The Great Hall of Hogwarts School

Options

Replies

• _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hi OP/Headmaster.

Can you edit the original post to include links to the 4 house common rooms?

thanks

Gwen
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Good morning - I had to bale last night because this site was SO SLOW and I had to get in bed. Sorry to leave you all hanging - I couldn't get my posts to go through, I couldin't update my diary - nothing! :explode:

Anyway - I agree with Bron to just keep in-house points separate if each house is going to be doing its own thing. If we had mutual school-wide challenges, then points for everything could be included...

As far as minutes exercised, why not just add up the total minutes for the month for everyone in your house and then divide it by the number of participants and use that result as the House Points?

I've got to get to work, but I'll check back in at lunch time.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options

As far as minutes exercised, why not just add up the total minutes for the month for everyone in your house and then divide it by the number of participants and use that result as the House Points?

I agree with this.
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    So, to be clear, in-House points (OWLs/NEWTs/whatever we call them) do NOT affect inter-House points. Correct?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    So, to be clear, in-House points (OWLs/NEWTs/whatever we call them) do NOT affect inter-House points. Correct?

I say, no, for simplicity. Heads of House can do what they want with them according to their own needs.

I also agree that we should add up minutes exercised and divide by number of members to keep it a little more even. Then people can keep joining the Houses they want regardless of our numbers.

YAY, so we're all in agreement, right? Wait, except Slytherin...I gave her a heads up, let's wait and see if she checks back in before we make this official, maybe...
  • hufflepuffin
    Options

I say, no, for simplicity. Heads of House can do what they want with them according to their own needs.

I also agree that we should add up minutes exercised and divide by number of members to keep it a little more even. Then people can keep joining the Houses they want regardless of our numbers.

YAY, so we're all in agreement, right? Wait, except Slytherin...I gave her a heads up, let's wait and see if she checks back in before we make this official, maybe...

Perfect. Hopefully its all settled!
  • azsuzi
    Options

Agreed. Whew! Glad that's all settled! :laugh:

Here's another tough question: Will we start the September challenge on September 1 or the first weekend of September? Ravenclaw weighs in on Sundays/Mondays. What do you say to running the challenges for 4 weeks each month starting with the first weekend in September? (Example: September would be Sept 4 thru Oct 2, October would be Oct 2 thru Oct 30, November would be Oct 30 thru Nov 27 and so on.)
  • pattymayo
    Options
    Hello....just wondering how I can apply?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Here's another tough question: Will we start the September challenge on September 1 or the first weekend of September? Ravenclaw weighs in on Sundays/Mondays. What do you say to running the challenges for 4 weeks each month starting with the first weekend in September? (Example: September would be Sept 4 thru Oct 2, October would be Oct 2 thru Oct 30, November would be Oct 30 thru Nov 27 and so on.)

I think Hufflepuffs are weighing on Fridays and Gryffindors weigh on Mondays, so how about we do it from the first Monday and go 4 weeks for each challenge from there? That way all the Houses can weigh in like normal, but just report their numbers on that first and last Monday? I also think maybe we should leave a week in between challenges to give people time to weigh in (I always have stragglers) and give time for calculations and badges to be distributed before we start back up again? It won't line up with the months exactly, maybe we can try it and see if it helps this first time?

I'm not sure if that will help...any other ideas?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hello....just wondering how I can apply?

What House would you like to be in?
  • hufflepuffin
    Options

I think Hufflepuffs are weighing on Fridays and Gryffindors weigh on Mondays, so how about we do it from the first Monday and go 4 weeks for each challenge from there? That way all the Houses can weigh in like normal, but just report their numbers on that first and last Monday? I also think maybe we should leave a week in between challenges to give people time to weigh in (I always have stragglers) and give time for calculations and badges to be distributed before we start back up again? It won't line up with the months exactly, maybe we can try it and see if it helps this first time?

I can talk to my Hufflepuffs about weighing in on Sundays and Mondays instead.
    And how about we ask for a weigh-in before the beginning of each challenge? Then we can keep it within the months and not have a jumble of due dates?
  • bubbles143
    Options
    i need all of this VERY CLEARLY pointed out by the headmaster!
    i am new to this and all of the posts on here have become very confusing!
    i am down for whatever you guys want to do and will set the rules for my house accordingly!

btw; are we allowed to handle prefects and headboy/girl on our own? because i think that should just be a house thing in which we take care of ourselves :)

sorry if i'm slow, but i want to get this right!
    and we'll have to do a sum divided by the number of people we have, because i know slytherin will be running short on memebers our first challenge :p
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    i need all of this VERY CLEARLY pointed out by the headmaster!
    i am new to this and all of the posts on here have become very confusing!
    i am down for whatever you guys want to do and will set the rules for my house accordingly!

btw; are we allowed to handle prefects and headboy/girl on our own? because i think that should just be a house thing in which we take care of ourselves :)

sorry if i'm slow, but i want to get this right!
    and we'll have to do a sum divided by the number of people we have, because i know slytherin will be running short on memebers our first challenge :p

There is no Headmaster! It's up to the Heads of Houses to hash the details out and set the rules.

This is what we have so far.

Right now, the following seem to be set in stone.

- Head Girl/Head Boy selected from entire School based on weight loss percentage for the month

- Prefects are chosen when and how each individual Head of House sees fit. The significance of a Prefect is also determined by individual Heads of House

- In-House points and challenges set for a House are set up and distrubuted as each individual Head of House sees fit

- First inter-House competition is to be held in September. Basis will be exercise minutes for the month. Minutes will be totalled per House and divided by the number of members in that House to provide an average. Highest average for the month wins the House Cup.

- Total Weight Loss Percent for each House is to be submitted at the end of every week. Highest weight-loss Percentage at the end of the week wins the Quidditch Cup

We're still trying to figure out

- If we can get the whole school to weigh-in around the same day (Sundays, Mondays)

Am I missing anything? :smile:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    bumping so i can find the Great Hall later :happy:
  • bubbles143
    Options
    thanks, i'm slowly but surly figuring this out!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can find this again. Really excited about the challenges and joined Slytherin house. I am a Slytherin through and through.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
  • azsuzi
    Options

So start date is Sept 5 (using that weekend's weigh ins)
    End date for Sept challenge is Oct 3

I think we can continue on with October's challenge and just let us hash out the numbers in the first week of the next challenge. I don't really see a need to take a break between but I would say we need to settle the numbers and distribute badges within the week. It will keep it simpler to say "September challenge", "October challenge" and so on. Don't you agree?
  • hufflepuffin
    Options

So start date is Sept 5 (using that weekend's weigh ins)
    End date for Sept challenge is Oct 3

I think we can continue on with October's challenge and just let us hash out the numbers in the first week of the next challenge. I don't really see a need to take a break between but I would say we need to settle the numbers and distribute badges within the week. It will keep it simpler to say "September challenge", "October challenge" and so on. Don't you agree?

Yes!