The Great Hall of Hogwarts School

Options

Replies

• psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    sorry i haven't been to the Great Hall lately, Peeves has been up to his old tricks again and i got stuck on the 3rd floor!! :explode: how's everyone been doing the first week back?
  • Phbbbbbbbbt!
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    Good morning everyone... Who has Potions first thing this morning?? I seriously need a good luck serum.. my car is broke. . . :-(
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    i always giggle whenever i get to the great hall. thanks for the laugh guys.
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not taking potions this year. Aiming for next year.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello my dearest! I finally received my letter and have been sorted into Ravenclaw... I am still adjusting to the thought. I guess I am smarter than I am braver. LOL

~Not sure if I should switch houses here, is that even allowed?

I have been slacking, I am still on a mental holiday. I need to get things in order so that I can get on the ball with the weight loss. I have at least managed not to gain any.

Heart You!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    How is September treating everyone so far??? ^_^
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hello my dearest! I finally received my letter and have been sorted into Ravenclaw... I am still adjusting to the thought. I guess I am smarter than I am braver. LOL

~Not sure if I should switch houses here, is that even allowed?

I have been slacking, I am still on a mental holiday. I need to get things in order so that I can get on the ball with the weight loss. I have at least managed not to gain any.

Heart You!

For Pottermore? Dude, the exact same thing happened to me yesterday! I thought I could maybe be a Ravenclaw when I first read HP, but I decided my personality was WAY more Gryffindor-like. The questions the Sorting Hat asked me were more in line with my skills and interests (which are very Ravenclaw-like) so that's where the Hat put me. It bummed me out, but it will still be fun :)

As far as switching Houses, I suppose you're welcome to, but don't feel you HAVE to. For one, I'd be sad to see you leave Gryffindor, and for two, consider this your way of negotiating with the Hat to put you where YOU want to be ;)
  • la_nanita
    Options
    As far as switching Houses, I suppose you're welcome to, but don't feel you HAVE to. For one, I'd be sad to see you leave Gryffindor, and for two, consider this your way of negotiating with the Hat to put you where YOU want to be ;)

LOL... I have been seeing from a lot of people on FB that this kind of thing happened to... I am not switching houses. Gonna stick with you guys. I will just be a Ravendor!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

LOL... I have been seeing from a lot of people on FB that this kind of thing happened to... I am not switching houses. Gonna stick with you guys. I will just be a Ravendor!

I'll be a Gryffinclaw :)
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I just joined this site a few days ago but I'm a Harry Potter Fanatic! Have read all the books multiple times, seen all of the movies, even have some fanfiction online. Would love love love to be in one of the houses!!! How do I go about getting into one??
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Oh my! I just joined this site a few days ago but I'm a Harry Potter Fanatic! Have read all the books multiple times, seen all of the movies, even have some fanfiction online. Would love love love to be in one of the houses!!! How do I go about getting into one??

What House would you like to join?
    Go to the second link in my signature and pick one! (the links are near the bottom)
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Posted on the Ravenclaw house. Usually get sorted into Slytherin, but Ravenclaw was always a close second lol.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Posted on the Ravenclaw house. Usually get sorted into Slytherin, but Ravenclaw was always a close second lol.

I sent you an email - welcome to Ravenclaw!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    So, I found this interview with JK about the sorting process of Pottermore, and she said she tested it on her friends, family, and even the Pottermore team and they were all right. Either way, the sorting into an unexpected House has made me look at myself in a new light and realize some things I just assumed I didn't have.

That's pretty cool! I know I would still fit in Gryffindor for some of my characteristics, but I'm gonna go with this Ravenclaw thing :)

Not for this challenge, because that would be silly, but 'in real life'. :)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    So, I found this interview with JK about the sorting process of Pottermore, and she said she tested it on her friends, family, and even the Pottermore team and they were all right. Either way, the sorting into an unexpected House has made me look at myself in a new light and realize some things I just assumed I didn't have.

That's pretty cool! I know I would still fit in Gryffindor for some of my characteristics, but I'm gonna go with this Ravenclaw thing :)

Ravenclaws rock! (it will be interesting to see where I am sorted come October)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Ravenclaws rock! (it will be interesting to see where I am sorted come October)

They really do! Emily's one, too, so she's happy, haha. I'm tempted to open a new account and try again just to be sure, but that seems to be missing the point of getting Sorted by JK in the first place. A lot of people are doing that, tho. I get being reluctant to let go of a loyalty to another house, but if we had all been sorted before we developed those connections would it really be such a big deal now? I really doubt it. That's how I'm trying to think about it. It's only weird because I decided I was Gryffindor long ago based on my thoughts about myself. The more I think about it, I was being a little too idealistic about the most Gryffindor-y characteristics I thought I had. I've been thinking about it a LOT, lol!
  • la_nanita
    Options
    I love how there are people out there that really understand how I feel about HP... Its funny that we have family we have never even met in our Wizarding World
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I love how there are people out there that really understand how I feel about HP... Its funny that we have family we have never even met in our Wizarding World

Agreed!!