Your first concert....?

Options

Replies

• inthequiet
    Options
    Backstreet Boys in August of 1998 at the then called Universal Amphitheater. I was almost 10.

My first concert sans parents though, was the same place but with New Found Glory, The Movielife and Good Charlotte.. I think it was 2003, I was 14. I'm pretty sure that was it. But I kind of don't remember, I went to a lot of shows/concerts around that age.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    The Beach Boys on St. Pete Beach back in the early 90's
  • hopespringseternal
    Options
    The year was 1989 (I was 15). Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. Rob Base and DJ E Z Rock. So embarrasing! My second concert isn't any less embarrasing...New Kids on the Block in Montreal the same year!

DO NOT be embarrassed!!! It takes two to make a thing go right!!!! I love Rob Base. Also, New Kids was my first concert ever. lol. If I'm not mistaken it was the same year because I was 11 or 12
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    1984, a double bill of John Waite and Scandal. I was 13. I think it was at University of the Pacific in Stockton, Ca. Won the tickets on the radio and felt pretty badass, as I recall.
  • hopespringseternal
    Options
    I'm almost embarrassed to say -- Statler Brothers in 1976 with my mother. I was 10! Anyone remember the song Elvira (giddy up, giddy up, maw maw). What I remember most is that I got all 7 autographs! Then Aerosmith at 16 -- friggen awesome!!

I love that song!!!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Air Supply for my 13th birthday, 1984 at barton collosium
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson at adelaide oval for the dangerous tour. dont remember what year that was.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Creedence Clearwater Revival, September 1970, Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. Booker T & The MGs opened.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I was 13, 1998, NSYNC, at the Murat in Indianapolis, IN. I went with my sister and Britney Spears was the opener and we hadn't really heard of her yet. I remember my sister leaning over to me when she was on stage and saying "Is it just me or does she have a huge *kitten*?" Still one of my favorite memories with my sister. We had SUCH a great time!

Hahaha I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one to say Nsync was my first concert. I was I think 12, so no crazyness there but a bunch of screaming like freaks and it was in Chicago.
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    1984, a double bill of John Waite and Scandal. I was 13. I think it was at University of the Pacific in Stockton, Ca. Won the tickets on the radio and felt pretty badass, as I recall.

NICE... huge fan of Waite (amazing singer), and Scandal was awesome.... :smile:
  • sammarlowe
    Options
    Dokken/Aerosmith, 1987. I was 13. Aerosmith headlined, but I mainly went to see Dokken. Though Aerosmith thoroughly impressed me. What I remember most was being shocked at how LOUD it was!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hall & Oates on their H20 tour maybe 1980 or 81

The first "real" concert I went to was Motley Crue on their Girls Girls Girls tour, we were so excited because White Snake was the opening act. So me and my buddies got in the car to go buy our tickets and then we looked at them and they said special guest Guns N' Roses........ we looked at each other and said who is Guns N' Roses.

This was before GnR had become famous
  • camberwellgreen
    Options
    ... was at Wembley (England) in the late Seventies to see Stevie Wonder's 'Hotter Than July' concert when I was in my teens. Amazing! It was a very happy occasion because I had played his tunes to death on my record player (doesn't that sound ancient?) and had dreamed of seeing him singing live. He did not disappoint, and I am still a huge fan.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i went to a John Schlitt concert. it was only him and he was the lead singer for the Christian band Petra. this was at a church somewhere in my community(i cant remember which one though) and the year was about 1993-94 somewhere in there.
  • prettytoxic
    prettytoxic Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    S Club 7.... I was maybe 8 or 9 but I know it was in Birmingham xD
  • adamtwd88
    Options
    X Fest 2002 Pittsburgh
    Rob Zombie, Puddle of Mudd, Hoobastank, Static X, Adema, The Clarks, Tenacious D, and some others....but those are who i went to see. It was pretty awesome.

Got to meet and hang out with Familiar 48....too bad they never made it all that big. haha. story of my life.

thats amazing (L)!
    would LOVE to see hoobastank & adema, but adema with marky, noone else :( lol x
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    My first concert was in my high school auditorium at 14-15 (1994) and it was an event happening every 2 months I think, it was 4-5 metal/ death metal bands (newcomers, some actually made it in my province) doing a great show.

My next shows were Richard Desjardins (quebec singer with or without his band that I loved so much), saw him 3 times between 15 and 17.

It got more serious after that: 21, saw Supertramp (the non Roger Hodgson version)...I saw tons of them since : Iron Maiden (4 times), Rammstein (3 times), Megadeth ( 3 times plus one backstage), Dream Theater (4 times plus one backstage), KISS (1 time), System of a Down (1), Roger Hodgson (1, in a few weeks 2), etc. I did 2 Gigantours, 1 Heavy MTL.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I met my husband at a John Mayer concert in 2002 (I was dragged by my best friend and almost did not go)... My friend went up to hit on one of his friends... We struck up a conversation on how much we hated John Mayer and the rest was history.

Lately, I have been to a Bob Dylan concert... I couldn't understand a word the man was saying but it was pretty awesome!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    George Michael. 8/30/1988 at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit, MI. Section D, row 21, seats 13, 14, and 15. (I went with two girlfriends.) It was a Tuesday. Deon Estus, the bass player for the band, opened for him. I was 14 and screamed myself hoarse - I couldn't talk for 3 days afterward.

I remember not wanting to leave. We sat there as the place emptied out, sort of dazed by the whole spectacle of the show (and it was a REALLY good live performance!) and there was a couple a few rows in front of us making out like crazy. The security guard came up to my friends and I and told us *we* had to leave. I looked at him, looked at the couple, and said, "If we kiss like that can we stay too?"

We were summarily ushered out.

Next concerts: Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Nine Inche Nails/David Bowie (was in the mosh pit for that one...), The JudyBats, Reverend Horton Heat (I shook Jimbo's hand!), and Styx - at the Jefferson, WI county fair a couple years ago. I'm due for another show!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    1985 and I saw King (Paul King frontman) - he had the biggest hair and the tightest trousers, I went with a bunch of school friends to the Playhouse in Edinburgh and we all went deaf from the screaming. LOVED IT!:laugh: