The Great Hall of Hogwarts School

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I think Hufflepuffs are weighing on Fridays and Gryffindors weigh on Mondays, so how about we do it from the first Monday and go 4 weeks for each challenge from there? That way all the Houses can weigh in like normal, but just report their numbers on that first and last Monday? I also think maybe we should leave a week in between challenges to give people time to weigh in (I always have stragglers) and give time for calculations and badges to be distributed before we start back up again? It won't line up with the months exactly, maybe we can try it and see if it helps this first time?

I'm not sure if that will help...any other ideas?

So start date is Sept 5 (using that weekend's weigh ins)
    End date for Sept challenge is Oct 3

I think we can continue on with October's challenge and just let us hash out the numbers in the first week of the next challenge. I don't really see a need to take a break between but I would say we need to settle the numbers and distribute badges within the week. It will keep it simpler to say "September challenge", "October challenge" and so on. Don't you agree?

Yes!

Yes, that's true! Ok, for consistency, let's say:
    Weigh-ins for each House can be anytime from Friday-Monday, Heads of House need to post their weekly numbers (total weight loss percentages, and House Points so far so we can just get an idea who's in the lead) by each Wednesday so I can post the Inter-House progress by Friday (believe me, I'll need that time to round up my stragglers, lol!). We'll just have to be content with having the results during the next week to be realistic :)

Also, I mentioned this once, but I guess technically I'll the Headmaster for the purpose of tracking Inter-House challenges (unless someone else wants to do it really really badly or something). Is that ok? I just know I'll be able to flex my schedule around it for the foreseeable future :)
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    I think Hufflepuffs are weighing on Fridays and Gryffindors weigh on Mondays, so how about we do it from the first Monday and go 4 weeks for each challenge from there? That way all the Houses can weigh in like normal, but just report their numbers on that first and last Monday? I also think maybe we should leave a week in between challenges to give people time to weigh in (I always have stragglers) and give time for calculations and badges to be distributed before we start back up again? It won't line up with the months exactly, maybe we can try it and see if it helps this first time?

I'm not sure if that will help...any other ideas?

So start date is Sept 5 (using that weekend's weigh ins)
    End date for Sept challenge is Oct 3

I think we can continue on with October's challenge and just let us hash out the numbers in the first week of the next challenge. I don't really see a need to take a break between but I would say we need to settle the numbers and distribute badges within the week. It will keep it simpler to say "September challenge", "October challenge" and so on. Don't you agree?

Yes!

Yes, that's true! Ok, for consistency, let's say:
    Weigh-ins for each House can be anytime from Friday-Monday, Heads of House need to post their weekly numbers (total weight loss percentages, and House Points so far so we can just get an idea who's in the lead) by each Wednesday so I can post the Inter-House progress by Friday (believe me, I'll need that time to round up my stragglers, lol!). We'll just have to be content with having the results during the next week to be realistic :)

Also, I mentioned this once, but I guess technically I'll the Headmaster for the purpose of tracking Inter-House challenges (unless someone else wants to do it really really badly or something). Is that ok? I just know I'll be able to flex my schedule around it for the foreseeable future :)

I'll sign that!

We got it down then!
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    Dude, can't say how proud I am to be in this geeky **** haha.
    Thanks Bronwen for askin me to climb on board!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Oh, yay! So our first official weigh-ins for September will start next Friday (9/2) and go til Monday (9/5)! Numbers posted by Wednesday, results by the next Friday.

Awesome :)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - guess I've got some emailing to do 'cause I've got some Ravenclaws that haven't weighed in for a while. I sure do wish MFP would allow us to email several members at once. :ohwell:

Oh - and Bron, thanks for taking on the Headmaster position. If you're going to be away, let me know and I can fill in if need be.
  • bubbles143
    Options
    so, to make things ABSOLUTELY CLEAR, because i'm a dummy,

there are TWO challanges for the whole "school" one for the house cup=minutes exercised divided by number of people, and one for quiditch cup=number of lbs lost on avarage.
    and headboy/headgirl are given to those with the most weightloss on a monthly basis?

and we're not giving out house points or anything like that?

sorry if this is annoying, i just want to make sure i don't mess up slytherin's chances or anything like that, i'd hate to let them down :[
  • bubbles143
    Options

there are TWO challanges for the whole "school" one for the house cup=minutes exercised divided by number of people, and one for quiditch cup=number of lbs lost on avarage.
    and headboy/headgirl are given to those with the most weightloss on a monthly basis?

sorry if this is annoying, i just want to make sure i don't mess up slytherin's chances or anything like that, i'd hate to let them down :[

and will there only be one headboy/girl for the WHOLE group, not eight, two for each group?
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    BUMP :bigsmile:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

and will there only be one headboy/girl for the WHOLE group, not eight, two for each group?

It is a little confusing :)

Each minute of exercise is worth 1 House Point. If a person completes 27 minutes of exercise, that's 27 House Points. As Head of Slytherin House, you'll have your students report the number of House Points they've earned every week. Add them all up and divide by the number of students to get the average. Send me this number by Wednesday of every week starting 9/7.

Weight loss is calculated as a percentage. You need to have all your students report their starting weights between Friday and Monday every week starting 9/2 - 9/5. Add up all the starting weights so you have one big number. When your students post their weight loss for the next week add up those weights to get another number. Use this problem to figure the percentage: 1- (most current weight) / (previous weight). If that's too confusing, just send me your total weights every week and I'll do it for you :)

Head Boy/Girl are given at the end of the month to the 2 students with the highest individual House Points in the whole School. Each Head of House will send me their highest scoring person with their numbers and I'll post the 2 winners.

There won't be individual awards for weight loss, only the Quidditch Cup as a whole House.

Also, each week, I'll send a reminder of exactly what all I need from you, so you won't be left behind. Promise :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Sounds good - guess I've got some emailing to do 'cause I've got some Ravenclaws that haven't weighed in for a while. I sure do wish MFP would allow us to email several members at once. :ohwell:

Oh - and Bron, thanks for taking on the Headmaster position. If you're going to be away, let me know and I can fill in if need be.

I wish that, too!! And thanks, I appreciate that :)
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Glad we have all four houses together - THIS is going to be fun!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Just for curiosity's sake, how many students do Gryffindor and Ravenclaw have?

I just saw that Slytherin is at 19, and there are 21 students in Hufflepuff House.
  • hufflepuffin
    Options

I just saw that Slytherin is at 19, and there are 21 students in Hufflepuff House.

22 now! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

22 now! :)

Gryffindor has 30ish.
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This looks like a BLAST and I would love to join one of the houses, but I am working and going to school right now so I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up with all the challenges. I also don't have a whole lot of weight I want to lose (ten pounds more, at the most), more of just getting fit. would I still be able to participate?
  • azsuzi
    Options

I have no idea! I've had people emailing and dropping into the Common Room like crazy. Plus there are quite a few existing members that haven't weighed in or posted in several weeks so I don't know if they're still interested. I've got to email them to see what's up. I'm working on my list now and will let you know...
  • azsuzi
    Options
    This looks like a BLAST and I would love to join one of the houses, but I am working and going to school right now so I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up with all the challenges. I also don't have a whole lot of weight I want to lose (ten pounds more, at the most), more of just getting fit. would I still be able to participate?

Hi, Merryfaith. You're more than welcome to join and participate in the exercise challenge. What is you house preference?
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Hi, Merryfaith. You're more than welcome to join and participate in the exercise challenge. What is you house preference?
    Hufflepuff! I've found the common room so I'll post over there :) Thank you!
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    sweeet golly I am so excited to get badges Im a prefect right now does that mean I get something to put in my signature and brag about it. I feel like Percy prefect coming through. lols.
  • azsuzi
    Options

OK - so if all of the Ravenclaws join in, we have 27.