September Challenge - Team Amazing Grace (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Did the 5k today, so there's one bonus point!! Plus I did all the bushmen series today. I hope it's ok that I'm switching from pygmy to bushmen?? The 5 minute bearwalk was totally horrific LOL!!!

water-check
    under calories-check!

@SweetToothMelissa - YES!! It's ok to switch between Pgymy and Bushman challenges.... but if you do the advanced, you must do ALL the challenges for any given day to get the point for that day. (I hope that makes sense)....

@carrriebear - thanks for answering the C25K question!! I did W1D3 tonight... whoo hoo!! Now keep in mind that over the last 3 months, I've started this 3 times and never gotten past week 1 - hahaha!)

I'm excited because I can actually do it without feeling like I'm gonna DIE about half way through!!

Tonight I did Day #3 of the Basic (Pygmy) Series.... 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk. Ugh! 8 glasses of water (as of right now), and will be under my calorie goal.

Last night I had company show up right after my workout, so I didn't get a chance to post it, but I did day #2 of the Pygmy Series. I'm still a day behind, but will make it up on Saturday.

Hopefully we will see some serious weight loss this week!! Whew!! :drinker:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I did... um... nothing today. But I did stay under in calories and drink enough water!!!!

I will make up all the exercises over the next couple days, I promise. :)

And I'm running another 5K on Sunday for 9/11.
  • cath1717
    Options
    Questions for @Amazing_grace. you're often talking about C25K, what that's mean? (remember, I speak frence hihihi :laugh: )

I can answer this one! The C25K is a program that takes you from being a couch potato to running a 5K (3.1 miles). It is Couch to 5K with it's full name. You do three workouts a week for 9 weeks. The first week is simply warmup 5 minutes, run 60 sec and walk 90 seconds for 20 minutes total, then cooldown for 5 minutes. The final work out is that you run for 30 minutes after the warm up and then cool down. you can goole C25K... here is one of the links: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I did the program. I did a quarter marathon (6.55 miles) last weekend and am now training for a half marathon (13.1 miles)!!! This program takes people who hate to run and shows them the joy and great benefits... I highly recommend it :wink:

**Edit: I was one that hated running!?

WOW, very inspiring your story! I'll definitely try to run a 5Km like a potato.... euh I meant like a hero :laugh: Thanks!
  • cath1717
    Options
    SEPTEMBER THURSDAY 8TH

Water = Check
    Under Calorie = Check
    Challenge Exercices Days 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 = All Check!
  • My favorite logo is the red and green one, but I like them both.
    Thursday - under calorie count and 8 glasses of water.
    Hoping to get back to exercising today or tomorrow.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Finished up all Bushmen exercises from Wednesday and yesterday. For today I had to switch to Pygmy. My knee is killing me and I have a very active weekend (tennis and cycling tomorrow and a 5K scheduled for Sunday morning), so I had to take it a little easy on it for a couple days. But all exercises are done through today.

Under calories, 8 glasses of water. :)
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Tonight I did Day #4 of the Pygmy Series....I've been pushing my knees a little too hard and need to try to give them a rest. Um, yea.... well, I didnt feel too bad once I got home and iced them a little, so I went out and walked my 5.3 mile evening walk (at a much slower pace though), and then went and helped a friend pack (she is moving) and move things into her garage for a yard sale tomorrow.

Then I came home and since I was over my calorie goal (ugh!) I went out for a short bicycle ride. (so much for babying those knees - huh?)

But I am sitting here, putting ice on them again, and feeling good that I came in under my calorie goal!! Yay!!!!!

Next week's challenges are posted on Gary's MFP blog. I haven't looked at them yet, but I did see that he has posted them.

http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

Good night all!!
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been under calories all week and have done at least 8 cups of water this whole week also....I have yesterday's and today's exercises to do tomorrow...along with tomorrow's exercises :) Will get them all done tomorrow for sure!!!
  • cath1717
    Options
    SEPTEMBER FRIDAY 9TH

Water = OK
    Over calories = :(

Ciaoo
  • sbrown44
    Options
    I really do apologize to the whole team, but here is my post for the next few days.....

Sorry everyone, I will not be on here for a few days. I am trying to cope with the death of a very dear friend and am not succeeding very well. My eating is all over the place and I am trying not to sink into depression. Take care all.
  • Friday - Under calorie goal and got in 8 glasses of water.
    Monday I will be back on track with the exercise as I am getting my strength back.
  • SweetToothMelissa
    Options
    I really do apologize to the whole team, but here is my post for the next few days.....

Sorry everyone, I will not be on here for a few days. I am trying to cope with the death of a very dear friend and am not succeeding very well. My eating is all over the place and I am trying not to sink into depression. Take care all.

So sorry to hear about your loss :(

We definitely understand that you aren't able to keep your obligation to the team right now. I hope you can find some comfort during this time.

As for me I completed all pygmy series exercises for yesterday, the day before and today, plus ran a couple miles. Feeling good, and hoping for a nice weigh in tomorrow!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Today I didn't do too much in the way of exercises.... my knees were still hurting me, so I got caught up on some computer work and cleaned my apartment. It just about killed me not to be able to go outside and walk or bike or SOMETHING!! That's too funny! I did ice my knees off and on all day, and think that they are much better tonight.

I did most of day 5 challenges today including
    1 minute bear walk - ugh!
    50 Crunches,
    25 Split Squats,
    I'm saving the jumping jacks for tomorrow and I will also do some walking tomorrow to get in another 5K this week!

DON'T FORGET!! - I NEED EVERYBODY'S WEIGHT TOMORROW!! Whoo Hoo!! :drinker:
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    I will be doing the challenge exercises from yesterday later tonight. Didn't have a chance yesterday. Plus, I ran a 5K today.

My weigh-in was at exactly 170 this morning, but it's TOM, so that doesn't count. I always put on around 5 lbs during this time. lol.
  • jmanthei98
    jmanthei98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Eating was all over the place this week, considering what was going on, but I must have done alright, because I satyed the same this week. :-D I know today is supposed to be a rest day, but given I haven't really been able to exercise much, I'm gonna go for a short run before I do my grocery shopping. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this coming week will be back to "normal". LOL

And Sarah, I don't count my weight during TOM, either! ;-)
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    @jmanthei98... I see a cruise ship on your ticker too. Are you going on a cruise? I'm going on an Alaskan cruise next year in May for my birthday. I'm taking my mom! She's so excited. I just wondered.

I lost 1.6 this week! I'm happy! AND I'm starting week 2 of my C25K running! I'm sooo excited! I've never made it past week one before! Lol.

Have a GREAT day everybody. I'll see you tonight!
  • SweetToothMelissa
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight this week :( BUT I'm blaming it on the fact that I have started weight training again, and my muscles are sore, and I've heard that when your muscles are sore, they retain water. I've been pretty good with my eating, but next week I'm going to be better with what I'm putting in my mouth.

Great job this week all!! I'm hoping to lose a lot for next Sunday :)

Oh ...and I may do my Monday exercises today, because every Monday I go to my nana's for dinner and don't get home till 8pm usually....and the last thing I want to do at that time is work out, especially because I have to shower after and straighten my hair which takes forever....so I think from now on, I'll just take Monday as my rest day instead of Sunday.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight this week :( BUT I'm blaming it on the fact that I have started weight training again, and my muscles are sore, and I've heard that when your muscles are sore, they retain water. I've been pretty good with my eating, but next week I'm going to be better with what I'm putting in my mouth.

Great job this week all!! I'm hoping to lose a lot for next Sunday :)

Oh ...and I may do my Monday exercises today, because every Monday I go to my nana's for dinner and don't get home till 8pm usually....and the last thing I want to do at that time is work out, especially because I have to shower after and straighten my hair which takes forever....so I think from now on, I'll just take Monday as my rest day instead of Sunday.

@SweetToothMelissa - that's a good idea - thinking ahead!! Lol.

Today I finished up my jumping jacks and walk from yesterday and the pgymy challenges for Day 6 -
    2 sets of 15 swimmer presses,
    2 sets of 15 wood chops,
    2 sets of 21’s,
    2 sets of 15 lawnmowers....

Ugh!! Lol...... and my STEELERS lost today....no - they got slaughtered!! Sheesh!!

Have a good week everybody!!
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Okay, I have to admit, this challenge is not motivating me this month like it did last month. I think we had more active group members last month, and I think more people were really sticking with it. I used to feel like I didn't want to be letting the group down, but this month I feel like the group is already losing the team points so why bother? Is it just me? It could be, and I admit it.

Maybe I just need a break. :(
  • SweetToothMelissa
    Options
    Okay, I have to admit, this challenge is not motivating me this month like it did last month. I think we had more active group members last month, and I think more people were really sticking with it. I used to feel like I didn't want to be letting the group down, but this month I feel like the group is already losing the team points so why bother? Is it just me? It could be, and I admit it.

Maybe I just need a break. :(

No it's definitely not just you, because I feel the same way. I don't see everyone even checking in. If someone has a legitimate reason not to be tracking I can understand that...but when people just say "oh went over cals today"...it's not motivating to me, because like you said, we are already not getting the bonus points for the week, so why bother.

But...I need to stay motivated for myself, so I guess that's why I keep at it!!!

LOL...but with that said (typed), I didn't do day 1 exercises yesterday LOL. I will get them done though!!!

<3