For real? That is just nuts!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    The best way to get in shape is with the shake weight and shape ups!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options

this + "but it's okay because I have a small frame!"
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I saw this one too... they must be confused with vegtables being 0 points through weight watchers maybe, but they still have calories.

Some vegetables are functionally negative calories because they require more energy in digestion to process than they will yield in energy for use by cells. Celery is a good example. Not true of all vegetables but true of some.

You have to keep in mind that most of the mass of these vegetables is undigestable cellulose. It's a wash-out in the end (they don't give you more calories to eat).
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes, let's debunk the fruit is bad for you myth, please. Fruit is chock full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. It's also great for satisfying a sweet tooth. Of course you shouldn't eat too much of it. You shouldn't eat too much of anything. I really like this list on the World's Healthiest Foods Web site:

http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

I've also read it doesn't matter how vigorously you exercise; you will burn the same amount of calories if you cover equal distances regardless of how vigorously you exercise. Calories are energy. The more vigorously you exercise, the more energy you expend, the more calories you burn. You are going to burn more calories running three miles than walking three miles.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Yes, let's debunk the fruit is bad for you myth, please. Fruit is chock full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. It's also great for satisfying a sweet tooth. Of course you shouldn't eat too much of it. You shouldn't eat too much of anything. I really like this list on the World's Healthiest Foods Web site:

http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

I've also read it doesn't matter how vigorously you exercise; you will burn the same amount of calories if you cover equal distances regardless of how vigorously you exercise. Calories are energy. The more vigorously you exercise, the more energy you expend, the more calories you burn. You are going to burn more calories running three miles than walking three miles.

You will burn 10x as much if you are wearing shape ups and using a shake weight while doing it...........true story:laugh:
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    'You're turning muscle into fat'....as if some mysterious form of alchemy has been discovered.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

I saw this one too... they must be confused with vegtables being 0 points through weight watchers maybe, but they still have calories.

Some vegetables are functionally negative calories because they require more energy in digestion to process than they will yield in energy for use by cells. Celery is a good example. Not true of all vegetables but true of some.

You have to keep in mind that most of the mass of these vegetables is undigestable cellulose. It's a wash-out in the end (they don't give you more calories to eat).

I must admit this one appears to be true but it won't really help much in the weight loss arena.
    http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/celery.asp
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Don't eat fruit. Fruit is baaaaaad, it has sugar in.

Look at these AMAZING fat free chocolate brownies!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Someone will have to explain this one to me.......
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Oh those bother me!!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Oh and "People's goal weights are up to them, it's not for us to judge"

Well yes, but I am not going to see someone my height (5'5") aim for a goal of 100lbs and not say anything.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    One that kills me every time:
    "Muscle is heavier than fat"

Nope, a pound of muscle and a pound of fat both weight a pound. Muscle is denser than fat so a pound of muscle takes up less space or is more compact than a pound of fat.