SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER TRIATHALON SIGN-UP THREAD (**CLOSE

Options

Replies

• tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I'm looking forward to being a part of this long-term.

My name is Dawn

Thanks for the welcome.
    I'm a 3-week newbie to MFP and looking forward to hanging out with some like-minded folks as I work towards my personal goals. Taking up the challenge of the full iron man.

I'm a teacher in Houston with an overly busy schedule and not a lot of extra time.

Please forgive me in advance... but some basic housekeeping here...

We would love to welcome you to do an Individual Triathalon as a part of the challenge... as you become more comfortable with the group and stick with us for a bit, than we would love to welcome you to a group challenge. We have had lots of "ins" and "outs" of people -- so we are hopeful to have steady, regular, routine members.

However, to participate in the challenge... we do need to know your name! :wink: You will see that I have asked others this same question... it's just a little more helpful to provide support, etc. if we actually know each others names. Thanks in advance.

~ Becky
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like this idea!

Would love to be considered a substitute.

Dawn
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: SUBSTITUTES -- INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT A CURRENT TEAM :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

For any of our regular members that are eligible for a Team Triathalon... but do not yet have a team. Here is the solution that I have come up with. Please make sure that you are signed up for an Individual Triathalon. Please also let me know you are interested in being a Substitute.

Here's how it will work... You will be placed on a list in the order that I receive notice that you want to be added to the list. If someone on a team drops out (we have put standards in place to avoid this happening, but just in case) then the substitute 1 will be added to that team and cover the event that the dropped person was doing. If someone on a team is injured, the next substitute would be added to that team. IT'S IMPORTANT that as a substitute -- you are doing everything you can in the 3 events because you never know which event you will be responsible for. Additionally, the person who dropped out will also have all of their miles dropped and your miles will replace theirs. So, if Jane drops from biking for the Pretty Penguins and she had 56 miles completed, Judy is the substitute and has 34 miles of biking... The Pretty Penguins are now at 34 miles of biking. HOWEVER, if the person drops due to injury - the substitute will pick up right where the injured team member left off.

Remember -- to participate in the Team Triathalons you have to have already been involved with the 100+ to Lose Thread on a regular basis, having been involved in one of our challenges is even better! This isn't about excluding anyone -- but again, we have had a tremendous amount of people who have not had the follow-through. That is not fair to your team. Therefore, we did this as a "closed" thread and set up some basic standards. Additionally - you need to introduce yourself to include your actual real name and let us know what event(s) you will be doing.

Any questions - please let me know!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Just confirming that I'm the biker with Lynn and Greg (we need to think of a team name!) and will be completing an individual Olympic (at least!) triathalon :)

We really do need a name. I suck at coming up with things like this. All I can think of is "Two Chicks & a Coq", but I realize that could be pretty offensive to some people. :blushing: I'm really not "that kind of guy", but for whatever reason the name popped into my head and now I can't think of anything else. :tongue:

HAHAHAHAHAHA THAT is GREAT!!! I really am over here rolling!!!!!!!

I am so totally offended.........that you think I would be offended by something as funny as that! HYSTERICAL! Go for it! Too dang funny.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I am ReNae and I joined MFP in Feb 2011. I have also been in the 100+ to lose group since joining and have grown to love every one of them! I walk/jog daily and will be doing that leg for the Honey Badgers team ( Go Becky & Lexie!) I am also going to do all three events in the olympic triathalon on my own. YIKES on the rope jumping! Something new for me. I hope my 10 year old still has her jump rope! I have really enjoyed our challenges and I'm excited to kick some Wabbid Wombat *kitten*. Let the trash talk begin!

no changes here for me.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    My name is Greg and I am the walker/runner (who's kidding who...walker) with Lynn and Andrea. We haven't yet picked a name; although, I have suggested one, slightly naughty, possibility. I have been a member of MFP for the last 70 days and absolutely love this group and the challenge!
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    HI I'm Bonnie and I am the biker babe lol for the Stitch Witches.36 hours until game time.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    I am JJ and I am the runner for the Stitch Witches! We have so got this in the (cutest little handknit and crosstitched) BAG!!!!!

I am also doing and Ironman length triathalon individually. I will be rowing for my swimming component, running for my running component and using my bike for the biking component.

GO STITCH WITCHES!!!!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Greg- like the name!:blushing:

Hey I want and awesome wombat signature too! Or maybe just a picture of their cool poo. :bigsmile:
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    is it to late to join?

My name is Nancy and I will be doing the individual Triathlon here. I will be doing Running/walking, Swimming and Jump roping for the month of September.

I will be doing the full Ironwoman as well.

Nancy -- please review the events... jumproping is a substitute for the swimming. Are you not able to bike? If not, then I will need to look at what we might be able to have to substiture for biking... so please let me know soon. THANKS!

-Becky
  • andilynn82
    andilynn82 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    We really do need a name. I suck at coming up with things like this. All I can think of is "Two Chicks & a Coq", but I realize that could be pretty offensive to some people. :blushing: I'm really not "that kind of guy", but for whatever reason the name popped into my head and now I can't think of anything else. :tongue:

It made me laugh! And I haven't thought of anything else, so that just might be our team :)
    (unless someone is offended by it, then I'll definitely think of an alternative!)
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    WELL! I went to buy a swimming out fit for the swimming part of the triathalon.
    Why is it that all the "women" sizes bathing suits are all in BLACK or FLORAL or some ugly blue or brown design? :mad: Why aren't there any cute "women" size bathing suits? I refused to buy another black one so I got a hot pick bottom, then chickened out and got a black top. (I don't like one piece bathing suits because I feel like a tamale in them) But as luck would have it, I bought it too BIG :noway: even though it was my regular size top. Too late to return it since I already went swimming in it. I figured out how big it was when my twins refused to stay inside. ( I rigged it up to keep control of the wild twins, there were kids swimming too :embarassed: ) Then, to make it worst, I put it in the automated drier in the womens changing room before I went home, only to have the top torn everywhere. It got caught on something. OH well, I guess I will have to man up and go get the matching hot pink top!!!! :bigsmile:
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am happy to substitute. Probably for the best since I have some unexpected company coming for 8 days in September. So much for working out then! I will keep up on walking and swimming best as I can. No promises my butt will see a bicycle seat at all, but maybe that is my "challenge" - to overcome my fear of the bike!

Happy end of August everyone!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    WELL! I went to buy a swimming out fit for the swimming part of the triathalon.
    Why is it that all the "women" sizes bathing suits are all in BLACK or FLORAL or some ugly blue or brown design? :mad: Why aren't there any cute "women" size bathing suits? I refused to buy another black one so I got a hot pick bottom, then chickened out and got a black top. (I don't like one piece bathing suits because I feel like a tamale in them) But as luck would have it, I bought it too BIG :noway: even though it was my regular size top. Too late to return it since I already went swimming in it. I figured out how big it was when my twins refused to stay inside. ( I rigged it up to keep control of the wild twins, there were kids swimming too :embarassed: ) Then, to make it worst, I put it in the automated drier in the womens changing room before I went home, only to have the top torn everywhere. It got caught on something. OH well, I guess I will have to man up and go get the matching hot pink top!!!! :bigsmile:

This is something I would do and it made me laugh out loud! There are some cute women's size bathing suits, but they cost and arm a leg. Since I do not plan to be this size for very long...I get the ugly old lady ones and will get a cute one next summer when I am not in the women's sizes. If you want a cute one now though, you might try looking around at like Sears or on line. It is swimsuit clearance season after all!
  • lombrica
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: ONE MORE DAY... TILL WE GO LIVE!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

... oh, and when the Honey Badgers kick everyone else's rumps! :laugh:
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow Tamales ;)

I went to Catherines today (a Tamale clothing store) refering to Brisa's lovely story) And I am happy to report for those of you with a Catherines near by!!! All of the swimsuits go on sale tomorrow and are marked down to liek $15. So!! Go go go! And also all their summer clothing is, I kid you not. $2.98. :)

Okay Now then I am the Swimmer for the wild, the wooly, the wonderful, Wabbbid WINNING WOMBATS! HAHAHAHA Take that stinky Badgers.. ;)

So for the moment I have the following people on as subs: Dawn, Brandi, Brisa, and Dusty! You are also set up to go under individual! So please log in everyday and enter your data for the individual competition because if you get 'called up' to the Majors as it were ;) to replace one of the team members. Your data will need to be transferred to the team data. So try your best! It will count. And even if you don't get called up, it still counts, every calorie is special ;)

And I got a team name for ya Greg ;)
    Rooster Cogburn and his Chicks in Waiting ;) or for short, Cogburn's Chicks. Who doesn't love the Duke? I mean, c'mon? All scruffy and cranky? Or I do have 3 predone team icons, Eager Beavers, Persistant Penguins, or Junkyard Dogs. You could pick one of those. :) I will warn you, the penguin is mighty cute, and mighty pink. Just some fyi there for ya Greg ;) LOL

Okay off to finish up the chart (Hopefully or I'll pass out trying) Or I'll have to wake up in the morning and get it done by uh, uh 4pm tomorrow or Becky will lynch me. :) Okay later taters.
  • lombrica
    Options
    Ok, I am happy to substitute. Probably for the best since I have some unexpected company coming for 8 days in September. So much for working out then! I will keep up on walking and swimming best as I can. No promises my butt will see a bicycle seat at all, but maybe that is my "challenge" - to overcome my fear of the bike!

Happy end of August everyone!

Again... Housekeeping... but fair is fair... I don't see that we ever had the full introduction of you?? I don't want to just assume your name is Brandi because I have been wrong on some others. So, if you want to play -- you have to give us your real name! :wink: Ask the other new people -- I have asked this before. Thanks in advance!
  • lombrica
    Options
    Hello my fellow Tamales ;)

I went to Catherines today (a Tamale clothing store) refering to Brisa's lovely story) And I am happy to report for those of you with a Catherines near by!!! All of the swimsuits go on sale tomorrow and are marked down to liek $15. So!! Go go go! And also all their summer clothing is, I kid you not. $2.98. :)

Okay Now then I am the Swimmer for the wild, the wooly, the wonderful, Wabbbid WINNING WOMBATS! HAHAHAHA Take that stinky Badgers.. ;)

So for the moment I have the following people on as subs: Dawn, Brandi, Brisa, and Dusty! You are also set up to go under individual! So please log in everyday and enter your data for the individual competition because if you get 'called up' to the Majors as it were ;) to replace one of the team members. Your data will need to be transferred to the team data. So try your best! It will count. And even if you don't get called up, it still counts, every calorie is special ;)

And I got a team name for ya Greg ;)
    Rooster Cogburn and his Chicks in Waiting ;) or for short, Cogburn's Chicks. Who doesn't love the Duke? I mean, c'mon? All scruffy and cranky? Or I do have 3 predone team icons, Eager Beavers, Persistant Penguins, or Junkyard Dogs. You could pick one of those. :) I will warn you, the penguin is mighty cute, and mighty pink. Just some fyi there for ya Greg ;) LOL

Okay off to finish up the chart (Hopefully or I'll pass out trying) Or I'll have to wake up in the morning and get it done by uh, uh 4pm tomorrow or Becky will lynch me. :) Okay later taters.

Not sure I would lynch ya! But hey... if that gets the job done by you believing that then I will! ha, ha, ha! :laugh: I love ya! AND - I love what you have been creating... I'm just excited for everyone else to see all the fancy stuff! :wink:

And... Honey Badgers don't care... we just win! Take that you rabbid wombat you... or I'll find the rabies shot and shoot it in your a... arm! :wink: :laugh:
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    *GONG*

You have been naaaammmed Team 5

See dawdling just doesn't pay...

You shall await the unvailing of the sheet to meet your fate..

muhahahahahahahahahahha

Oh...I am going to enjoy this.
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ok, let me do this one more time :wink:

Hi! My name is Lexie, Honey Badger biker! I am one-third of the Honey Badgers. I am also going to do a Full Ironman myself. I figure if I have to bike 112 miles, I am doing it all! I printed out my sign to go on the fridge, and I am ready to do this! I have had a couple of pep talks with my butt, and I think it is up for the challenge! :laugh:

I can't wait for this to start...I need the extra push! Oh yah, in addition to doing the challenge, I have added that I want to be in the 230's by the end of this challenge. That would be a loss of about 14 or 15 pounds (depending on which scale).

See you all tomorrow, after I will be recording my first set of miles! (where do I post those again?) Sorry becky, I haven't read up on this thread yet, :wink:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I hurt my leg a couple of days ago - nothing serious, just a bit of a pull. It's feeling better now, so hopefully I'll be all set to start my tri tomorrow. If not, I may only be joining in on Friday!

I'm doing the 5000cal a week challenge too. I've been logging about 6000 a week so far, but am worried about what will happen when work starts back up in earnest, and I have to spend hours writing lectures! Hopefully these two challenges will keep me focused....